Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery Date Set! August 25Th W/dr. Perez In Cancun, Mexico

Sleeved on 6/15 down 30lbs now!

My surgeon was verboonen. Dr.Perez was there to remove my drain, barrium test and release me from the center. I liked Perez, he seemed like a very good Doctor.

I had no problems, other than pain where the IV was. Nurses were great, but didnt speak alot of english. Cancun is beautiful!

How cool! I am having surgery the same day and also going alone. I am going to TJ and flying into San Diego the 24th. I have lots to do but I am going to do it and like you it will be nice to look in the mirror and see yourself again. A week ago I weighed myself again and I was 330, yesterday I weighed myself and I am at 325, I am hoping that I can lose another 10 pounds before surgery. Would love to stay in touch with you as we will be doing the 2 week liquid diet together. I am not sure about taking my laptop as I really dont think I will be up to all that.

Good to see some good posts about Dr Perez. I thought when I had inquired about price though, I was told $6500?? I want to have my surgery done in Cancun, but there aren't as many surgeons to chose from. I'm also considering Dr Verboonen. I'm new to this forum, but will be following this thread. Good luck to all those with upcoming surgeries!!

Has Secretsleeve posted on her experience? Is there any way of getting in touch with her?

Sorry I missed this but she post about him she loved her doctor but she is in gastricsleeve.com. She highly recommends him to anyone getting surgery in Cancun. You should write her on gastricsleeve.com. I don't know if she post on this site. I use this one and gastricsleeve.

How cool! I am having surgery the same day and also going alone. I am going to TJ and flying into San Diego the 24th. I have lots to do but I am going to do it and like you it will be nice to look in the mirror and see yourself again. A week ago I weighed myself again and I was 330, yesterday I weighed myself and I am at 325, I am hoping that I can lose another 10 pounds before surgery. Would love to stay in touch with you as we will be doing the 2 week liquid diet together. I am not sure about taking my laptop as I really dont think I will be up to all that.

Would love to stay in touch w/you also, it would be good to go through this with someone else.

Good to see some good posts about Dr Perez. I thought when I had inquired about price though, I was told $6500?? I want to have my surgery done in Cancun, but there aren't as many surgeons to chose from. I'm also considering Dr verboonen. I'm new to this forum, but will be following this thread. Good luck to all those with upcoming surgeries!!

I believe he was having a summer special. Try inquiring now, I was quoted $5550. I'm getting sleeved exactly one week from today! I'm excited nervous etc. I'll let you know how it goes if your interested in using Dr. Perez. My mom is getting sleeved on Aug 29 with Dr. Garcia I've heard good things about him as well.

Loved Cancun! Just don't rent a car, it dangerous driving there!

I believe he was having a summer special. Try inquiring now, I was quoted $5550. I'm getting sleeved exactly one week from today! I'm excited nervous etc. I'll let you know how it goes if your interested in using Dr. Perez. My mom is getting sleeved on Aug 29 with Dr. Garcia I've heard good things about him as well.

Are you going to Tijuana or Cancun? Good luck!!

I will be going to Cancun to see Dr. Hector Perez for surgery.

Awesome! Can't wait to know how it goes. Is your mom's in Cancun as well?

No my mom is actually going to be in TJ with Dr.Garcia. She is having a band to sleeve surgery. The flights were cheaper to get to TJ then Cancun, We are coming from Canada. It worked out well for me because I am going to be in Cancun for a wedding and vacation anyways that's why I booked with Dr. Perez. Yes I will definitely keep you updated!

Cool, I'm in Canada too (Alberta), TJ seems to have more options and is cheaper, but Cancun is more convenient for me, so I'm torn. But Dr Perez seems pretty good.

Yea I know what you mean definitely a tough decision. I am getting sleeved Aug 15 so I will definitely keep you updated on the experience, surgery, hotel, hospital etc. My mom just confirmed today and will be getting sleeved on Aug 29 in TJ. I will keep you updated on her experience as well and hopefully that will help in your decision.

Are you excited?? (probably a little nervous too). How long do u have to do the pre op diet for ?

Actually my situation was a little different. I have a low bmi (31) and they said I didn't need to do a pre op diet I just cant eat anything too heavy the night before and need to keep and empty stomach for 9 hours before surgery. I'm actually be at a wedding the night before so I'm gonna try to keep dinner simple and have not of fluids that day. Most people have had to do a pre op diet. I actually booked the surgery less then 2 weeks ago so it was kinda last minute. But I'm pretty healthy otherwise so Dr. Perez said it would be fine.