Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im Still Waiting On My Insurance

My Dr. summitted all my paper work about two week ago.. And Still no answer.. My question is how long did it take you for your insurance to let you know if you were approved or denied?:angry

I too am waiting for my insurance approval. After six weeks with my paperwork my insurance company requested that we resend the information because my doctore wanted to do the surgery as in patient and they were only willing to do the surgery as out patient. You would think they would have figured this out in week one or two. Now they are stating that I have to wait another 30 days before I can get an answer. This is really making me ill.

I'm just going to try to remain positive until I get my approval.

I can so relate to your problem. My eating has been out of control! I wonder what I'm going to do if/when I can't self medicate with food?

Waiting and the uncertainty is overwhelming at times.

I am also waiting for insurance approval. Finally the psych doctor gave the surgeon her report...she was sitting on it since august 14th!!!! Of course, no one knew this until I started calling my insurance company and they didn't have any paper work on me. They were suppose to mail it out mon or tuesday...my surgery is scheduled for SEPTEMBER 20th..Yup, and I bet my insurance company won't come back with an answer, or a denial, then I will have to appeal, and everything will be pushed back..Its very upsetting..esp. when I am trying to do the liquid diet..it doesn't help to have this on my mind.

My husband needs to take time off of work, but we can't give an exact date because we have to wait for approval, same with someone walking our kids.

I have HMO BC/BS of New England I live in NH. Anyone have them?

I waited to hear from insurance for 3 weeks, they then sent a letter stating that they needed to have a 6 month medically documented weight loss attempt within the 12 months prior to appoving surgery. I have been persueing this since February of 06 when I went to the workshop. I had all of my tests in March and waited for 6 weeks for my DR to send in my weight and diet history. I got the stupid cpap machine for sleep apnea, my BMI is 44 and I have a herniated disk and sciatica. I am now seeing a dietician (which is what I am...how mortifying) to met the rquirements of my rediculous insurance company. While I am doing this though I have actually joined weight watchers again (for the 8th time in my life) and am loosing as I always do with them. I will be sure not to loose too much though, you can believe that! Why? Because I need to loose 140 pounds, not 25 or even 50 or 100 and I do not have the slightest amount of faith that I will achieve this without surgery...maybe 50, not 140. And 50 would put me 20 pounds below what I have to weigh to get approval, so I am shooting for 30, that would be a good head start. You see I am not one of those skinny since birth dieticians that I get to talk to in the hospital who say "you just have to listen to your body and you will loose weight". If I keep listening to my body I will be getting lifted out of my bed with a crane in 5 or 10 years! I am a dietician because I have had a life long obsession with my weight. Even when I was young and thin at 5'7" and 130 lbs. I thought I was a blimp, so now I don't know how to even view myself....as a older blimp I guess....any way, to get back to the insurance issue. I am 6 months into this journey...granted I have Medical Mutual of Ohio and they suck the big one. Most of you wont have this much trouble, so good luck and God Bless!:confused:

I was scheduled for surgery on September 20th. That week before the insurance company got my information on a Tuesday, denied me by Friday, I called teh doctors office in tears, and the surgeon and his administrative assistant contacted my insurance company and the decision was turned around and I was approved. I had my surgery as planned on the 20th. I was very worried myself, I knew that I would be denied only because my BMI is low, but I have co-morbities, but I didn't expect such a quick turn around. I think alot had to do with the surgeons office, mine was the BEST, I cannot thank them enough

:hippie::hippie:

I was scheduled for surgery on September 20th. That week before the insurance company got my information on a Tuesday, denied me by Friday, I called teh doctors office in tears, and the surgeon and his administrative assistant contacted my insurance company and the decision was turned around and I was approved. I had my surgery as planned on the 20th. I was very worried myself, I knew that I would be denied only because my BMI is low, but I have co-morbities, but I didn't expect such a quick turn around. I think alot had to do with the surgeons office, mine was the BEST, I cannot thank them enough

I could not lose anything for 3weeks, so I started doing two workouts per day 45min. and 4days later 3lb was gone! :confused: