Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Often Do You Weigh Yourself?

I weigh every day.

Why?

Its like a small victory to start the day- its like an "atta girl" every single morning... like a daily inspiration to keep going. Its the reminder that I CAN DO ANYTHING if I have the tools and put my mind to it. Who wouldnt want that?

I have a post-it above my scale of my heaviest weight and I look at that darn number every day before I step on the scale and after and am so proud of how far I have come.

Whatever works for you- work it. Your sleeve & journey is YOURS.

Keep on keepin on- losers! :)

Monday mornings only..and I mark the weight on a wall calendar. I have my progression since my surgery on Jan 12th...the progression keeps me focused on doing well on the plan

I weigh myself a million times a day. I find it fascinating how different things affect the scale. Drinking Water, eating lunch, exercising, whatever. The scale can read 4 pounds up from first thing in the morning. It's kinda neat. But really, I love how the scale is a little bit down practically every morning. This is so much fun! I love watching the weight drop.

With that being said, I know I'll be getting to the point when the weight loss slows down. I've been discouraged in the past and that's derailed my weight loss. I don't want that to happen again. So the scale gets put away when I hit Onederland. I don't want this whole surgery thing to be about LOSING the weight. Ultimately, I want it to be about the weight being GONE. Because I know this fun will end someday. Maintenance will be boring. Better get used to it now.

I hope that makes sense. It makes sense to me anyway!

I'm at goal and maintaining. I weigh every morning. I don't stress about a pound or two, but I'm usually 136 or 137. If I ever hit 140, it's back to Protein only and more time at the gym.

I got fat by not weighing myself and I'm not going down that road ever again.

Who knows? Maybe if I ever get to 140 I'll think differently. 140? That seems impossible to me. I haven't been 140 since high school.

Tell me, how does 140 feel? Does it feel good? Do you ever rub your stomach or legs and think Where did I go? I do that now. Where's my stomach? What happened to my legs? I can't imagine being 140. I'll be rubbing myself all the time!

I weigh in twice a day. Once first thing in the morning and then second before bed.

I too refused to get on a scale for awhile, when I did, last July...... It wasn't pretty

I had gained 30 pounds from my usual 203,

It said 232,I was horrified

That is more than when I was having both of my children!!!

Weighing in keeps me on track, it also motivates me. If I don't lose weight, I know Im losing inches!!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I weigh twice a week. It's usually on Wednesdays and Sundays. I should probably weigh only once a week because I'm not at the positive mindset yet where I can legitimately and wholeheartedly believe that I am okay when I'm not losing weight. Truthfully, I feel discouraged when I don't see the numbers moving in the right direction. I know in my head that eventually the scale will move because I'm doing things right. I know that I have to be gaining muscle because I can see the definition peeking through on my legs and arms. Nevertheless- I do get discouraged. It's weird, I know...

*Raising hand* Another "weigh every morning after going to the bathroom-er" here. I did this before surgery too. I also weigh every night before bed. The first couple of months post op, I truly obsessed about it. Every stall or 1-2 pounds increase had me pulling my hair out. Now, I'm good with it and don't let small fluctuations bother me. I will probably always be a daily weigher.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I too am another "weigh in the buff each morning after I go to the bathroom" and then again before bed. Sometimes I will even weigh during the day just to see how different foods I eat affect my weight. I don't get upset when I know that I have been good in what I eat. But, like several others have said that when I stayed away from the scale was when I was in denial and gained the most weight. I didn't WANT to see the # because I knew it would be even higher than the last time. Now that I'm so close to maintenance, I plan to continue my weigh-in routine. At some point I might become more comfortable with weighing less, but for now this works for me and has for the past year.

I also keep a calendar by my scale strictly for the purpose of marking my weight each morning. I like being able to look back to see how my weight loss journey has gone. I also plan to keep this down the road as a reminder of where I came from to get to goal.

Edited by former_vbg