Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery Tomorrow! Yeah! The Day Is Finally Here!

Good luck to everyone! I promise you will be so glad that you made this decision, it may not be in the first few weeks, but you will. I'm 6 weeks out today and I am down 56 lbs, and I feel wonderful! Just take a deep breath and say to yourself, "I'm doing this for me"! We will all save you a seat on the losers bench!

This is EXACTLY what I needed to read right now. Thank you. I'm being sleeved on Thursday and my nerves are really starting to get the best of me. My brain is wandering saying 'Are you sure you can't do this on your own?' and 'Are you ready to leave you son behind?' I need to FOCUS on the POSITIVE and the reasons I'm doing this.

Thanks you both, MamaMelly are you nervous?

Yes, I am. Excited, nervous, anxious, happy, fearful, all at the same time! LoL Please post as soon as you can tomorrow!

That pretty much sums up all my feelings right now too!

Momma melly don't be scared, you can do this, you are stronger than you think! The best advice I can give you is to walk as soon as they tell you to and sip your liquids even if you are not thirsty, you do not want to get dehydrated!

Good luck to everyone! I promise you will be so glad that you made this decision' date=' it may not be in the first few weeks, but you will. I'm 6 weeks out today and I am down 56 lbs, and I feel wonderful! Just take a deep breath and say to yourself, "I'm doing this for me"! We will all save you a seat on the losers bench![/quote']

WoWWW congrats to you

Best wishes! I'm seeing Dr. Broussard at WeightWise. It's a great place!

I'm almost a week out. I was pretty miserable and in a lot of pain the first 2 days and had moments I regretted what I chose to do. But everyday I feel a little better and can eat and drink a little better. I can feel that I will be happy soon and that this will work

It's probably not a bad thing you didn't have to do the 2-week preop diet because after 3 weeks I'm sick of it!! The thought of chicken soup/broth makes me sick and I'll be happy to stop the shakes.

That pretty much sums up all my feelings right now too!

I'm sure it does!! I've said it before but I am so incredibly grateful for this site! I can't imagine going through all this without the support here. i'm praying for you girl and will keeps my eyes out for a post from you. And can I just say, if you look that sassy now (your profile pic) watch OUT world when Ms. Carey starts getting smaller!

Momma melly don't be scared, you can do this, you are stronger than you think! The best advice I can give you is to walk as soon as they tell you to and sip your liquids even if you are not thirsty, you do not want to get dehydrated!

Thank you very much for the encouragement. I will do my best!

I am getting sleeved tomorrow too :) at noon with Dr. Nicholson in Dallas.... Good luck everyone!

Good luck, will be watching for your progress!

Yay..that's great! I wish you a speedy recovery!

Yay! That's great! I wish you a speedy recovery!!!

Best of luck to you. 8.21 is around the corner for me. Stay in touch and share your success

Hi Teri959, I am also getting sleeved on the 21st, with Dr Garcia in Mexico...

BTW Carey I feel great. I went back to work today. A little weak but that will go away.

My day is finally here! I am being sleeved tomorrow with Dr. Walton in Edmond, Ok. I am so ready to start my new sleeved life.

Wish me luck! See everyone on the other side.

Good luck! I am 1 week post-op sleeve and I am doing great! I spent 3 days in the hospital and it went pretty smooth. Wishing you all the luck with your new life and new body! (: