Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Only 2 Appointments Left!

Just went to the sleep disorder doctor and even though I have no trouble sleeping he want me to do an overnight sleep test next available appointment is Sept 27 :( I am on stand in if someone cancels. I had hoped I would get the surgery by then. Keeping fingers crossed someone will cancel' date=' their loss my gain lol[/quote']

Keeping my fingers crossed for you getting in sooner. When I went to the sleep dr to get cleared, he asked if I had trouble sleeping and I said yes and pointed to my two kids who were with me. (3 & 5). He just laughed and cleared me. Wonder why some drs make you jump through the hoop unnecessarily? Got my cardiac clearance too with one short appt. good luck!

Hi Lady Bug! I used to live in Madison' date=' moved to stamford last year. My little girl attended magnet school for pre k in New Haven. i used to be the director of Nursing at The Hill Health Center. nice to meet you! Good luck to us!!!

Hello...Im also from NEW HAVEN. Im so excited to read all of your post n comments because it brings me hope that I too can get approved n get it done. just waiting on that call. Im so nervous

Hello...Im also from NEW HAVEN. Im so excited to read all of your post n comments because it brings me hope that I too can get approved n get it done. just waiting on that call. Im so nervous

Hey there "dat"! I moved back to Madison (couldn't stay away from my sleepy small town). Much closer to NH. I have some fellow friend sleevers in west haven and new haven, welcome to our group. In box me and we can chat on the experience. I hope to get together with some other locals at Planet Fitness. Are you having it done at yale? Wishing you much lick

Hey there "dat"! I moved back to Madison (couldn't stay away from my sleepy small town). Much closer to NH. I have some fellow friend sleevers in west haven and new haven' date=' welcome to our group. In box me and we can chat on the experience. I hope to get together with some other locals at Planet Fitness. Are you having it done at yale? Wishing you much lick[/quote']

Awww thank you so much. I truly hope this all turns out goof for me. Im currently being seen in MIDSTATE hospital. I have husky a and Im just waiting on the call telling me if Im approved or not.

I am so new to this site. I want to create my own post but can't figure it out. Im just glad this site has people like you and I on here to discuss the process and to keep one another informed. :-)

Im 25 ...weighing at 220 with high cholesterol and sleep apnea. Did you suffer from any of these issues?

Yessssss Omg how did you know? did you get yours done by him?

Yes he is my surgeon also! Love him!! I was sleeved aug 14th and I am down 60lbs now. When I finish nursing school in October he is also going to remove my adrenal gland because I have a non cancerous tumor. He is wonderful!!! The brought me into the OR at 730am and he called my mom at 9am to tell her I was fine! I had no issues and started school full time 2 weeks later

Awww thank you so much. I truly hope this all turns out goof for me. Im currently being seen in MIDSTATE hospital. I have husky a and Im just waiting on the call telling me if Im approved or not.

I am so new to this site. I want to create my own post but can't figure it out. Im just glad this site has people like you and I on here to discuss the process and to keep one another informed. :-)

Im 25 ...weighing at 220 with high cholesterol and sleep apnea. Did you suffer from any of these issues?

I am 54, at 5'7" and 240 I was less than 40 BMI, but HAD hypertension. My mom has pretty bad hypertension, so I opted to have the surgery. I know someone in west haven who has husky A and went through midstate.. She did great. I think approval is actually faster than some private insurances. i am sure it will be approved!

Done Did It!

Shoot!, Dat, you met luvbug, same doc and everything! This site has it's perks

Done Did It!

I am 54' date=' at 5'7" and 240 I was less than 40 BMI, but HAD hypertension. My mom has pretty bad hypertension, so I opted to have the surgery. I know someone in west haven who has husky A and went through midstate.. She did great. I think approval is actually faster than some private insurances. i am sure it will be approved!

Done Did It![/quote']

Omg...such a small world. He gets my reason behind getting this surgery done. one of the surgeons asst told me I have to wait until all my medical clearances come through so that i can then discuss a surgery date.....but i have yet to loose all the weight he wants me to loose before surgery. Im excited and nervous all at the same time. i look at YouTube videos to try and educate myself....I can't wait to be on the other side of this process...sleeved!

About your weight....you go girl!!! Im sure this has been such a life changing experience for you. i currently don't have the energy to run with my child...play or do fun things. Hes been my motivation all along. He was diagnosed with cancer since the age of one....n he's finally beat it. His ability to be strong has motivated me to also not give up on myself and do this for him so that i can see him grow.

God bless your little son! Happy to hear another child has beat that awful disease. Clearances go quick, i know with Husky it is hard to get quick appointments, but be patient it will be quicker than you think. Keep in touch

I am 54' date=' at 5'7" and 240 I was less than 40 BMI, but HAD hypertension. My mom has pretty bad hypertension, so I opted to have the surgery. I know someone in west haven who has husky A and went through midstate.. She did great. I think approval is actually faster than some private insurances. i am sure it will be approved!

Done Did It![/quote']

That's me in west haven (Shannon) right?

Omg...such a small world. He gets my reason behind getting this surgery done. one of the surgeons asst told me I have to wait until all my medical clearances come through so that i can then discuss a surgery date.....but i have yet to loose all the weight he wants me to loose before surgery. Im excited and nervous all at the same time. i look at YouTube videos to try and educate myself....I can't wait to be on the other side of this process...sleeved!

About your weight....you go girl!!! Im sure this has been such a life changing experience for you. i currently don't have the energy to run with my child...play or do fun things. Hes been my motivation all along. He was diagnosed with cancer since the age of one....n he's finally beat it. His ability to be strong has motivated me to also not give up on myself and do this for him so that i can see him grow.

When I started with Dr B they would give surgery dates out ahead of time. They changed that because sometimes things would back up. I didn't really lose any weight when I started the process. I was 270 at the first apt and 265 the day of surgery. I started in aug 2011. In December I didn't know if I really wanted to have the surgery. So I missed some apts. in February I decided I need to do it for myself and my kids! I should of had the surgery the first week of June last week of may but they found the tumor. Only delay was finding an endo to clear me that took husky. Had surgery aug 14 2012. Best thing I have ever done!!! I feel great!!

Once Kelly told me they submitted to the insurance I waited a week and called husky myself. They told me I was approved for the 14th. I then called Michelle and she told me they put a ghost date in and to start my diet.

When I started with Dr B they would give surgery dates out ahead of time. They changed that because sometimes things would back up. I didn't really lose any weight when I started the process. I was 270 at the first apt and 265 the day of surgery. I started in aug 2011. In December I didn't know if I really wanted to have the surgery. So I missed some apts. in February I decided I need to do it for myself and my kids! I should of had the surgery the first week of June last week of may but they found the tumor. Only delay was finding an endo to clear me that took husky. Had surgery aug 14 2012. Best thing I have ever done!!! I feel great!!

Once Kelly told me they submitted to the insurance I waited a week and called husky myself. They told me I was approved for the 14th. I then called Michelle and she told me they put a ghost date in and to start my diet.

wow .. its great to hear that your happy with your procedure. Im excited and nervous. I hope this authorization comes through for me. i really want husky to approve me. I also speak to Kelly and she told me that husky tends to authorize surgeries. I hope its the same case with me. With HUSKY...did you go through your required six month supervised weight loss journey. I started this process in November....and I already finished everything ...its been only 3 months. last time Dr. B said that he was going to push for the insurance to approve me before the 6 months.