Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for help as I am concerned about how much I am able to eat already. I had my surgery 9 days ago, and for the past few days, I seem to be able to eat more bites than I should. I was told to quit eating when I get an uncomfortable feeling, and if I don't stop at that point I would vomit. I have quit when I feel uncomfortable, but today, I ate 7 or 8 bites of scrambled eggs, and did not get that feeling. I'm worried something may be wrong, as everyone else seems to be able to take only 3 or 4 bites in the first month. Anyone else experience this, or have any thoughts? Thanks.

How tall are you? They say taller people have larger stomachs.

What size bougie did your doc use?

Are you a quick healer? Maybe you don't have as much swelling as others.

Everyone's experience can/will be different. I would say if you don't have any pain I am sure you are fine. If you had a leak and food pouring out, you would know it...

How tall are you? They say taller people have larger stomachs.

What size bougie did your doc use?

Are you a quick healer? Maybe you don't have as much swelling as others.

Everyone's experience can/will be different. I would say if you don't have any pain I am sure you are fine. If you had a leak and food pouring out' date=' you would know it...[/quote']

Thanks for your reply. I have my first post-op appointment August 14, but have been worrying the last few days. I have heard different horror stories about what can go wrong. I am 5'7", and I am a quick healer. When I had a c-section 12 years ago, everyone was amazed at how quick I recovered. Thanks again.....you made me feel better.

There are days when you will be to eat more than the day before or less. As long as you stop eating when comfortably full/satisfied. Listen to your body. You will know when you are pushing yourself too far. The swelling is going down so you will be able to consume more. But you will notice when you eat a high Protein meal, you feel full quicker and eat less. And the bulkier the protein in the meal, the longer you will stay full.

There are days when you will be to eat more than the day before or less. As long as you stop eating when comfortably full/satisfied. Listen to your body. You will know when you are pushing yourself too far. The swelling is going down so you will be able to consume more. But you will notice when you eat a high Protein meal' date=' you feel full quicker and eat less. And the bulkier the Protein in the meal, the longer you will stay full.[/quote']

Thanks LaBelle509. When I read about other peoples experiences, it makes me think I'm doing something wrong because what I'm going through is different. My surgeon had told me I could begin eating pretty much all Proteins including meats, once I left the hospital. Just to make sure I chewed until it was mush, etc. So I have been eating eggs, grilled chicken breast, tuna, etc. since my surgery. In the hospital, they had me eating eggs, hamburger, etc. Granted, I could not eat more than 3 or 4 bites of any of it, but this morning, I ate about 7 or 8 bites of eggs, and probably could have eaten more, but made myself stop. Anyway, I go to my primary doctor tomorrow so will talk to her. May also call my surgeons office to run it by them.....they said to call with any questions, so.....thanks again for the response.

I'm day 9 also, but I can only have mushy foods. I can eat about a 1/4 to 1/3 cup at a time, but that really just started yesterday. I'm mostly eating thick Soups and re-fried Beans.< /p>

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches