Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Headphone Recomendations?

Ones anybody have any recomendations for a good set of headphones that are sweat resistant? I'd really prefer Bluetooth if possible.

Do you want in ear or over ear? I love my Bose in-ear head phones. I don't know if they make blue tooth ones. They are the only ones I have been able to find that actually stay in my ears when moving and sweating.

I wouldn't mind in ear, if I could get them to stay put. I know plant tonics makes a set of Bluetooth earphones called backbeats, but he reviews are all so inconsistent.

I do love Bose quality.

What kind of music do you listen to? That sometimes makes a difference.

What kind of music do you listen to? That sometimes makes a difference.

Well, I listen to pretty much anything except most Jazz & Opera.

Most often it's

Hard rock/Metal/Alt (Metallica,Ozzy,Pearl Jam, Korn, NIN,Godsmack,AC/DC,Disturbed, Drop Kick Murpys)

80's & 90's Rap/Hip Hop (Ice T, NWA, Eminem, LL Cool J, DJ Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince, Warren G, Tupac, Cypress Hill)

70's - current Country (Hank Jr, Alabama, George Jones, Aaron Tippen, Josh Turner, Pretty much anything except the Dixie Chicks)

I bet this doesn't help much.

I can say I use Bose for everything in my house except the theater system which is Boston Acoustic, and my truck is all Infinity Kappa.

Check out the bose in-ear head phones then. The sound is great and they were the most comfortable ones I tried. They have a unique system for holding them in your ear and they do not fall out (unless you accidentally get the wire stuck on something and keep going, then all bets are off!) If they have a bluetooth version of them, then all the better, although I am sure more expensive. I got mine because I wanted the feature to talk on my iphone if I got a call while out walking or on the eliptical machine without having to unhook my headphones. The headphones that come with the iphone would pop out of my ears with any movement once I started to sweat. At the time I bought mine, they had great reviews. Let us know what you end up getting and your review.

If I end up with wired headphones/earbuds it will likely be either Bose or Beats. I do like Beats bass response.

I'm really hoping somebody has a wireless recommendation though.

I think Motorola have a wireless one. Check out best buy or Amazon. Hope you find one you like.

DH is a bit of an audiophile (putting it mildly) and his go-to brand is Sennheiser. For wireless (circumaural - encloses ear) he uses the Sennheiser RS170 and HD202. For supra aural (on ear) his favorites are Grado SR325is, and Denon AH D1001. For in-ear he uses Sennheiser CX 300-II, mainly. His bluetooth ones are Sennheiser MM 100.

I have a pair of the backbeats (BackBeat GO) at work and I don't like them. They don't stay in my ears. I also have a pair of Sennheiser IE6. Love them, but they aren't wireless. They came with several different types of tips and actually had some that stay in my ear (even when I'm active), and are comfortable.

HTH

Thanks everyone, I'm still shopping his one. I really thought there would be more high end options out there by now.

I love Beats by Dr. Dre, couldn't run without them...best headphones ever. I have the studio beats that fit on your head, they are sweat resistant, have great bass, awesome volume and help me zone out. Love them!!!

I love Beats by Dr. Dre' date=' couldn't run without them...best headphones ever. I have the studio beats that fit on your head, they are sweat resistant, have great bass, awesome volume and help me zone out. Love them!!![/quote']

Hey r u talking about the 'over the head' kind that are kinda big! I soooo want some of those but didn't plan to use for exercise as I figured they'd be too bulky (plus I didn't want to get them all sweaty). Do u find they are NOT too bulky and can u wipe the sweat off?

I use these: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005LKB0IU/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00

The sound is great, they stay on, sweat doesn't seem to cause any issues, they stay charged forever and so inexpensive that I don't worry about breaking them. The Bluetooth works great, I've even used them on phone conversations, crystal clear.

I must have freakishly shaped ears, because in-ear headphones don't stay in, ever. Was considering duct-taping my old set to my ears before I found the Kinovo.

Sent from my iPad using VST

Hey r u talking about the 'over the head' kind that are kinda big! I soooo want some of those but didn't plan to use for exercise as I figured they'd be too bulky (plus I didn't want to get them all sweaty). Do u find they are NOT too bulky and can u wipe the sweat off?

I am talking about them, they come in the solo edition(which are smaller) or the studio beats(a little larger but much better sound quality!!!) I love them, can't imagine running 3-5 miles 4 times a week without them!!!! Feels like you are in the music....need it for motivation lol. Great buy IMO. They fit great so they aren't too bulky and can wipe the sweat off too!

What did you end up doing for headphones, OTR? I'm looking for some too that will stream music & allow me to talk on them. People always want to call when I'm at the gym. :-/