Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Check-In, Updates, Nsvs

Hey Guys!!!..

Yes, I know it's been a minute!! But, I'm still alive and kicking... just crazy busy and mourning the end of my summer vacation!! LOL...

Well, let's see... I have kind of learned how to deal w/ my anxiety around successfully navigating my sleeved life.. I JUST DO IT!!! Most days I'm quite successful and on the "challenging" days.. I try to remember, there is always tomorrow!! Tis Life!!!

I'm also learning to shed the "I wear the largest size in the store" mentality.. Went to Target yesterday to get some epsom salts to help with the aches and ACHES from this body works class I went to on Monday... the beast lady trainer tried to kill me.. I promise she did.. I did survive.. barely.. but anyway... my friends and I decided to try on some clothes... First, I've never worn ANYTHING from Target besides socks!!! So, we grab dresses and my BFF ******es a hanger from me and says... are you crazy... you don't wear that size!!! Of course I argue... She I had a 4 (26/28) she wanted me to get a 1 (18/20)... we compromised at a 2 (20/22).... I knew I would be embarrassed cause I wouldn't be able to get my big butt in this little dress (yes, little... I'm used to 28, 30 and 32s).... so.. I sashay into the dressing room... pissed off... and it FIT!!! like... really FIT!!! I couldn't believe it.. LOL...

Oh, I'm in a wedding in December, so I had to go get fitted for the dress... which, I put off to the last possible minute... anyway... the consultant was amazing and tried to help me see that I wasn't a size 30 anymore... put on a very small cut size 24 gown and a size 38D corset bra!! I'm like.. WHAT??!! for real??!!! I attached a pic.. excuse the gym hair!!! Trying to get more gym time in this week before I head back to work!!!

Oh, I also saw 308 on the scale this week!!! Yeah.. over 300 and wearing a 20/22.. LOL.. I don't get it, but I'll take it!!

So those are the major NSVs for this week!! LOL.. I've gained a few more Tina-isms since the last time I posted.... here they are ...

• Find someone to share your story with... Highs, lows, in-betweens... This will definitely serve as a reminder that you have come sooo far..even if you're just starting out or making the decision to change your life... Share it... Your story sounds good being told by YOU!!!
  • Don't worry too much about wasting food... it's called a ziploc bag, container or whatever!!! I hate left overs, but, when I did the math, I could spend $2 on a bag of frozen veggies and make my leftovers into 2-4 DIFFERENT meals!! I spent $10 at brunch yesterday and ate 4 times!!!
  • Learn your weight loss patterns and listen to your bodyI CANNOT lose weight when eating fruit... Like.. I don't know why... so, I limit my fruit intake to weekends and spend the week doing Protein and green veggies... That may not be the case for some people... find out what works for you and DO IT!!!!
  • Water is YOUR FRIEND!!! Feeling tired and kind of blah.... grab a couple of bottles of water.... take a leisurely stroll as your drink... I love CL pink lemonade.. YUM!!!
  • Take a friend with you when you go shopping... You may not see the difference in your size (I drop lots of inches before pounds come off)...but, others can... CLEARLY...

Finally,

Learn to appreciate the things that make you unique!! You are amazingly and perfectly you.. Not perfect, but perfectly you.. Love and accept the wonder of it!! Change what you don't like... but never underestimate your power and presence!!

Love and Hugs!!!

Tina

post-12668-13813659429438_thumb.jpg

You look great!!! That is your color too. Keep smiling because you're doing a great job!

The smile on your face says it all.........!

Congratulations on your success so far. Those NSVs are the greatest, aren't they? By the time you are in the wedding in December, you will have to get a significant refit done!

Keep up the great work, and keep smiling. You have a lot to be happy about!

You look gorgeous in that dress! What a great color on you =)

It sounds like you are doing amazing, you are really an inspiration. Keep it up!

That dress looks gawgeous! I did me some Tarjay shopping today too, love buying a size 2 :).

Congratulations on your progress! You are stunning in that dress. If you keep on losing you will need to have it fitted again before the wedding. Won't that be wonderful?

You look amazing Tina, keep up the good work! You have a great attitude that will keep you on the successful path!

Tina... You look great. Keep up the good work girl.

Great job :)

Congrats Keep up the good work!

I just love you! You're such an inspiration and you're attitude towards this journey is so positive...it's infectous!! So happy you're doing well and knocking the dresses out like they're nothing! You look amazing in your gown....I hope you don't steal the attention away from the bride ;-) lol!!!