Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Massachusetts Bandsters Chat

Would you guys be interested in getting together again? Perhaps some of the new people could join us as well? Last time we did it in Braintree at Joe's American Grille. Let me know what you think, perhaps sometime in April?

John

Hi John-you look great. Wouldn't have recognized you. I am losing slowly. Doing good, though. -_-Hi everyone, It is Nana again. I cannot log on at home, so you won't hear from me very often. I am confused:cry . I have to go somewhere else to get on. Anyway, I am doing fine. One week out and still some pain and gas but not too bad. Doing what I am supposed to be doing. I have been reading the posts. I wish you the best dezadoo. I hope it goes well for you. And everyone else sounds great. There isn't much to say, just hello to everyone. Nana

Hi pochontas1969, I am Nana and I live on Cape Cod also. I read your post but I haven't been able to answer because for some reason I am blocked at my home computer. Anyway, I hope you are feeling better. I wanted to ask what part of the Cape are you from. I live in Dennis. I know there isn't too much here fore us. I was just banded March 6th at Beth Israel. I will answer when I can. Nana

hello all this is the best thing to talk to peopl who are dealing with the same type of things I am.I do have much support from family and friends but it is nice to talk write with people who can help you thru in another way 16 days till my band wow some days I feel so happy about it then i start to get nervous were most of you nervous also??

Hey everyone...I'm game for getting together again as well. Set it up and I'll get there if I can. I have classes during the week but, if we do a Saturday again that would be cool. We're being hit with NE weather again but, the good stuff is coming. You think we could pick a weekend in April?

Mary - If you weren't getting nervous we'd wonder if you were normal :( We all went through it one time or another before surgery. I remember crying my eyes out two days before wonder what the heck I was about to do to myself. A year later and I'm still happy I did it!

Nana how ya feeling? I got your email and you betcha I'll write to ya if a get together is planned and I notice you haven't seen the notice of it :)

Hey Deb...how are things going? Are you getting slammed with now out there in western part of the state?

Mary,,,,I'll tell ya, my guts were in TERMOIL!! It is an emotional rollercoaster....But lighten up on yourself,,,take a deep breath and know you are not the firs to do this,,I was in pre-op ready to go, IV's were in, surgery was to be at 1pm,,,,and I never got in until 225pm,,I almost walked,,,more than once. All will be well,,,you'll get through this, WE are all here for ya....

How about Saturday April 28th? We met at Joe's American Grille in Braintree last time because it seemed convenient for everyone. I'm open to other places as well, but you guys let me know what you think.

John

April 28th and 29th are booked unfortunately. Pig Roast on the 28th and motorcycle charity run on the 29th but, don't hold up the meet because of me. Sorry about that :) .....You're doing awesome on your weightloss John :) Congrats!

:) Hey Guys! Count me in! i'd love to meet everybody:) ! Let me know the date and time and I'm game!!!

Mary~i was a wreck the last few days before surgery. I even wrote a letter to my family just in case. I think with any surgery it's a scary thing. Now I'm SOOOO happy I did it. I wouldn't change anything...well, except for the gas...but it's subsiding..lol!!! Anyway, feel free to talk and express your feelings about your decision. I know it heled me inmensely to talk, talk, talk...You'll be fine!!! Be positive and positive things will happen!!!:clap2: :clap2:

Hello All,

I am new here and have tons of questions but my first is "shouldn't we be the Mass Bandsta's"????? :) You all sound like such a good group, I cannot wait to have my surgery and be able to offer advise and support too.

Hello All,

I am new here and have tons of questions but my first is "shouldn't we be the Mass Bandsta's"????? :) You all sound like such a good group, I cannot wait to have my surgery and be able to offer advise and suppot too.

Hey Metalband, yeah you are right...how funny is the fact that I grew up in worcester but live in chicopee now and people make fun of my accent all the time!! I tell them it makes me who I am, a Puertorican chic from worcester with a REALLY strong accent!!! lol. Some say I sound like Rosie Perez...:faint: Anyway, Congrats:clap2: on your decision to get "banded". I wish you the best on your journey and am here for any questions or comments you may have!!! I'm pretty new but I try my best and what I can't answer i'm sure the veterans around here will be more than happy to talk!!! Welcome and Keep us posted!!!!

Hey all. Everyone seems to be doing so awesome, it is really encouraging.

I am SOOOO excited. I just got my date. It is May 10. It is with Dr. Adam Glasgow at Norwood Hospital. I did the psych eval, nutritionist, sleep study, letter from my PCP. My last step is a liquid diet for 10 days prior to surgery (I'm REALLY) nervous about that. My mouth (and tummy) are not going to like that one. But that's ok. From the sounds of all of you it will definitely be worth it. It doesn't sound like any of you had a 10 day liquid diet prior to surgery. Maybe it is just my particular surgeon. It's all about having the liver shrink I guess. My friend is having her surgery done 3/27. She is on the liquid diet and doing great so far!

YOU ALL ARE AWESOME!

Hello all,

I am new to the site and have been reading info. like crazy.

I am not yet banded. I went to the informational session at Brigham and Women's last week and have an appt. in May @ Brigham & Women's with Dr. Vernon.

I am so nervous. I really want this to happen and yet am scared. Anyone out there live on the South Shore? I would love to get together with you and talk, or e-mail. :help:

Thanks.

Hey all. Everyone seems to be doing so awesome, it is really encouraging.

I am SOOOO excited. I just got my date. It is May 10. It is with Dr. Adam Glasgow at Norwood Hospital. I did the psych eval, nutritionist, sleep study, letter from my PCP. My last step is a liquid diet for 10 days prior to surgery (I'm REALLY) nervous about that. My mouth (and tummy) are not going to like that one. But that's ok. From the sounds of all of you it will definitely be worth it. It doesn't sound like any of you had a 10 day liquid diet prior to surgery. Maybe it is just my particular surgeon. It's all about having the liver shrink I guess. My friend is having her surgery done 3/27. She is on the liquid diet and doing great so far!

YOU ALL ARE AWESOME!

Hey Cindy! Congrats on your date.:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: I had to do a liquid diet for about 10-15 days prior to surgery for shrinkage sake:eek: . I lost about 7 pounds..:clap2: it's not too bad..:) .It's all worth it at the end!!! Plus, if it's gonna make the surgery less dificult all the more to go for it..:) :) .I wish you the best on your journey and keep us posted!!!:kiss2:

Blessings!!