Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How's This For 'fried' Food?

Well I'm almost 3 months out, at 5 weeks I was eating soft foods and very little.

I'm sleeved now a month and 3 days. How are any of you eating any food. My doctor andy nut told me to eat some food now, like chicken but I can't seem to eat anything without throwing up.

Hello Mary, I had a similar issue for nearly 10 weeks out when a test showed I had H pylori with a peptic ulcer...2 weeks of antibiotics and I am finally able to eat small portions without all the nausea! Keep asking your Dr. at first I was put off with "this is normal for some folks to have nausea etc" until I started throwing up blood then tests showed what was really wrong. Keep the faith it will get better! x

I'm sleeved now a month and 3 days. How are any of you eating any food. My doctor andy nut told me to eat some food now, like chicken but I can't seem to eat anything without throwing up.

I'm sorry sexymary :( there are a couple people in my support group I go to at the hospital that have that same issue.

I am one of the very fortunate ones that had the really great experience. Clear liquids for 2 days, full liquids for 2 weeks, soft foods for 2 more, then introduce real food as tolerated. I did have 1 instance of vomiting, but that was all my fault. Tried to drink a full serving of beef broth in 5 minutes because I was in a hurry. Bad idea.

I have heard them say that it does get better in time, and they have started loving their sleeve, I hope you get to that point soon. Hang in there.

Much love

O

I hate to break this to you, but zero calorie spray butter is NOT zero calories! What you are dealing with is the ugly truth of the federal government and lobbyists. In truth anything that has .5g or less per serving can be listed as zero calories. That is why the serving size is only 1-5 sprays. The sad reality is that the entire bottle contains 900+ calories and 90 grams of fat!

Yeah I think the zero calories and zero fat is measured as a spray -- if you take off the sprayer part and pour the butter stuff, I don't believe it can be counted as zero calories and zero fat...

Thank you everyone for your input. I think I'm going to go back to liquids for a while.

Fiber one (the twigs stuff), pulsed in your food processor with your favorite seasonings is a great FIBER-loaded, but tasty, coating for meats.< /p>

Fiber one (the twigs stuff), pulsed in your food processor with your favorite seasonings is a great FIBER-loaded, but tasty, coating for meats.

Yep! With good seasoning it tastes just like shake n bake. :)