Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My First Rollercoaster Ride In About 18 Years...

Well here I am, and I'm one month shy of 2 years post op. I'm STILL enjoying life and I'm STILL having NSV's this far out. I'm on top of the world and I'm happier than I've ever been in my life.

Just a little history so anyone can realize how big a deal this is... I was kicked off a roller coaster when I was about 20 years old because I was too fat to get the lock to latch. I've always been a thrill ride seeker and there are only but a few I won't dare get on (one being the Ferris Wheel if you can believe it, but that's another story entirely haha!!) Anyhow, all this time I'd never tried to get on another.

I don't know if any of you have ever felt the humiliation of being kicked off a ride because you can't fit in it. I have, and it ain't a good feeling!! It was a busy day too, and just thank goodness all my friends happened to get on the train just before mine so I didn't have the embarrassement of people I knew to watch that happen to me. I never wanted to feel that again so I avoided roller coasters for a LOOOONG time until I knew for absolute sure I'd fit on any which one I chose to get on.

Well, yesterday Hubby and I went to Discovery Kingdom here in California. It was such a fantastic day!! I fitted on every single roller coaster and ride I got on with LOTS of room to spare. My hubby even became worried as he said I was flying all over the place in them. I said yeah because I had so much extra room in it, but I was fine... haha :) I loved it!!

Well everyone, I'm just here to tell you, if you keep working the magic of the sleeve, it will keep working it's magic for you. Many blessings!!

This is great!!! I can't wait.

And BTW I completely feel ya on the Ferris Wheel. I am deathly afraid of heights. But I am such an adrenaline junky that I will face that fear for the rush. The wheel has no rush, just fear. At least that's why I won't ride it.

You go girl!!!

This is AWESOME!! I'm so happy for you! :)

I can't wait until I can write a similar post.

Besides being embarrassed by not fitting in a roller coaster, I actually went car shopping and couldn't strap on a seat belt in one car and barely fit behind the wheel in another. TALK ABOUT EMBARRASSING. I feel your pain!! that said, I'm super jealous you got to take those rides. ;) when I was a kid, I used to absolutely LOVE roller coasters!

such an inspiration that you're still having nsv's 2 years later. that's so awesome!!

You look amazing! I can't wait to look like that one day. Thanks for the update!

P.S. Yes, I have been kicked off and if was the most humiliating thing that has ever happened to me. I've avoided amusement parks since.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Theweightisover2024🙌💪

Question for anyone, how did you get your mind right before surgery? Like as far as eating better foods and just doing better in general? I'm having a really hard time with this. Any help is appreciated 🙏❤️
      · 2 replies
      1. NickelChip

I had about 6 months between deciding to do surgery and getting scheduled. I came across the book The Pound of Cure by Dr. Matthew Weiner, a bariatric surgeon in Arizona, and started to implement some of the changes he recommended (and lost 13 lbs in the process without ever feeling deprived). The book is very simple, and the focus is on whole, plant based foods, but within reason. It's not an all or nothing approach, or going vegan or something, but focuses on improvement and aiming for getting it right 80-90% of the time. His suggestions are divided into 12 sections that you can tackle over time, perhaps one per month for a year if a person is just trying to improve nutrition and build good habits. They range from things like cutting out artificial sweetener or eating more beans to eating a pound of vegetables per day. I found it really effective pre-surgery and it's an eating style I will be working to get back to as I am further out from surgery and have more capacity. Small changes you can sustain will do the most for building good habits for life.

2. Theweightisover2024🙌💪

That sounds awesome. I'll have to check that out thanks!

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches