Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ope everyone is doing great. Well if anyone has followed my story it began eight weeks ago. I wanted to let you know that my bandages came off yesterday and I am finally healed. Stomach has nasty scars but I am well and that is the main thing. Thank you to all who send encouraging words through my scary ordeal.

Glad to hear you are doing well and that you are on the other side! BTW, why are you posting in the 50's? You so look to be in your lower 40's in your profile pic so you couldn't possibly be in your 50's. :D

First - Amy you look like you're 20!

And KAT - THAT IS FANTASTIC NEWS!! What a long road you've had. People don't realize sometimes that serious complications happen when we have surgery in other countries - I am so glad you lived to tell your story!!

I've kept up with your story. I usually skip the posts about Dr. Garcia since I went with Dr. Kelly,so I actually heard about your story while I was in Mexico. After surgery, I came to the boards to read your experience. I am so glad you are doing well. I hope things only continue to get better.

First - Amy you look like you're

You're my new BFF Joni. :-) Most people think I'm in my early 30's. It surprises everyone when they find out I'm actually 44. The post came up in the recent posts and I had to jump in and comment how young you look even though I'm not yet 50 and not part of your group yet.

Thank you friends. Now to put it behind me, pick myself up mentally and move forward.

Kay how are you doing now??

I'm still having problems keeping Protein down at least half the time. Overall still feeling good. Broke my bike ride record today, completed 8.5 miles.

Hi new hope

I am finally healed but now have new scars lol. I am glad that is over. Eight weeks. Still having difficulty keeping food down especially by dinner time. I am at a stall. I don't have a nut up here so I am relying on my dear friends on the site to guide me. I am up and down. My emotions seem to be all over the board. Especially with not loosing. I keep looking at tomorrow though with hopes that it will be better.

How are you doing?

I have kept up with your story and am so glad that you are doing better.

Thanks chuckles how are you doing? Would love to hear your story. Have a great day. I am off to work now. Late again lol

Good morning Kat,

I also do not have a NUT. I go back for my checkup in about 1 month. I am down a total of 38 lbs, and am just creeping along. I am getting in about 500-600 calories per day. My food seems to stay down in the morning and at lunch, but dinner is a problem for me also. I probably loose it about 1/2 the time or more. Not sure why it always feels so much heavier in the evening and doesn't sit well. I might switch out to a Protein Drink for my evening meal.

Kat....what a wild ride this surgery turned out to be for you. The scars will fade over time, but you will never forget your ordeal, I'm sure. Still, you made it through!!

My weight loss is slow, but it is steady, I often hit stalls and then lose 3-4 pounds overnight. I try not to get discouraged but sometimes it is hard not too.

Let's be there to support one another!! This is our journey!!

By the way, evenings have been difficult for me too....I had a few weeks where I was throwing up in the evenings and I had to move back to mushys to tolerate dinner...and sometimes I would just have a few reduced fat wheat thins and thinly sliced cheddar cheese for my evening meal because solid Protein was not tolerable and I can only stomach one Protein shake a day.

Slow and easy...that seems to work, and listening to your body....

New hope that is exactly the same for me. I think I will go to my Protein drink at dinner instead of food perhaps with a little fruit. Yes it has been a horrible eight weeks but hope it will get better. How long has it been for you? Do you work too?

Katie 713

You are right I would be lost honestly without all the care I have received from you guys. It's like having an extended family and we have to lean on one another. Advice always helps along with different ways to try. Big hug