Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gone For Good Club - September 2006

Hi Susan, I think anyone can join...I mean...seriously...they let me in.

Post your stats (surgery date, highest weight, surgery date weight, current weight, goal weight) and they will add you in...then just send me some cash...50 - 100 bucks depending on how you feel and you are in.

Surgery date: 4/28/06

Highest Weight: 283

Surgery date weight: 275

Current weight: 251.5

Goal weight: 140

Oh, and the check is in the mail.

Hey Heather,

Thanks for taking on the GFGC!

Somehow my updated stats for last week didn't make it to this thread so here they are:

LindaV - H 315/ J 299/ G 170/ C 258 (-56 lbs total)

It's ok if you don't update them till next week when I post my weekly update. Could you put me on the honors page then too?

Thanks again!

So, I'm sitting here drinking diet snapple, bagel chips and some wonderfully delish cream spread. :faint: Now I know why my scales are fickle. They're not. I am.

;) Somebody shoot me.

I feel you stitchy. I just came back from the store, where I bought my mom her beloved Starbucks Ice Cream Mud Pies. I'm telling you, I'm not a fan of ice cream...but I made the mistake of eating one of these the other day...bad idea. OMG they were so good! So I told myself I wouldn't eat one, but then ate stuff adding up to 440 calories instead. Someone shoot me!

LOL... no shooting. You have to eat girl.

EAT damnit! But food choices.....choices....choicesss.....(echoes in the lbt GFG)

I know, I know. food choices....need to start writing down again what I eat...that seems to make me more accountable. So loving the avatar right now telly, I read that book in high school and LOVE that movie!

I am about to watch this movie. I have to see it once per month. The acting is superb. I'm a perve b/c I especially love the "tucking" and "dancing" scene. It's hilarious.

Hi Everyone...

I just read over some of the posts on the other threads from the last couple of days. All I thought was..."where's a thread killer when you need one"? Anyway, I'm glad the smoke seems to be clearing. We're all still left with the hard work it takes to make our bands work for us.

Speaking of which, Heather, thanks for taking on the task of running our club.

Dawg...I hope you don't desert us. We really like you and your posts.

Stitchy....two pounds up? I HATE THAT. Especially when you didn't do anything to cause it. It can all come down to a salty cup of broth or some simple thing like that. If you were reading all the same posts I was in the rants and raves section, you probably started retaining Water immediately. Edit: Just read your bagel chips and cheese spread post...Hmmmmmm. As Telly said: "Choices...choices...choices."

As for me, I had a good weekend. I made it through the big dinner party by leaving and running up the hill to my home and heating up some awesome bean Soup DH made for me. I then returned to the party and no one was the wiser. As for the Bar B Que today....I went and took Stitchy's advice and put my Soup in a mug and again.....no one noticed I wasn't eating. I just moved from table to table with my mug, sipping away. It wasn't easy avoiding all that fabulous food, though. I miss it. Waaannnnnh.

Hang in the GFG-ers. We shall prevail.

Lyn

Okay guys, I haven't been here for awhile...

I'm not really feelin' the love anymore. Heather, I think it's great that you're taking on the GFG club in P'Nut's absence. :) With all the craziness that has happened & then how it ended - it just isn't the same on this board. When the last person was banned, it really made a big difference. She was so motivating & a great cheerleader to everyone. Are you all just kinda pushing yourself forward & putting on the happy face or am I am the only one who feels this way?

Funnyduddies is gone too & I've noticed that there's a lot who aren't posting anymore. Maybe it will take some time...

I don't know. Just thought I would post my feelings. :straight

I'm feeling that way, too Diane. And one of our banned is being ressurected as we speak in her "daughter" whose posts get uglier by the minute. It appears it isn't over. ??? SIGH. I'm hanging in there, but have lost the love for a bit, I'm sure. I'll do my best and will post my weight each Wed.

I have left many of the other threads, too. There are just a couple that I am sticking around for. Like this one, the before and after photos, and my May bandsters thread. It's not the same, but at least they aren't being nasty. However, I am hoping that those that left on their own will return. I miss them.