Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

"yes, I Asked For The Side, Not The Large Salad..."

I have the card, I just prefer not to use it. ;)

I'm reaching a place where I don't look forward to these occasions, of eating out. It's not about the food, it's about how what/how little I'm eating is such a focus. I've used the "I don't feel well" or "I'm not that hungry" excuses, it gets me by, but it's getting old. Has this happened with anyone else?

I have not had surgery. I like to low carb even if not for weight loss, I just feel better when I am not on a carbo binge.

I go to this local place for lunch with my friend all the time. The waitress always get my order right. Whenever it is a waiter, they either argue with me about the order or bring me the wrong thing.

I always order the sesame chicken appetizer and a spicy tuna handroll. The chicken is about 4 ounces of bite sized pieces and the handroll is probably about 3 ounces of rice and 2 ounces of fish. So it is not a huge meal but it is enoughfor me.

Every single time they bring me a sesame chicken and spicy tuna bento combo which is an egg roll, miso Soup, a cup of rice, and cucumber salad. Once the waiter even argued me into getting the combo because "it's cheaper." I wasn't in the mood to fight and the food was already there :(

I think people, especially men, make wild assumptions about your appetite. It pisses me off because I should be able to order what I want without someone upsizing it because I am fat :(

I always find myself saying "please, no sides" or "please replace the mashed potatoes/fries/whatever with some vegetables," only to receive my meal with the sides and/or the aforementioned fries or whatever. It's irritating, since I think wasting food is stupid, but I usually just roll my eyes and ignore it. I've never been charged for a bigger serving, thankfully! That sounds EXTREMELY annoying.

She even had her son courrier over food one Saturday evening when Hunny was in cyprus - fish and chicken, hummus abd babba ganish (sp, I know), falaffel, rice pudding, backlavah, shwarmah with egg, couscous three different ways. lol.

Holy crap, forward it to me next time, yo.

It's because you're cut like Arnie. They're probably figuring, "This for the delts, and give her that for the abs..."

I always find myself saying "please, no sides" or "please replace the mashed potatoes/fries/whatever with some vegetables," only to receive my meal with the sides and/or the aforementioned fries or whatever. It's irritating, since I think wasting food is stupid, but I usually just roll my eyes and ignore it. I've never been charged for a bigger serving, thankfully! That sounds EXTREMELY annoying.

I have one, but have yet to use it when I'm with people other than my husband because he's the only one who knows I had the surgery. And I've done all the tricks: To-go box before eating, sharing with my husband (we do this at most meals), telling them it's quite delicious and I'm very satisfied. Once, we got the bento box at our fave sushi place -- I eat the sashimi and some edamame. The waitress asked if I wanted to order an extra soup/rice since it only comes with one. I was very nice, told her "No thank you, I'm not that hungry" and she brought it anyway. She said, "I don't want you to be hungry!" I was perplexed as though she thought I would get enraged and take it out on her after declining.

Ugh, I know it's something I'll always have to deal with. Maybe it has to do with where I live, customer service seems to be on the decline everywhere I go lately :( not just in the food industry.

I would chalk that up to Americans and their out-of-whack ideas of portions, plus the popularity of review sites like Yelp. People will write a terrible online review for a restaurant unless they get "big food", regardless of quality. More is better. Could the waitress have thought that more food = better tip, or better review? Soup and rice cost next to nothing, but probably make a good impression on most of Americans.

I have no desire to ask for a card or use a card. I just want people to respect my wishes and trust me when I say everything is fine.

Come to think of it, there was a time where we shared an entree, and we both received salads and sides, and it was irritating because we were asked about it ahead of time, and I declined the salad. There was no charge, but why not just listen?

Methinks it's time to try new restaurants. I've never had an issue and we eat out often. The card is a joke. Just ask politely to order from the kids menu. Usually I get a hesitation then I follow it with "I'm a good tipper" and all is well.

There's a trend where I live to charge patrons for splitting an entree. It's popping up in more and more places. How it works: let's say DH orders a $30 entree and it comes with 2 sides. I split the entree with him, and there's an $8 charge. DH receives his standard entree and his 2 sides, on his entree plate. I get an empty plate. Our bill is $38.

It's ridiculous. I could order a side of something for about $4, and eat off his plate as much as I wanted. But if we say, "We're going to share..." there's a fee for that. And most of the time it's a significant fee. $8 for a clean plate to eat off of is ridiculous.

There's a trend where I live to charge patrons for splitting an entree. It's popping up in more and more places. How it works: let's say DH orders a $30 entree and it comes with 2 sides. I split the entree with him, and there's an $8 charge. DH receives his standard entree and his 2 sides, on his entree plate. I get an empty plate. Our bill is $38.

It's ridiculous. I could order a side of something for about $4, and eat off his plate as much as I wanted. But if we say, "We're going to share..." there's a fee for that. And most of the time it's a significant fee. $8 for a clean plate to eat off of is ridiculous.

That is just ridiculous! But it's probably their way of covering the time the waitstaff spends on their table. Also sounds like their portions are (shocking) too big, and rather than address that they would rather pass the buck to their customers.

I've run into the issue of being asked constantly if everything is ok. I do have my card, but I haven't used it yet. Typically when we go out to eat, I order a kids meal for my 1.5 yr old, and nothing for myself. We share her meal, and she gets the drink. Thankfully it hasn't caused an issue... Yet. I know it's only a matter of time though.