Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2006 Bandsters!

Yummy Mexican food! whatcha going to order Kayleesmom? do tell!

anyone know how to schedule a fill from Dr. Ortiz office? Do I just pick a day I want and book my flight? Just wondering. Thanks - Raynie!

Sorry raynie, can't help you there.

Threebeauties - no word yet, but I'll see if we can try and set up something informal before the holidays. I think it would be a perfect time to get together. We will need all the willpower we can get over the holidays! I am scheduled for my first fill the week after Thanksgiving. Perfect timing!

What are your thoughts on fills? I want to take the slow and steady approach. I'd rather have to add a little more than to take some out. I know now that I can stick to a 1200 calorie diet without a fill, and that is a big confidence booster. I'm curious if others have thought about how they want to approach fills?

hi everyone. i needed to chew something!i couldnt take it. So i had a peice f string hceese. I dont think its ever taken me so longt o eat a peice of cheese before in my life! but it was sooo nice to chew! I am trying to not do it again til thrusday when i can break into the baby food I bought but we'll see.

Hi you guys, I fell:faint: today. I have a Rottweiler and i was putting her on her 25' leash and i tripped over my own two feet. I'm okay just a couple of scratches on my leg and hands. I called the doctor (thank goodness dor cell phones) he said I’ll be okay, if I don’t have any pain on my incisions. but I have to do some of the breathing exercise like when I/we where at the hospital. :cry I hope everything is okay with all.

Chrispygal

Haven't had a fill yet but...........my feeling is same as yours. I keep reading about people who keep throwing up and have reflux really bad. I keep saying over and over that I want to eat like a normal, thin person. I will make healthy choices MOST of the time, sensible portions and kick up the activity level. I hate the thought of eating 3 tbls of something and not being able to eat more!!!

Before I had my band I called a couple of people who have been successfully living with their bands for close to a year. BOTH gave me an idea of their meals and they are all normal meals.

I am eating regular food at two weeks out. tonight was chili I made. I switched beef for ground turkey (can't tell the difference), doubled the amount of Beans and threw in a couple of cans of crushed tomoatos. All healthy.

I don't feel any different than I did before surgery which makes me a little nervous, no restriction AT ALL. I am interested to find out what a fill feels like!

I too am amazed at the differences in post op diets. I had 2 weeks of liquids (didn't have to be clear, just pass the straw test) and now have just begun adding mushies the last 2 days. So far I have been satisfied, and have only dealt a couple of times with "head hunger" and then I just found something to do like go walking. Even just 2 weeks post op, I am feeling so much better with a few pounds off, and I have already been able to stop my blood pressure meds. I hope my blood pressure will remain normal with out the meds. I just hate having to take medication. Best of luck to all the October Bandsters with you journey.

Chrispygal~

Well...you know what my thoughts are from my previous post about what happened to me this week when I got a fill...it was just too much too soon! I feel SO much better now that they took it out and it's just me and the band again. I am still eating SO much less than I was. Let me tell you, I was absolutely miserable that night after the fill...I am not kidding, I threw up SEVEN times, one of the times being in my hand while I was sleeping! I know that it a little TMI, but I want to share it with everyone so that you can all know that slow and steady is a good thing. The weight will come off! Think about it, we are all eating SO much healthier and being so much more conscientious than we were less than 2 months ago! We can do this!

I will be going in to try a fill again after Thanksgiving on the 29th. I am going to tell her to give me half of the 1cc I got this week and try that. Hopefully that should work well for me.

Good luck everyone and keep it up!

Hey has anyone heard from COTTIE? she was banded same day i was and she hasn't posted in a while. Hope everyone is having a great Saturday night :)

Well I need a fill, no doubt about it. I ate three small slices of pizza last night and i had no restriction at all. I have to call the dr this week to see what he says. All i know is i have gained 2lbs back...aarrrghh.

Hi everyone, just wanted to check in. I decided that Sundays would be my weigh in day and guess what? I've lost 11.2 pounds since surgery!! It's so exciting to see the scale move for once. :) I hope everyone is doing well!

I wanted to wish us all the BEST since we have at least lost a couple of pounds and that is one or more that we will never see again!!! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Hi everyone, I decieded to weigh in on Mondays, and I start back to work today with 29 lbs gone.I was banded on Oct 17. I feel so much better. As for the food, I am still on mushies, My diet lady said not to rush it, If I can. I am so scarred to eat anything after reading posts on here. LOL

Good Luck for everyone. Love hearing from everyone. Mary

I am currently on mushy/soft foods and following the diet plan from my nutriionist very closely. I'm afraid to PB. I have a friend who got a fill and she PBs on ice tea. I think she is going back for a unfill. At this point I have six small meals a day( TBsp. of lowfat peanutbutter & 1/2 banana) or maybe 2oz. cottage cheese with 2TBSP peaches). So far I lost 17.5 pounds but now I find myself looking at the clock and waiting for 2 1/2 hours to pass so I can eat again. Yes I am hungery in between meals. I go back to the doctor on Novemeber 28 (maybe a fill). But I too want slow and steady.

Hello All!

I have been so involved with a project due this week that I get up early and work until I fall back into bed at night. I am sorry I haven't kept up with the boards.

Chrispygal~

what happened to me this week when I got a fill...it was just too much too soon! I feel SO much better now that they took it out and it's just me and the band again. I was absolutely miserable that night after the fill...I am not kidding, I threw up SEVEN times

I will be going in to try a fill again after Thanksgiving on the 29th. I am going to tell her to give me half of the 1cc I got this week and try that.

I am so sorry to read you had trouble. How awful! I'm glad you reversed it right away. That is exactly what I am afraid will happen to me. I have set my first banding date for after New Years. I get motion sickness. I know I will need very little fill and many days until I no longer feel nauseous.

Since I started eating real food, the weight loss has slowed to about 2 pounds a week. Of course, all exercise has stopped recently because I am so busy. I am working the diet religiously. I hope the weight loss goes up again after this week when I am back to regular exercise.

It's amazing to me how much better I feel now than I did almost four weeks ago! I am eating less than I used to, and I am still losing weight. Woo-hoo!

Hang in there gang, we will all be in great shape.

Jess

Banded Oct. 6th

Dr. Ortiz

Tijuana

Start 250, surgery 235, today 222

weight.png

Yummy Mexican food! whatcha going to order Kayleesmom? do tell!

anyone know how to schedule a fill from Dr. Ortiz office? Do I just pick a day I want and book my flight? Just wondering. Thanks - Raynie!

Hi Raynie,

Just call them and schedule it. They have an 800 number.

Jess