Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone Use Dr. Nusbaum In Nj?

Hi!

I also had my follow up appointment today:). I really hope you start feeling better soon. Hernia repair should stop bathering you very soon, practically every day now. What kind of Protein shakes are you taking? I like Premier Protein shake. What else is going on with you? Please keep us posted.

--

How ironic ATK!

Yes I've been using the chocolate premier Protein Shakes and GNC vanilla bean -- also tried Isopure vanilla powder mixed with skim milk that's ok

Nothing tastes amazing to me but I know I need them for energy and healing -- I'm not even depressed about not eating regular foods at this stage cause I know my Hernia would curse me out -- eventually I'll get there is my thought process now.

I just literally forced down almost 3 cups of Water in the past hour -- hernia hates me now but I have to do it according to our med staff -- I really dont want to end up in ER again

Apparently the nut says my hernia should be healed now at 25 days out but without the carafate solution rx I'm on now I doubt I would be able to get in 8oz in the hour -- I really don't think or feel like I'm healed hernia wise

How are you healing now? I remember you mentioned one of your incisions didn't look good to you. Mine are ok just been having some sharp pain around them but Joan says its normal so I won't worry -- I have hernia and energy issues on my mind anyway

Taking it One day at a time ....

Awwww, sip sip sip is all I can say. Maybe ice chips? I can only tell you what I read on here unfortunately :(.

I saw Carla last week on the the day of the snow storm. I live up in Blairstown, so it is an hours drive. Just made it home as the snow was really hitting, thank goodness they called me in earlier! That was visit 4 of 6, so almost there!

I go for my psch eval this Thursday, and the trans nasal endoscopy next week (15th). It is all coming together.

Now if my insurance company plays nice, I am looking at a March/April surgery date.

Keep me posted! I was thinking of you a lot and had to check up on you :)

--

Glad you made it to doc office and back home safely. I would not have gone out that day and I only live 5 minutes away from the office. Lol

So funny @if your insurance plays nice --- I had the same exact thoughts when I was going through the preop phase of appointments. Thinking I hope I'm not wasting my time coming and going and waiting only to find out I'm denied. Thankfully it all worked out pretty quickly too. Only 3 months. I'm thankful surgery went well but of course recovery is a totally different ball game.

So sweet of you to check up on me!

Can't wait until you are on the loser's bench. I'm actually down 25 pounds since surgery on dec12 so I'm thankful but just wish I had some great energy to go with it. I miss my spin classes.

Sandi,

I know it's very hard to get all fluids and Proteins, but please try your best.

I'm going pretty well. Skin adhesive came off my biggest incision. The other 3 are still intact. I have big scabs over incisions, but it doesn't really bothers me. I'm really scared to stretch my sleeve... I'm back to work as off Jan 1. Still very tired especially at the end of the day. My sleep cycle is still mixed up, but over all I can't complain. I can't say that weight is coming off very easily, but honestly I didn't start exercising regularly yet. I really have no regrets having it done and believe that gastric sleeve will change my life for better.

Work2do,

I'm very happy that your process is coming along and before you know you will be one of us:).

Actually, having a surgery in March/ April is very good. It would be easier to exercise ( walking). Also, after surgery I am always cold, so freezing weather is really getting to me.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask, I would love to answer it. Are you scared? Concerned? Worried? Ask!

Keep me updated on your progress.

Glad to hear things are going well ATK!

Oh yea forgot to mention that I'm always always cold too! You'll find several threads on that very topic. It seems to be a universal theme among post vsgErs.

Hello there! I had my surgery with Dr. Nusbaum in August! I love him and the whole staff.

Just a tip that got me through the liquid phase, I started adding PB2 to my chocolate Protein shakes (Carla gave the "OK"). It was delicious and kind of cut back on the sweetness (that I got sick of easily) fairly well. Also, really early out I bought those clear Isopure drinks, and drank an entire bottle throughout the work day. It has a very chalky aftertaste so I mixed about 3 oz. of ISO and 2 oz. of Water and drank one of those each hour. Water and Protein, 2 birds with one stone!

I'm down 81 pounds since surgery and am almost 5 months out (5 mo. will be 1/15).

You both sound like you're doing fantastic! That early post-op stage is a distant memory (I swear I don't even remember it) so keep trucking along!

Hello Mkak!

So nice to hear from a veteran! How are you doing now? Your wt loss results are fenaminal! How much wt did you lose in 1st, 2nd months? Did you have any stalls? I've read that about 6 months after the surgery a lot of people admit having much less sleeve resistance. And most important question for me: did you had food cravings before the surgery? And if yes, did it come back?

Sorry for bombarding with so many questions. Each surgeon has his own stile and a lot of post op symptoms may be same for us.

I would really appreciate your answers. Thanks in advance!

Hello there! I had my surgery with Dr. Nusbaum in August! I love him and the whole staff.

Just a tip that got me through the liquid phase, I started adding PB2 to my chocolate Protein shakes (Carla gave the "OK"). It was delicious and kind of cut back on the sweetness (that I got sick of easily) fairly well. Also, really early out I bought those clear Isopure drinks, and drank an entire bottle throughout the work day. It has a very chalky aftertaste so I mixed about 3 oz. of ISO and 2 oz. of Water and drank one of those each hour. Water and Protein, 2 birds with one stone!

I'm down 81 pounds since surgery and am almost 5 months out (5 mo. will be 1/15).

You both sound like you're doing fantastic! That early post-op stage is a distant memory (I swear I don't even remember it) so keep trucking along!

---

Hi there!

Thanks for the suggestions but I honestly find those isopure drinks repulsing even watered down -- I prefer their powder mixes. I'm returning the unopened bottles back to Vitamin shoppe tomorrow. I was hoping those clear drinks were the answer to my prayers for more protein

Carla wants me to try the sunkist bullets - 42g protein in 3oz liquid ... I've read that most ppl don't like them but she insists I try it out or else I may end up back in ER

I'm doing mostly chocolate premier with Decaf coffee or skim milk and GNC lean vanilla mixed with FAGE Greek yogurt and banana baby food

Congrats on your weightloss - how much more do you want to lose? 81 in 5 months is amazing --- I'm down about 25 pounds in 25 days but I'm really weak and tired most of the day

Trying hard to up my fluids -- managed a little over 7 cups of water today despite my hernia repair fighting back at me -- if you didn't already realize from prior posts that's been my biggest challenge: recovering from this hernia repair .. So draining

I believe it will get better with time

Good to hear from both of you! I do intend to keep in touch with both of you. I doubt I can be very helpful, but I will be as supportive as possible. I am a good listener anyway lol! Keep in touch!

Hello Mkak! So nice to hear from a veteran! How are you doing now? Your wt loss results are fenaminal! How much wt did you lose in 1st, 2nd months? Did you have any stalls? I've read that about 6 months after the surgery a lot of people admit having much less sleeve resistance. And most important question for me: did you had food cravings before the surgery? And if yes, did it come back? Sorry for bombarding with so many questions. Each surgeon has his own stile and a lot of post op symptoms may be same for us. I would really appreciate your answers. Thanks in advance!

Good morning!

I definitely wouldn't put me under veteran status yet LOL! I am doing really well! I don't have my iPad with me for exact amounts in the first 2 months but I'll provide the breakdown later on tonight when I get home. I am very fortunate in that I didn't have any stalls. I had weeks where I didn't lose or even gained a pound, but it was ALL attributed to poor eating choices and not following the plan (I struggle terribly on the weekends when I am away from home). I definitely think I am one of the lucky (er, probably unlucky) ones with a sleeve of steel and I can put away a lot more food than what I see others post. Because of that I weigh and measure about 85% of what goes into my mouth. I'm almost always satiated with what I weigh out, so I'm usually not hungry.

Prior to surgery I was a terrible binge eater and would crave mainly carbs. After the surgery it probably took me a good 3 months before I even craved anything. And even then it wasn't nearly as bad as pre-op. I will always have to be very careful with carbs, as they are a very slippery slope for me. If I start them I just crave more and more. So I've decided to cut out simple carbs completely. I think once you detox off all that junk it makes the cravings almost nonexistent. Just my experience.

I attribute a lot of my success to exercise. I went all out the day they gave me the OK. I'm also a huge advocate of working out in the mornings (if your schedule permits of course) because it sets the stage for your entire day. I want to stay on track with my food because I just spent an hour in the gym killing myself. Don't want to waste all that hard work!

A few other things that helped tremendously:

100+ oz. of Water daily

80+ g. Protein daily

Tracking on Fat Secret (another type of MFP thing)

Wearing my Nike FuelBand (similar to a FitBit) and always reaching my goal even if that meant push-ups at midnight or taking my dog for a walk in the bitter cold!

Whew, sorry for the novel but I think that sums it up!

--- Hi there! Thanks for the suggestions but I honestly find those Isopure drinks repulsing even watered down -- I prefer their powder mixes. I'm returning the unopened bottles back to Vitamin shoppe tomorrow. I was hoping those clear drinks were the answer to my prayers for more Protein Carla wants me to try the sunkist bullets - 42g Protein in 3oz liquid ... I've read that most ppl don't like them but she insists I try it out or else I may end up back in ER I'm doing mostly chocolate premier with Decaf coffee or skim milk and GNC lean vanilla mixed with FAGE Greek yogurt and banana baby food Congrats on your weightloss - how much more do you want to lose? 81 in 5 months is amazing --- I'm down about 25 pounds in 25 days but I'm really weak and tired most of the day Trying hard to up my fluids -- managed a little over 7 cups of Water today despite my hernia repair fighting back at me -- if you didn't already realize from prior posts that's been my biggest challenge: recovering from this hernia repair .. So draining I believe it will get better with time

I know, those drinks are repulsive and I can't even look at them when I go into GNC. I literally had to give myself a pep talk every hour and set goals (like by 10 I have have 1/3 of this cup down, etc.). It felt like a full time job haha.

I've never tried the bullets, but anything to keep you out of the hospital is worth trying! Seriously, just completely remove yourself from the situation and zone out and just drink. I promise in 2 weeks you'll be back to normal and this phase will be a distant memory.

My goal weight is 165, so I have about 40 pounds to go. It's still hard for me to wrap my head around the fact that I'm going to lose almost 125 pounds. And I didn't think I was that big LOL!

25 pounds is awesome! Keep up with the program and push the liquids an protein and you will be unbelievably successful!

I know, those drinks are repulsive and I can't even look at them when I go into GNC. I literally had to give myself a pep talk every hour and set goals (like by 10 I have have 1/3 of this cup down, etc.). It felt like a full time job haha.

I've never tried the bullets, but anything to keep you out of the hospital is worth trying! Seriously, just completely remove yourself from the situation and zone out and just drink. I promise in 2 weeks you'll be back to normal and this phase will be a distant memory.

My goal weight is 165, so I have about 40 pounds to go. It's still hard for me to wrap my head around the fact that I'm going to lose almost 125 pounds. And I didn't think I was that big LOL!

25 pounds is awesome! Keep up with the program and push the liquids an Protein and you will be unbelievably successful!

Hi Mk!

We have the same goal weight of 165. I'm 5'7" so I think that would be healthy. Dr nusbaum believes i can reach the 150s but i think that may be a bit low for my frame. I'm at 210.4 now. Hoping I can reach goal by end of summer. I love taking spin classes but no energy for that at the moment -hopefully in a few weeks as you say. I will begin a walking routine as soon as I head back to work in the next couple weeks energy permitting.

Your commitment to fitness and healthier living is very admirable!

Stay warm everyone!!

I'm so excited I had to post, lol..

I managed to get in 70 grams of Protein today and boy was it not easy!!! I guess my doc visit yesterday really drilled the message in, lol

That really is cause for celebration for me cause even tho I'll be 4 weeks out on Thursday I'm certain my average daily Protein intake has been around 30-35g which is pretty bad not to mention my average of 3-4 cups of Water each day .... I'm working on getting up to 6 cups of Water before the night is over, yesterday i got in 7 cups. I'm just stoked that I managed to get that much protein in within the day! I had more energy today too go figure! I'm alternating protein Isopure powder shakes, GNC vanilla and costco premier chocolate (Breakfast lunch and dinner)

I truly don't want to end up back in the ER or have too much hair and muscle loss simply because I'm not complying.

Hope everyone is staying on track and keeping warm!!!