Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Ponce De Leon Or Dr. Alejandro Lopez

Good morning,

I am a brand new newbie and a self payer going to Mexico. I have it narrowed down to two surgeons. Anyone out there have an experiences to share to help me decide. Unfortunatly this will be a lonely experience for me as my support group does not support my decision. Looking to sleeve in March while on Spring Break from college. I am a full time wife, mother, employee, and student!!!

Amanda Rae

I was sleeved in Mexico by Dr.Almanza 8-30-12.. I had a great experience and have no regrets at all.

I'm kind of in the same situation you are in! I tell my family how bad I want and need this, and they just laugh it off because it's in Mexico and tell me how crazy I am. Little do they know, I'm gonna do it! I would love their support, and I need it, but whether they give it to me or not I'm going through with it regardless. I'm looking at going in March as well. I haven't picked a surgeon yet. Which 2 are you debating on?

I just got sleeved on Friday 14th by Dr Ponce de Leon! I am sitting in my hospital room at INT waiting to go get my leak test and then I'm getting discharged! yay!!! I have had a GREAT experience and definitely recommend Dr Ponce and his coordinator Trish! I was VERY nauseated the first night but that is typical for me from anesthesia.. the other ladies here were totally fine and came to check on me LOL the nurses are AWESOME! they are so encouraging and were here around the clock with whatever meds I needed. I only needed pain meds the first night and haven't had any since! Anyway I'd be happy to answer questions, will be home on Monday and have a bunch of pics I'm going to share of my experience :)

I'm with nursgirl! Dr Ponce did my surgery 6/15/12! I'm doing great! Dr ponce, trish, and int were all wonderful! Plus, i have had to have a cat scan and upper endoscopy done since being home (not related to my VSG), and my sleeve looks great from the inside & out! :) I also am a full-time wife,mother,employee, and student-- you can do this! Good luck!

I'm leaning towards Dr ponce de leon. The reviews I have read are great. I've talked with, texted, and emailed with Trish. I am feeling more confident with my choice each day. I'd like to do it sooner...

I'm scheduled with dr Ponce on 9/27! Super excited. I've heard nothing but good things and trish has been wonderful!

I'm having my surgery with Dr. Lopez 9-21. He just moved to a new hospital, thought I was going to have my surgery in the old one. I'm super excited about going to Puerto Vallarta. I will definitely update you on my experience. I will have video updates on Youtube.

NWLA Im going to be sleeved in Puerto Vallarta on Oc 20 with Dr lopez, who did you go thru ?I'm going thru Alighter me. also what hospital is he at now? Good luck to you.

I was sleeved w/ dr. Ponce de leon, and I can confidently recommend him. Another thing is since you are going it alone you'll want someone like Trish around. She is a heaven sent, just ask anybody that has met her. She has a great way of putting you at ease, & is willing to bend over backwards to make sure your needs are met.

NWLA Im going to be sleeved in Puerto Vallarta on Oc 20 with Dr lopez, who did you go thru ?I'm going thru Alighter me. also what hospital is he at now? Good luck to you.

I'm using a Light Me too. If you look at their website you will see pics of a new hospital then pics of Cornerstone. They are using the new one. I notice that they had added to new pics so I e-mail Janese. I still need to contact Maria.

The time is going to go by so slow, sorry you still have a month to go. I booked the first part of August and time has started to stand still...

I agree with all dr. ponce's patients i was sleeved by him on May 3rd and i would and do recommend him to my family and friends. Trish is godsent.. she has your back and is so compassionate about the patients and will be there for you!! INT was such a nice cozy hospital loved the staff. I've done excellent and think this was the best decision i ever made!!