Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Under 180Lbs And Getting Sleeved, Anyone Else?

Do it if you can and don't let anyone tell you not to. I weighed 176 and had it done. It was the best thing I could've ever done. No regrets. I was self pay and had it done in Mexico. I weigh 142 currently but am pretty much all muscle. I do the insanity workout and am probably in the best shape of my life. I wear a size 8, could wear a 6 at times. I love it.

x

Edited by woo_woo

I was in the 180s...gained 25 lbs to qualify for surgery! I was miserable by the end on the gain! I had HBP, HChol, insulin resistance, depression, and thyroid issues. I felt it was worth it yo gain the weight to qualify. It was! I am now 160..25 from goal!

I am 189 stated T 192.i started my pro-op diet on Tuesday.I am 5 ft short.vertically challenged;0). i know that this will be slow to come off but I pray it is the last time that I have to diet. October 21st cannot come to soon. good luck to all..

I was obese at 159.9 and had it 115 now

:)

Edited by woo_woo

x

Edited by woo_woo

I am 37 and have had those issues for 15 yrs...I could never lose below 176...it was my number. I also havr PCOS, which made those conditions worse and the weight harder to lose. I had been as high as 232 in my life but mosyly stayed around 185-195...so at the time of my decision yo live rather than die..I weighed 185. I gained up to 210 or so...it yook me two months. ..I ate and ate and ate. Now I am healthier...off of insulin meds, cholesterol meds, depression meds, cut back on thyroid and am working on blood pressure. I feel great!

x

Edited by woo_woo

If you look at it like 5-8,000 will buy a used car and you finance it, finance your LIFE!. A friend paid $25,000 cash in Georgia 8 years ago and has added years to his life, avoiding diabetes, HBP, etc. that will compromise your health as you age being overweight. I know a 30ish couple who borrowed money to finance the husband's surgery in Florida, for the sake of their marriage and their children. She does not regret that decision.

My husband and I started going to forums about 10 years ago for his weight loss options, and 10 years later, after much soul searching, dieting and both of us gaining, health getting worse and worse, we both now qualify for the surgery. I am now on Metformin for diabetes, have asthma that limits my activities, a knee replacement, etc., and I am glad we can do this together. We are 66 and 67. His low blood sugar of 28, me waking to find him unconscious last week and having Rescue take him to the hospital, tells me this surgery will save his life and give us a future. God Bless.

I was in the 180s...gained 25 lbs to qualify for surgery! I was miserable by the end on the gain! I had HBP, HChol, insulin resistance, depression, and thyroid issues. I felt it was worth it yo gain the weight to qualify. It was! I am now 160..25 from goal!

Are you loosing weight with thyroid and vertical sleeve? I don't have a thyroid, had cancer and removed it.

Are you loosing weight with thyroid and vertical sleeve? I don't have a thyroid' date=' had cancer and removed it.[/quote']

Yes! 48 lbs in 15 weeks! I think rhats great from where I started!

I hope I am that lucky

I have 40 to loose all together