Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Teachers? Where Are The Teachers?

Well, first day of school I put on the pants that I wore for work in the spring, and they dropped around my ankles. So I tried a pair I wore when I was a little thinner. Ankles. I had to really dig but found a pair that fit from about 8 years ago before my daughter was born.

Well, first day of school I put on the pants that I wore for work in the spring, and they dropped around my ankles. So I tried a pair I wore when I was a little thinner. Ankles. I had to really dig but found a pair that fit from about 8 years ago before my daughter was born.

congrats! my pants are all swallowing me...a co worker told me today to start shopping...lol, I told her they are going to have to fall off before that happens, I'm broke! lol

Well' date=' first day of school I put on the pants that I wore for work in the spring, and they dropped around my ankles. So I tried a pair I wore when I was a little thinner. Ankles. I had to really dig but found a pair that fit from about 8 years ago before my daughter was born.[/quote']

I know that felt good! I can't wait until I can go down a size in surgical scrubs. I'm one of the few 3X people at work, so they hardly ever stock them. It's embarrassing to go hunt people down just to get work clothes. If I didn't have to wear the ones they provide, I'd buy my own. I want to bypass 2X and go straight to XL, lol.

Not a teacher, but a member of our teachers' union nonetheless. I'm a high school counselor in CA. I've decided not to tell work people. I'm almost 6 weeks out and lunch with my coworkers has been a little awkward but they think I'm eating smaller portions throughout the day and high protein/low carb. I feel bad because I want to tell a couple people that I consider friends, but I sooo don't want to hear the negative comments that I know I will hear. And things spread super fast at my school. My poor friend who yo-yo diets just as I did is frustrated at her inability to control herself with food and joked about getting her stomach stapled. I wanted to tell her but couldn't. I feel super lucky not to feel that damn hunger anymore... Anyway, I'm enjoying the positive comments on my weight loss right now. :)

I am surprised that I haven't heard anything negative and I've told everyone!

We have over 100 staff members and so many asked me about what I've been doing. What excited me the most is when I say how great it's been and people ask specifics- Dr. info. etc. since I would love to pass this on!!

I am a 6th grade teacher in Syracuse, NY. I did not tell that many people at work, just my teammates and one or two of my buddies. It does not matter to me if people find out though cause I am proud that I have taken control of my life.

I am a music teacher in NJ and teach in 3 schools. Told the teachers in one school I was thinking about it just because another teacher had it done. (not doing it because of her) Didn't like the comments so I am not telling them I'm doing it. Not telling anyone at my one school, all skinny minis there and they wouldn't understand. (one was complaining of being a size 2 instead of 0 after having a baby. Oh I feel so bad for you! Not!) have one teacher to talk to about it in my third school because she had bypass a few years ago. going to tell the nurse at my schools just I case I pass out or something, someone knows what to tell the paramedics! Lol. Just feel someone should know. I'm taking time off from school because they couldn't get me in during the summer and I dont want to wait for the next break. I asked my surgeons office to remove the bariatric part from my excuse note and just leave the general surgery in the title!

How are all of the teachers doing?

I'm doing great! :o)

Teacher here. I'm an elementary school librarian and this is my first year in this building. Will be having the surgery in March over spring break. I plan on taking off the two weeks following spring break for recovery. I haven't yet decided if I'm going to tell the people at work. I told one close friend, but that's all.

Do you all think 2 weeks is enough time?

2 weeks is ok....there are alot of people who go back to work after 2 weeks, just return to light duty, no lifting of heavy stuff....

I had mine done the first week after going on summer break in June, so I had the whole summer to recover....I honestly didnt feel back to "normal" until week 4

I agree with PEvette; two weeks will be ok. You just may have to come home at the end of the day and rest.

I went back after two weeks and was totally fine. Actually walked the entire state fair four days post op. I do small group music lessons so I can sit a lot.

Thanks for replying everyone. I hope two weeks will work. I have a teacher friend who is also having the surgery done over spring break, and she's hoping that she won't have to take any additional time off. I however, don't want to rush things.