Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Back from the island!

Hi Everyone,

Missed all of you while I was gone on vacation in the Dominican Republic. I ate and drank too much which was to be expected, since I really need a fill, but was afraid to get one before I went away. I gained three pounds, but considering last year at this time when I went on vacation and gained 10 or so, I am feeling OK with this. I still hope to make -120 by my one year bandiversary next week, so for now, I am mostly on a liquid diet to get myself back on track. SOme of the things I learned while on vacation:

Tough meats do not go down even with less restriction! I had a barfing session one day at lunch while on monster safari.

When you drink less Water during the day, you have more restriction. (At least I found this to be so for me!)

Pina coladas go down very easy!

If you sit and graze long enough at buffets, you can eat a lot more in a hour than you can in 20 minutes at home.

I think I violated every bandster rule like drinking while I was eating and not stopping when I got the "full" signal etc. I was totally wicked, but now I am back on track!!!

Babs in TX

334/218/180

6/23/03

Babs -

We all need a little wickedness in our lives... :D

Welcome back, congrats on your wonderful vacation!! Getting back to a routine really helps all the other stuff fall into place, so I'm sure you'll meet your goals. :(

Thats what Vacations are for!

4 more pounds...not a problem. You can do it!

Now get back to work...LOL

yeah did you take pictures???? we know you must have taken some!!! come on babs!!!

i am longing for a get away too! i hope you drank enough pina colada's to cover my share!

michelle

My girlfriend and I go to Jamaica every year around this time. Alas I will not be joining her this trip. We are planning on going in Sept together.

I wanna go to Cancun or Belize next for a vacation. Would love to see some pics of your trip.

Hi Guys,

I took pics but havent had them developed yet. They are still in the ole camera. Once I get them developed, I will get my hubby to put them up on the internet. Give me a couple of days OK?

Babs in TX

334/218/180

6/23/03

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches