Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr Ariel Ortiz- November

Bos,

Our trips overlap. I have surgery on 12/6.

I was sleeved last year but didnt lose any weight. Dr Ortiz and Martinez think I had too much scar tissue from my previous band and that caused my sleeve to be too big (or something like that).

I am having a revision to my sleeve and it is no charge to me. You would never find that in the US!

Bos' date='

Our trips overlap. I have surgery on 12/6.

I was sleeved last year but didnt lose any weight. Dr Ortiz and Martinez think I had too much scar tissue from my previous band and that caused my sleeve to be too big (or something like that).

I am having a revision to my sleeve and it is no charge to me. You would never find that in the US![/quote']

No kidding! Well I am hoping the same goes for

Plication. That is what I am having and am nervous as h*ll about it being successful lol. Fingers crossed! For both of us!

Well the day is finally here. My husband and I flew into SanDiego today and have been here at the hotel this evening. FYI: the broth really is very good! We are to meet in the lobby at 6:40 in the morning to be picked up. I will let you all know how it goes later tomorrow!

Please let us know how you are feeling!! :)

What is Dr Ortiz's pre op diet? I dont recall and am having surgery in 2 weeks. I think I fell through the cracks because I am a sleeve-redo. Dr Miranda usually sends it out ahead of time with 2 options.

Hi all. Doing really well. Surgery was on Monday went well. Everyone is very friendly and answers any questions that you have. Released yesterday to come back to hotel. The hotel is very nice! broth is delicious. My husband and I walked up the hill to the Walmart yesterday. I was tired by time we got there but it was worth it. Kind of a little shopping center to look around at. Go to clinic for checkup today. Still sore especially around drain but even that is not too bad. Fluids going down well as long as I take small sips and don't try to rush it. 4 others had surgery same day and they all seem to be doing really good too. I think Dr Ariel Ortiz and his facility was a great decision for me. Will update more later.

Hi all. Doing really well. Surgery was on Monday went well. Everyone is very friendly and answers any questions that you have. Released yesterday to come back to hotel. The hotel is very nice! broth is delicious. My husband and I walked up the hill to the Walmart yesterday. I was tired by time we got there but it was worth it. Kind of a little shopping center to look around at. Go to clinic for checkup today. Still sore especially around drain but even that is not too bad. Fluids going down well as long as I take small sips and don't try to rush it. 4 others had surgery same day and they all seem to be doing really good too. I think Dr Ariel Ortiz and his facility was a great decision for me. Will update more later.

Good for you! Please do as I will be there on dec 3!

KS glad all went well and sounds like you are doing great.

Bayareaanan the diet is shakes 3 times a day for 9 days or 2 times a day with a diet dinner such as lean cuisine and green salads only for 14 days. No food the last 2 days and Clear Liquids. Then no food or drink the night before surgery.

I am planning on going to see Dr Ortiz around feb or the first of march is there anything I need to do now. I am 4lbs from my 5% weight loss they asked me to loose.

This is so awesome! Thank you soooo much for all of this info! I am scheduled 1-11 with Dr. Ortiz. I am so excited..I wish it was sooner...but still feel a bit overwhelmed and feel like I need this time to still "wrap my mind around" things.

This is a question my hubby has! What are the (if any) guest accommdations like in the hospital? He was wondering if the is a somewhat comfy place for him to sleep in the room with me? We are thinking like when you have a baby they have the chair that folds out into a kinda like bed??? Do they have something like that?

This is so awesome! Thank you soooo much for all of this info! I am scheduled 1-11 with Dr. Ortiz. I am so excited..I wish it was sooner...but still feel a bit overwhelmed and feel like I need this time to still "wrap my mind around" things.

This is a question my hubby has! What are the (if any) guest accommdations like in the hospital? He was wondering if the is a somewhat comfy place for him to sleep in the room with me? We are thinking like when you have a baby they have the chair that folds out into a kinda like bed??? Do they have something like that?

Hi Christyp...I am scheduled in Feb next year. I was told any companions will be shuttled to the hotel after "visiting hours" are over at the hospital. They will then be shuttled back the following morning. No overnite companions I guess! :( Please let me know if this changes cause my 21yr old daughter will be my traveling companion and I'm worried about her being by herself in a hotel room.

Very weird... I was told my husband could stay the night with me or if he wanted the hotel would be an additional $65 a night.

OCC pays for three nights including the night the patient is recovering...anything before and after is self-covered. I paid a rate of $47 per night. They shuttle your guest @4pm so you have time to recover. They do take great care of you and you always feel safe!

Ok...so here is the confusion...I feel pretty stupid right now! My Dr. is Dr. Jesús Elías Ortiz Gómez....Or Dr. Ortiz...Its a different Dr.

Hi Christy an astephenson

The shuttle will take you or guest back and forth to the hotel whenever you like during the day, my sister left at dinner via shuttle , she was hungry and wanted to eat at the hotel, their is no place for guests to sleep overnight. The clinic is locked up tight, so only the staff can get in. The room has a comfy chair but it is not a fold out bed.

No need to worry about the hotel, it is very safe and very nice. My sister came with me and stayed by herself at the hotel and even walked around the neighbourhood by herself during the day. The hotel has lots of staff and lots of security. We were not nervous at the hotel at all.

sorry didnt see your last post till I sent mine. Yup we have a different clinic. I am OCC as well Dr Ariel Ortiz and Dr Martinez.