Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

this is day 4 and my calfs and thighs are trying to cramp up. the only thing i can think of is i have not had any sodium in my diet for 4 days. could that be the cause.maybe when i eat some Soup that will give me the sodium. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! anyone. also this is a question for the women its persnal but my you know what is starting to itch anyone else with that problem?

The leg cramps are probably hydration, but you might also need potassium. As for the other, so did I. I think it was a reaction to the IV antibiotics. Try rinsing with Water twice a day....we have to remember all of this will pass. Yay! On the 10lbs!!!!

Or potassium. That happens too. Personally, I'd put a call in to your surgeon. You were just done, so he needs to tell you what you can take. Hang in there!

it dont itch where the cath came out the itch is in the spot if you know what i mean. i drink my fluids i get in about maybe 1qt a day. trying to increase each day though thanks for the suggestions and i willcall the office tomorrow, ond they did give me antibiotics

since i had my hysterectomy i dont get them anymore so its strange im getting one now ive had antibiotics lots of them and no yeast. damn i thought i was invincible to those now. i guess not

I just saw my dr for calf cramps. He tested for potassium and magnesium deficiency. I do know this is common in people with hypothyroid. I have not received the test results yet. Good luck!

this is day 4 and my calfs and thighs are trying to cramp up. the only thing i can think of is i have not had any sodium in my diet for 4 days. could that be the cause.maybe when i eat some Soup that will give me the sodium. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! anyone. also this is a question for the women its persnal but my you know what is starting to itch anyone else with that problem?

Are you drinking enough? It could be due to a few different things, like electrolyte loss or dehydration. I drank G2 for the immediate post-op period, so I didn't have those problems.

for the leg cramps I was told to stay on top of my Water intake.

well im drinking as much as i can. i think its lack of sodium but im calling tomorrow. maybe i should get some gatoraid

Please get checked out pain in the calves is a very big sign of blood clots in the legs.

Good point! I forgot about that. Are your legs hot or swelling anywhere?

And if its still happening, you should call now. Not wait till tomorrow.