Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What I Ate Today!

Cookeeez: absolutely correct ! Nena: you aren't eating enough calories period. For my body I found that if I eat less than 1000 calories a day, I don't lose weight. I try to keep it under 1200 and definitely get atleast 70g of Protein. This isn't a "die" it, it is a "live" it . Feed your body good things and the sleeve will keep the amounts under control.

Let's see... yesterday I had

B: 8 oz coffee+creamer; 6 oz carbmaster blackberry yogurt; 6 triscuit

L: 3 oz pork chop; 1 oz cheddar; 1 med. apple

D: 3 oz steak; 1/4 cup baked beans; 1 small potato; 1 pat butter

Snack: 1 cup fresh fruit salad; 10 slices pepperoni

Total: 1257 calories, 120g carbs, 53g fat, 79g Protein

Kind of a high calorie day, too many carbs & fat, but great protein :-)

Today I had:

Breakfast: scrambled egg dusted with shredded cheese and 3 thin chicken lunch meat slices 126 calories

Lunch: 1/4 c chicken, pinto Beans, salad with sour cream, avocado (1/4 cup altogether) 75 calories

Glazed donut 135 calories (I know bad, bad, bad..but it was a treat for a group project)

Dinner: Chicken & Shrimp grilled, grilled mixed veggies(1/2 cup, no tortillas) 218 calories

Calories 536 Carbs 31g Fat 23g Protein 54g

I may have 1/2 Protein shake to get my Protein up!

I am 2 months post op I had a 100 calorie 6 pro frappuccino, 160 cal 11 gr Protein greek yogurt , 60 cal 2 pro pudding and another Greek yogurt for dinner 160 cal 11 pro. Not so good. :(

4 cups Water and all my Vitamins

I don't mean to be critical but I wish this thread were a little more positive :) so many of you are eating fabulously well compared to how I imagine you might have presleeve, and one day out of a week or seven a year doesn't make much difference at all... It's only if it's a fairly typical day that you might want to make adjustments...

In Australia we have a government run site called www.8700.com.au

It calculates via age, gender, weight, activity level how many kjs or cals are good to maintain or lose weight.

I know for years I felt I had to stay under 1200 cals a day as I had been misinformed that that is the amount given to bed-ridden patients to maintain life. I thought if I eat less than 1200 and exercise surely I should lose weight... I did- I became anorexic and nearly lost my life after trimming that 1200 down to 1000 then 500 then 100 (on a "bad" day, 0 on a "good" day)

I have since found out that I need around 2900 cals to maintain my 300 pounds because my weight drains so much out of my system. And you know this is true- its just whether or not I suffer during the day, do I eat all 3000 for brekky, drink it in soda every day, or spread it out in Snacks and large healthy dinners struggling to meet the 2900 limit?

The thing is, calories carbs Proteins fats are onky numbers and only make a difference according to your individual needs. My mum is on 10gs of carbs A DAY because she is diabetic. My sister is on 350g per day (about 7g per each kilo of her weight) because she is an athlete. She struggles to get in her higher levels of carbs in endurance training.

So I know we've made decision to have sleeve, we have portion trouble and make some bad choices every now and then, but I bet most of us know more about nutrition than the average joe bloe on the street.

Listen to your body, give it fuel to burn, work your sleeve (I'm jealous btw, can't wait for mine) but remember that you want to lose weight so you don't die of obesity related disease- but don't let yourself become malnourished and die of that (been there, almost done that)

You are all strong and inspiring individuals :)