Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Poll - Are You Attracted To Overweight People?

What turns you on?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. What turns you on?

• I don't care how overweight my significant other (MSO) is, other virtues are what turn me on.
    • Fat turns me ON! The bigger the better.
    • Within reason MSO's weight isn't an issue for me.
    • I'm overweight, but I expect MSO to be only slightly overweight or thinner.
    • I won't settle for anything less than perfection. I am only attracted to model types.

I always see my weight as something negative so I can not help seeing other people in that way. So you could say I am not attracted to women who are overweight.

As time goes by I am realizing that it is not so much that the women are overweight it is the fact that many women don't care that they are over weight. But in recent months in dealing with my band I have met many women who are over weight that have the same outlook about their health as I do - they want a change. So maybe it is the unhealthy outlook these women have that turns me off and not so much the weight. Unfortunately, the weight is the first thing I see. My outlook is changing about myself so who knows what will happen. I guess when you begin to like yourself you find it much easier to like others.

I always see my weight as something negative so I can not help seeing other people in that way. So you could say I am not attracted to women who are overweight.

As time goes by I am realizing that it is not so much that the women are overweight it is the fact that many women don't care that they are over weight. But in recent months in dealing with my band I have met many women who are over weight that have the same outlook about their health as I do - they want a change. So maybe it is the unhealthy outlook these women have that turns me off and not so much the weight. Unfortunately, the weight is the first thing I see. My outlook is changing about myself so who knows what will happen. I guess when you begin to like yourself you find it much easier to like others.

I am inclined to disagree with you that those women that you mention don't care that they are overweight. I suspect that they figure that because there isn't a lot that they can do about it they may as well try to accept themselves as they are. This would mean, among other things, that they don't talk to others about their weight issues and that they may have come to understand that the yo-yo-ing effect of dieting and then gaining back the weight which they have lost is not only not working but is also destructive emotionally and physically. The truth is that no one is happy being fat.

I agree green, NOONE likes being fat, even if they tell you they do!! Most people are at a loss, like green said also, as to what to do with their weight so they don't do anything. Its a sad world but one that I am much happier in getting skinny and in shape. I think it is the getting into shape part that is better that just losing weight. I can feel muscles and SEE muscles and that is a big turn on to me, seeing muscles!!!

I had a strange experience happen to me this weekend. I went up north in order to spend time with my in-laws at their cottage this past holiday - Canada Day, eh - weekend. As it happens, the folks who live next door to my in-laws spotted me loitering on the family compound.

It seems that the husband commented to his wife that she should view the new Green, a half a woman, he claimed.... And so he and his wife eventually came scrambling over in order to examine the newly reduced Green.

green, how did that make you feel? Good or like an animal in a zoo? I don't like for people to look at me or especially to make comments about me so I have a feeling I'd better practice taking compliments graciously before I'm banded.

Back on topic, I like big, chunky, tall, burly men. That's what I've always been attracted to all of my life. However, my boyfriend is 5'5" (I'm 5'7") and he is thin. Not skinny, he's built great actually, muscular without an ounce of fat on his body.

My boyfriend has always been attracted to tiny little petite women. I am 5'7" and weigh 330 whopping pounds. We met online so we had the advantage of becoming irresistible to one another before we could be thrown off by our looks. =)

We have dated blissfully for five years and while I go through lots of periods of self loathing because I am so big and he is so normal (especially when we are out in public and I get that "What the hell is he doing with her?" look. I know you all know the look I mean.) I try to remind myself that Hey, I might be fat and not be his idea of the perfect physical specimen, but I wouldn't have special ordered his body type out of a catalog either. Thank GOD we didn't put each other in boxes based on our physical appearances only.

Funny thing, I recently found a list of things I wanted in a man that I had written when I was in my early 20's. My amazing boyfriend met every single one of the criteria except (At least 6 feet tall.) See what I would have missed if I'd been too picky? I dare say that I probably meet all of his dream woman criteria too, except for the height and weight wishes. =)

This week I told him, "You'll be so glad that you stayed with me all these years after I lose my weight and you'll have a beautiful girlfriend." He said, "I already have a beautiful girlfriend and don't you forget it." God, I love that man.

*end of rambling* =)

green, how did that make you feel? Good or like an animal in a zoo? I don't like for people to look at me or especially to make comments about me so I have a feeling I'd better practice taking compliments graciously before I'm banded.

Back on topic, I like big, chunky, tall, burly men. That's what I've always been attracted to all of my life. However, my boyfriend is 5'5" (I'm 5'7") and he is thin. Not skinny, he's built great actually, muscular without an ounce of fat on his body.

My boyfriend has always been attracted to tiny little petite women. I am 5'7" and weigh 330 whopping pounds. We met online so we had the advantage of becoming irresistible to one another before we could be thrown off by our looks. =)

We have dated blissfully for five years and while I go through lots of periods of self loathing because I am so big and he is so normal (especially when we are out in public and I get that "What the hell is he doing with her?" look. I know you all know the look I mean.) I try to remind myself that Hey, I might be fat and not be his idea of the perfect physical specimen, but I wouldn't have special ordered his body type out of a catalog either. Thank GOD we didn't put each other in boxes based on our physical appearances only.

Funny thing, I recently found a list of things I wanted in a man that I had written when I was in my early 20's. My amazing boyfriend met every single one of the criteria except (At least 6 feet tall.) See what I would have missed if I'd been too picky? I dare say that I probably meet all of his dream woman criteria too, except for the height and weight wishes. =)

This week I told him, "You'll be so glad that you stayed with me all these years after I lose my weight and you'll have a beautiful girlfriend." He said, "I already have a beautiful girlfriend and don't you forget it." God, I love that man.

*end of rambling* =)

Gibson, seeing the effect that my weight loss had had on the folks who live in the next cottage to my in-laws was definitely a strange experience for me. It was an affirmation that the band was working and that I successfully lost a lot of weight and that was a good thing. You see, I tend to still think of myself as being more or less the same size as I was. I still think of myself as a big grrl. At that same time I hadn't realized that people had been noticing that I was fat. B) I thought that they had always been seeing the essential Green and not paying any attention to the outside envelope. I guess this was dumb on my part. Duh!!! :)

By the way, your boyfriend sounds like a honey and very much like my husband, a goodlookin' guy who has always found me gorgeous. :Banane10:

By the way, your boyfriend sounds like a honey and very much like my husband, a goodlookin' guy who has always found me gorgeous. :)

We are blessed. :eyebrows::clap2:

I'm glad you felt OK about the neighbors' comments. I obviously haven't lost weight yet, but I got a haircut a couple of years ago and it seemed like strangers on the street were saying, "Oh my god, you look so much BETTER!!!" constantly. Instead of taking their comments as compliments I kept thinking, "Wow. I must have looked like total sh*t before!" B)

I don't know if this has been covered here all ready but I thought Elvis was sexiest with extra Elvis .

Does everyone know he had a twin that died at birth?

edie

As a woman, I want to be thin/healthy/proportionate... but I am attracted to big men. My hubby's build is athletic, but I love it if he gained 20 or so pounds.

**BUMP*** Great Thread!!!!

I am normally attracted to model types but lets not forget- they also have their own insecurities as well!! However I am dating a guy now that is not too skinny and def not fat... he seems perfect :) woo woo

Rupert Boneham (Survivor) is very attractive and he's slightly overweight.

"Hurley" on LOST is a big boy and I wouldn't kick him outta bed, yanno?

Hardbodies and perfection are great for some folks--but I want personality. Mama always told me to go for the "frogs" 'cause they'd spend more time looking at you, than themselves in a mirror.

Darr :confused:

PS My DH is 6'4", 280lbs. I love every inch of him!

I don't know if this has been covered here all ready but I thought Elvis was sexiest with extra Elvis .

Does everyone know he had a twin that died at birth?

edie

I knew that..love Elvis

As to the question.. weight doesnt bother me, its all about how you handle it, I dont like men who are pounds of blubber when they get home, and become part of the couch, butI also dont want a man so obsessed with his body that all his extra time is spent at the gym. Fat doesnt bother me, unless you dont function..A couple extra handles never hurt anyone..I will say however that I have always been attracted to skinny men with dark hair and no chest muscles..dont know why that is though, I mean seriously, why is NOT having a chest attractive to me? weird. O well At the same time, I dont expect to be attractive to skinny men..its a catch-22 :faint:

I like thick men....not so much obese, but definitely someone who won't "break". :D

I'm not sure how I'll feel when I reach goal...although, current bf is overweight by doctor standards, but very muscular and thick, with a belly and wide shoulders. I think I'll still be very attracted to that kind of build.