Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2006 Bandsters!

Hi Everyone, It has been 2 wks today for my banding, am feeling great. My knees don't hurt anymore and actually everything feels great. I raked the yard yesterday too. I am finally starting to add soft foods, I dont see the surgeon till friday. The liquid stage was very hard too. But if I don't eat their products I am hungry. So still having some product. But here is my favorite for Breakfast, 1 container of cottage cheese, 1 package s f Jello I like lime and 1 container of f f cool whip, chill and its great. When you can have fruit add crushed pineapple. Low in calories too.

This site has been a life savor too. I read it all day long.

Good luck to all this week. Oh I have lost 24 lbs since the 2nd. yea Mary

HAPPY HALLOWEEN to you all.

Give me strenth!!!!!! I have three little ones at home who will be bringing home obscene amounts of candy tonite.

The only advice I can give (and hopefully follow) is to get the candy out of easy reach. I have a fridge in the basement where I will keep the big bowl of candy. When I allow the girls to have some, I send them down and let them each pick out a piece. Now, I did this last year and I think it cut way down on the amount I ate. This year, obviously, I have more incentive to stay away! If I eat one, I'm doomed:eek:

I wonder how full I would feel on a Reeses Cup?:heh:

Happy Halloween everyone!

i know i'm only supposed to be on full liquids but i had a couple small spoons of sugarfree applesause. i wanted to pretend i was eating some fruit. =)

Tomorrow is my 14th post-op day. I have lost 26 lbs. YAY! I have started mushies, but I would really love to have some ideas for mushy foods. Anyone got any good tips?

Be strong and stay away from candy tonight! I know you can do it!! :dance:

Just checking in :)

Banded on the 25th, back home on the 28th. Feeling fit, happy and healthy. I have lost 16lbs, my sis thinks they have gone off my organs, which really an encouraging view. If I can do that to my organs then I can do it to the rest of my body :(

I must say though, I have a very baggy seat in all my torusers, which does make me laugh. Of all the places to lose, I thought my butt would be the last to go, not the first! Although still enough padding there still!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN to you all.

Give me strenth!!!!!! I have three little ones at home who will be bringing home obscene amounts of candy tonite.

The only advice I can give (and hopefully follow) is to get the candy out of easy reach. I have a fridge in the basement where I will keep the big bowl of candy. When I allow the girls to have some, I send them down and let them each pick out a piece. Now, I did this last year and I think it cut way down on the amount I ate. This year, obviously, I have more incentive to stay away! If I eat one, I'm doomed:eek:

I wonder how full I would feel on a Reeses Cup?:heh:

:funnypost: OH MY I couldn't stop laughing :rofl:I had to lay down. for the first time in 10 years living at my house i will not pass out any candy. Temptation killed the cat and it might kill Eile too. no candy i told all the parents in the area and gave the ones i know little gift bags. I don't have any kids so i'll be okay.:clap2:

I suppose you could, BUT DO YOU REALLY WANT TO DO THAT? TOO MANY CALORIES! HOLD STRONG, YOU CAN RESIST! yOU ARE SMARTER AND MORE IMPORTANT THAN A SNICKERS BAR!!!!

:clap2: I'M APPLAUDING CAUSE I KNOW YOU CAN RESIST!

Anyone try to make a mushy out of a snickers:D ????

LOL thats great sounds good. yummy but i would like a TWIX maybe we should write to the companies and inform them that we are trying to lose weight and that we would like for at least the next year that they remove all candy from the store?? or if they could make one for "banders":hungry: i'm in line.

SPEAKING OF MUSHY... What could i have for dinner tonight? chicken and mashed potatoes? vegies? anyone. i'm fat but pickkkkkkkkkkky:rofl:

Hi! Just wanted to drop a line and let you know everything went very well with my Lap-Band Placement today. No problems at all. I arrived at 7am and was home by 11am. I slept for about 3+ hours and feel GREAT tonight. No pain at all. I am still on Clear Liquids until tomorrow and I go back tomorrow for an xray. My diet for the next 3 weeks is anything that can pass through a straw, then 3 weeks of soft foods, then regular. My DH is being a great nurse today, even though I don't need one01.gif I really appreciate your support and encouragement!

I am with you on NOT passing out candy tonight!

:funnypost: OH MY I couldn't stop laughing :rofl:I had to lay down. for the first time in 10 years living at my house i will not pass out any candy. Temptation killed the cat and it might kill Eile too. no candy i told all the parents in the area and gave the ones i know little gift bags. I don't have any kids so i'll be okay.:clap2:

Hi! Just wanted to drop a line and let you know everything went very well with my Lap-Band Placement today. No problems at all. I arrived at 7am and was home by 11am. I slept for about 3+ hours and feel GREAT tonight. No pain at all. I am still on Clear liquids until tomorrow and I go back tomorrow for an xray. My diet for the next 3 weeks is anything that can pass through a straw, then 3 weeks of soft foods, then regular. My DH is being a great nurse today, even though I don't need one01.gif I really appreciate your support and encouragement!

OMG!!! i could move the day of my surgery i just got up a couple of times to walk and to go tinkle. You guys are so strong. WoW I don't know how you guys could do it. This is my first surgery and I felt dead:notagree . I have no pain tolerance I was in the hospital monday, tuesday and went home on Wednesday after they gave me medication for the drive home, My cousin from vegas came to take care of from monday -thursday WOW you guys :first: :first: :first: :first: :first: :first: :first:

Hi all, I am now in my 5th day post band. I was banded on the 27th. So far am going ok. Hate this bloated feeling though! Am on 4 weeks of fluids and am managing fine with this so far. No hunger at all but prefer savoury liquids to sweet at the moment. Have no lost weight yet but am not in any hurry to do so, it will come off when its ready too. Thank you Goanna for your well wishes. Paul Dumbrell was my surgeon and had the op at Warringal In Melbourne. I have no complaints at all and can only say he has been nothing but wonderful for me. Am enjoying reading the posts in this October bandsters thread. They are all so relevant to the stage I am at. Thank you all..... and being a theatre nurse, I have a new respect for ppl undergoing laprascopic surgery. Dang that shoulder tip pain from trapped gas is wicked! Will do a ticker when I seesome movement.

LOve ya all Syl:girl_hug:

Day 6! Banded on the 26th. Well, I have had NO candy and am very proud of myself. I had my creamy Soup for supper and that was all I needed. Took the kids trick or treating. We had 10 inches of snow here in northern ND on monday and it was 12 degrees tonight so we did NOT do much walking about to trick or treat. Only a few houses and home we went. But the kids STILL got a lot...the people figure they won't have many so they just fisted candy into the kid's bags from their candy bowls. *ha*

Dressed up for work today in halloween costumes...large flowing black cape hid my swollen tummy. Tomorrow I actually need to dress up as usual...and not sure what I will wear. Hope something works. I feel terriffic though! Sweet mother in law made home made vegetable Soup for our family tonight.. I pureed mine up in a blender and it was WONDERFUL while the kids ate PIZZA! Never thought I would be fine with that...but I really was! I love my band and can not WAIT to be many many pds lighter and feel like a person again! No more scale draggin behind me.. (love that commercial)..and no more "inner voice" telling me continually that I need to lose weight. I just feel a huge "sigh of relief" after getting this all done and feeling so good. YAHOO!

Best wishes to everyone and love hearing from you all...epecially to all of you who had surgery about the same time that I did....we are on a roll now!!!!! *ha*...the big fat tire roll hanging on our mid section. *:nervous *

Catch ya all tomorrow!!!

I love coming in and reading and getting my lift for the day! You guys are all super!!! Thanks everyone!

3 days post op

post-204909-13813134247036_thumb.jpg