Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Beef Jerky

I just eat a little bit. Maybe an ounce every other week

bsmith

thanx for the reply

but i don't think your my best friend anymore :(

i was hoping you would say i could eat as much Jerky as i wanted, whenever i wanted :(

don't worry bsmith, i still luv ya ;)

I didn't say you couldn't eat as much as you wanted...I just wouldn't recommend it, lol! I have to watch myself when I buy Jacks Links carne seca jerky...I can eat the entire bag in no time flat and then I retain Water like no bodies business!!!

I eat Jerky a couple of times a day! An ounce or two at a time! That's the only snack I have besides cottage cheese or ham and cheese rolled up. I allow myself two Snacks a day but I am 8 months out now. It's much better than eating junk food or crap in my humble opinion :-)

I eat Jerky a couple of times a day! An ounce or two at a time! That's the only snack I have besides cottage cheese or ham and cheese rolled up. I allow myself two Snacks a day but I am 8 months out now. It's much better than eating junk food or crap in my humble opinion :-)

Definitely over crap. Want to make it count.

Here is a link for real meat eaters, not sweet or soft they do have a few flavors, I like the original and the Jalapeno. I buy the bits and pieces and sticks. This is a soy sauce based the flavor is great let it sit in your mouth for 30 seconds before chewing so it will absorb some moisture. You really get a blast of flavor when you get to the middle. They don't do wild game like the other link I posted hope you like and will enjoy. Also no MSG.

http://rileysjerky.com/

ERMAHGERDDD I LOVE BEEF Jerky.

I'm pre-op. and I'm so happy this is something I can still enjoy a few short months out from surgery. I love that it takes so long to chew and all that Protein fills me up NOW at pre-op, so I can only imagine how little I'll need post-op! Woo!

Word of caution - too much beef jerky = Constipation. I found this out in the worst possible way!

AND! For those of you Jack Link's lovers - I am also a fan of their original jerky. I've tried both target pantry brand and Walmart great value brand original jerky, and it's comparable. The walmart variety had some bits of fat that I didn't care for, but if you don't mind picking some parts off, then it's worth the savings. I haven't tried Trader Joe's jerky, but I'm definitely interested now! I'll have to check that out soon.

Nothing beats the jerky I get from the local meat market by my grandma's house in Wisconsin, tho!! I wish they shipped!!

Beef Jerky makes me smile.

I dare not eat Jerky any more. I was working over a particularly tough piece when it pulled out my front crown. I was at Cocoa Beach at the time and nearly lost it in the Atlantic Ocean. I brought it back and a dentist glued it back in. Sorry about the face, here, I'm always working for laughs out of my granddaughters. :rolleyes:

post-44732-13838396548426_thumb.jpg

post-20464-13813660689632_thumb.jpg

I dare not eat Jerky any more. I was working over a particularly tough piece when it pulled out my front crown. I was at Cocoa Beach at the time and nearly lost it in the Atlantic Ocean. I brought it back and a dentist glued it back in. Sorry about the face' date=' here, I'm always working for laughs out of my granddaughters. :rolleyes:

[/quote']

Rotflmao I have the same tooth crowned.

I tried beef jerky today and yeah not for me :0 .

Ostrim is the GREATEST!

Beef and ostrich. Very low fat and you get a lot for the number of calories in a serving.

I discovered it when I was in smoothie King getting a Gladiator.

http://www.protos-inc.com/

I love the Turkey Perky Jerky. Comes in a gold bag and I buy it at Walmart. 1 oz is only 50 calories, 0 fat, 2 carb, 9 Protein, 2 sugars.

My favorite snack. I have been eating an ounce a day.

I buy mine at costco. They have a brand called Pacifc Gold that is a bag of individual bags. they are 1.25 each and have 14g Protein. I have one every afternoon and take one with me in the car when I know I am going to be out running errands cuz I can snack on it as I drive. Wasn't allowed to have it until 12 weeks when i was allowed steak.

The Tennessee Jerky is my favorite. I am from Louisiana and I love the Cajun flavor. Also the barbq and Bloody Mary flavors.