Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm New And Just Getting Started

Hi everyone. So, I'm totally new. I only started hearing about VSG about a year ago and I currently have 3 friends who have had successful surgeries. One was done at Cornell Weill, and two others had theirs done at Overlook Hospital. I have been unbelievable impressed with their individual successes and it has encouraged me to take the same journey.

I am a complicated patient, however. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis, Osteo Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, only one kidney, and have had one support joint replaced. I am only 45 years old, but I still feel like there's hope if I can lose weight. Granted, it won't reverse my RA, but losing weight can only benefit my health, as I am 295 pounds and only 5'7" tall. I have been heavy my entire life and felt heavy even as a child. I come from a heavy family, although my Dad was always a relatively good weight and never obese, but carried an extra 20 pounds or so.

I have been following a lot of video bloggers on youtube and have seen surgeries via youtube... but you know, keeping it real is so important - knowing that i have to give up diet coke and coffee is making me nervous, but I also know that in the end nothing will feel better than losing this weight and being able to move more easily. My Rheumatologist is also advocating this surgery for me. I am considering Cornell in NYC, and Overlook in Summit, NJ. Any advice would be appreciated - I'm here and I'll be hanging out and communicating with folks!

Welcome!!!! I'm waiting to see if I'm cleared by my insurance company. I've been thru my 6 NUT visits, seen the surgeon and saw the psych doctor. Its a waiting game now.

Thank you for stopping by and for your message of welcome! I really hope your insurance company comes through for you!!! I have several friends that have had this surgery, and it really does seem like an answer to my prayers. I have hope for the first time in a long time!

:^)

Today I am confirming that I am getting vsg. Moving forward.

Good for you! I can't wait to hear your journey!

Welcome! I researched, researched, and researched while I was deciding, and even after I made my decision. I read success stories, I wrote alot about how I felt when I was trying to find clothes before my cruise, and yes, ate alot of ice cream and drank my favorite soda.

I wish you the best in your journey. Keep a positive attitude and you'll do great. :)

Welcome! I took have looked and read and is taking the steps to move forward!!! Good luck on your new journey....)

Welcome to you! and good luck! Keep in touch...

Good luck in your journey. I am still pre surgery. Getting thru step by step...waitin for my psych appointment then all we be submitted to my insurance for approval. This site has been a great source of support and information.

Good luck!

Hi everyone. So' date=' I'm totally new. I only started hearing about VSG about a year ago and I currently have 3 friends who have had successful surgeries. One was done at Cornell Weill, and two others had theirs done at Overlook Hospital. I have been unbelievable impressed with their individual successes and it has encouraged me to take the same journey.

I am a complicated patient, however. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis, Osteo Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, only one kidney, and have had one support joint replaced. I am only 45 years old, but I still feel like there's hope if I can lose weight. Granted, it won't reverse my RA, but losing weight can only benefit my health, as I am 295 pounds and only 5'7" tall. I have been heavy my entire life and felt heavy even as a child. I come from a heavy family, although my Dad was always a relatively good weight and never obese, but carried an extra 20 pounds or so.

I have been following a lot of video bloggers on youtube and have seen surgeries via youtube... but you know, keeping it real is so important - knowing that i have to give up diet coke and coffee is making me nervous, but I also know that in the end nothing will feel better than losing this weight and being able to move more easily. My Rheumatologist is also advocating this surgery for me. I am considering Cornell in NYC, and Overlook in Summit, NJ. Any advice would be appreciated - I'm here and I'll be hanging out and communicating with folks![/quote']

I wish you the best in your surgery process!:)

Your photo is gorgeous! Is it a professional photo? I really like it!