Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today Is My 90 Days, Long Read About My Experience.

Well today is exactly my 90 day sleeve anniversary..

I wanted to write about how my experience has been.

The good news is that I’m down 55 pounds, well according to the doc only 47 but that was with clothes on : :)

I had a very long recovery time my doc had me out of work for 4 weeks, and boy I could have used 5 just to get the hang of things. I had 8 holes in me 4 on the left and 4 bigger ones on the right, the big ones hurt it felt like I was getting ripped from the inside out. I’m just sitting here thinking about literally dreading trying to move, whether it be get up, turn over, go potty, walk stairs, cough or sneeze like I said it was pretty brutal. Now I’m pretty much pain free except if I do hard core ab work, I can feel it start to get angry..

Last week I was cleared to eat regular food, I had already began slowly testing the waters the last few weeks. It’s really a learning process, if I eat too quick I throw up, if I don’t chew I throw up, if the food just doesn’t agree with me guess what I throw up. I usually throw up once or twice a week, doc said it’s normal. I have something else TMI! I have noticed that when I have to potty #2 it’s no joke! Like I need to go right away or else I’m afraid what will happen so when they see me get up and leave at work they know I’m either sick or in the potty :blink: . My doc said could be a few things, no Fiber in my diet well duh I don’t eat much, or could be from gallbladder being removed, so they should have told me that in the fine print, cuz the first time I was like holy moly!.

Eating, I know for sure I’m not getting enough Protein all I can do is try. I have tried all kinds of Protein shakes and I’m just over them gross!! I do drink my milk so that’s better than nothing. I do feel hungry but my tummy never growels, and if I drink something it goes away.. It’s just hard because I keep thinking hey it’s been like 8 hours maybe I should eat. I’ve been pretty behaved with the eating not much snacking, I do need my ice cream but I can’t eat much of it.. I was really craving sour cream and onion chips well not anymore after I threw them up…. And pizza, oh my dear pizza I missed you, on Saturday I decided it was time for some pizza and oh my it was even better after 4 months, I did my best to get it down my tummy but didn’t happen but gosh it was good.

Going out to eat or ordering in hasn’t been much of a problem, I have noticed the kids menu’s are all crabs no wonder we are all fat, all chicken tenders and mac and cheese!

Chinese has been the best to me, I can get a small thing of beef and broccoli it will last me 2 meals. I love me some egg fu yung, and I didn’t really care for it before. I haven’t had a drink in 4 months, or bread…When it comes to bread and foods that will puff my tummy, I think of my tummy as valuable space I could add some meat and veggie to it or 2 bites of bread and not get any satisfaction from it. I have had very small amount of rice in my stuffed green peppers or cabbage rolls. I haven’t tried any Pasta I heard that is a hit or miss for the tummy too. I don’t really crave things, it’s more like hey I bet that would taste good, right now I kinda want to eat Swedish meatballs for some reason it’s hard to explain. I do need my sweet tea and ice cream… I had a small piece of a cookie last week and I could taste the butter and sugar right away it was like my taste buds had opened up, guess that’s what happens when you don’t eat crap food anymore J I really follow the no drinks for 30 and during or after eating, I did make the mistake twice of drinking while eating and it does hurt lesson learned.

I don’t have much else to add except my butt is hanging to the ground I need to pull my pants over my gut I should really get some suspenders :D

Oh I do workout, I do weights 2-3 times a week for 45 mins. I also play tennis 2x a week and golf every Friday. I just want to get rid of this damn weight and feel normal. I know that I have lost weight but I can’t see any difference I look like me, I’m sure someday I’ll wake up and be like wow I look pretty dang good. I don’t feel like I have more energy which has to do with my insomnia, but I don’t snore anymore and the hubby is way happy.

That was my story so far, I’ll update when it’s my 6 month in November.

Thanks for reading this long rant.. :)

Rai.