Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I kind of don't believe it....

Thanks again mouse. It really is a ride.

Oh gee, smyly, no real words of wisdom. I guess I have to say be positive, because it really is such a wonderful change you are making in your life. I really had given up. The statistics of people who lose weight and keep it off, made me want to give up, yet, I just couldn't be happy at my weight. So this was my option.

I am so glad I made this decision, because I know that if I hadn't taken this route, I'd be still 280 pounds.

Good luck with your surgery. You will be fine. and this road has really been a hoot. Each and every day is new and exciting as the band helps us make decisions that lead us to a healthier lifestyle.

Cheers Paula

I can hardly believe that after decades of being over 200 lbs I am 20 lbs from 199. This works if you work it and I'm seeing 18's again. I haven't seen a size 18 since my early 20's. I am now 60. Yes Virginia there is success.

As a side note, I am sending another lapbander some of my 3Xs. So, I do believe that it will never come back again. :P Good luck to everyone

Revisiting again. Had to cancel my fill in January, due to bad weather. I have to drive 4 1/2 hours to Vancouver to get my fill. Just got back a 4 days ago and can't explain how good a great fill feels.

I feel restriction with a capital R.

I like feeling tight, so that I can only fit a half cup fo food as my surgeon prescribes.

So on a DOWN HILL SLOPE FROM HERE.

WHO HOO!

Down to 224,

Still, don't believe it....nope

OK, so now I am 207. I guess I can start to believe this weight loss 'miracle' but now I doubt I will ever get below 190.

I really need to start thinking positive. What kind of negative Nelly am I?

I guess I just really find this a miracle, after so many failures.

I am so proud of myself for taking this step. I feel so good minus 72 pounds, I am just exctatic.

To think of my body minus all the excess weight. I guess it brings joy to my heart and tears to my eyes.

Paulax - I'm what you call a "career dieter". I've been low carbing for 6 years, (off & on) and I can only get down to 190 lbs, that is the lowest, then I get discouraged and gain back up to 235, then back down to 190 etc. I've been doing this for YEARS. Now I have the band, and I'm down to 193, the doubts are building up, will I get below 190? I have that unbelieving sensation and I have even "tested" the band, I would stuff my face then race to the scale to see how much I gained. I am playing horrible head games with myself - so weird.

I am to the point that I am forcing myself to stay off the scale - (so far I've only made it 1 day, lol, but this is huge for me).

I just wanted to pop you a line to say I know how you feel and I can tell you, that even though one part of me doubts I'll really break the 190's, another part of me KNOWS I will do this, and I know when that happens, tears will be streaming down my face. So, I do know how you feel and your not alone. I must start thinking positive too!

You guys are voicing my own concerns. I've played the yo-yo game for years, always w/ the scale creeping ever upward in the long run. I'm scheduled to be banded May 8th. At this point I keep thinking for some reason the date will be canceled or they'll decide I don't really need the band. Oh Lord! Then I'm worried that after I'm banded it won't work. Yikes!

I've done all the tests, but the surgeon's office is still waiting on a letter from my sleep doctor. I've worried the fool out of them to fax it, even making them fax it twice today!

I desperately want to get down below 200. I've lost the same 20-25 pounds over and over again until now I'm afraid it just won't happen.

But you guys have given me hope!

Thanks!

OK, so now I am 207. I guess I can start to believe this weight loss 'miracle' but now I doubt I will ever get below 190.

I completely relate to what you are saying. I've hit my first plateau and where am I stuck? 190!

I expected a plateau but just hoped it wouldn't happen. So I've bumped up exercise time, I'm running more, and I am backing down on calories for a bit. I'm going from 600 daily to 500.

Paulax, congratulations! And thanks for updating this thread!

It's all coming true...remember to be patient, and if you show any signs of being over filled, take care of it right away. Better to be slow and have a healthy, working band, than be in a hurry and have problems you don't need, right?

Congrats, again!

Congrats on your loss this far :)

I have been feeling much the same. All I have to do is think about the band and I get a bit giddy. This time is going to be different. When I lose weight, it's not going to bounce back up + some, it's going to go down more. I haven't been under 200lbs since I was pre-teen. I don't know what it's like to be a 'normal' size, and I absolutely can't wait to find out!!!

:phanvan :think You don't know how I want to relate to what you are saying - - I'm still waiting to tell the difference in my clothes so I can go shopping! I'm down

about 22 lbs and had to fight for each pound. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the next fill I have (tomorrow) will help! I wanted to be able to buy a new swim suit - we are going to Cancun in June! I hoped to be smaller than I am right now. I can't seem to loose steadily or for that matter at all. So now I'm really going to push the exercise and Protein - -I'm working on a way to make my body to understand that "IT WILL GET SMALLER". I WILL DO THIS!! I just need to stay motivated - it's so easy to find excuses not to exercise, or to say - man I'm too tired to cook tonight. So I'm addressing these issues, like cooking more on the weekend and putting it in the ice box - - or buying more Healthy choice dinners,etc.

Any suggestions, or recommendations, exercises, meal plans, whatever would be Greatly appreciated!!!