Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'll let you all know if my ass turns out like this. I'll even post pics of it....lol

#agirlcanalwaysdream

Ditto

I'm almost 3 weeks post op from my TT and I'm wearing something similar to that garment now.

There a bunch of them here....

http://www.makemeheal.com/mmh/product/tummytuck/garments/index.vm

Even before my surgery, I was wearing something similar for the last year for running. It kept things from flopping about that shouldn't be flopping. Now I'm wearing it under doctors orders for the next month or so.

post-17584-13838396534357_thumb.jpg

I'm almost 3 weeks post op from my TT and I'm wearing something similar to that garment now.

There a bunch of them here....

http://www.makemeheal.com/mmh/product/tummytuck/garments/index.vm

Even before my surgery' date=' I was wearing something similar for the last year for running. It kept things from flopping about that shouldn't be flopping. Now I'm wearing it under doctors orders for the next month or so.

[/quote']

Thanks for this link, too! Looks like they've got a range of larger sizes here, so might be good to start wearing one soon after surgery.

What is the purpose of wearing the garment during weight loss? Is it to help with the loose skin?

What is the purpose of wearing the garment during weight loss? Is it to help with the loose skin?

Yes. Keeps everything tight and prevents it from drooping lower as the weight comes off.

I am wearing surgeon provided compression garments - mine looks similar only it has a "bra" that looks like a matador jacket. I think i would like to wear it if it weren't soooo tight. It is getting less tight as my swelling decreases, i can finally put it on and off by myself...haha... but it is pretty tight. What I like about the one in the link is that it doesn't smoosh the butt like the surgeon provided ones do.

As much as I have complained about the compression garments, I know lots of plastic surgery patients continue to wear them longer... a certain feeling of security especially when they start exercising and stuff.

Hi Shannah,

I had babies, so my tummy has hung. It is hard to buy shirts for me because I am a 1-2x in a shirt and according to the charts a 4x in pants. So what I did is buy some jeans that zipped up but where on the stretchy side. I am not a hip hugger jean kind of lady, so Lees has jeans that fit nicely. I am able to wear a 24 and happy with that at this point.

The hanging has been difficult and emtionally for me to deal with, but recently I have started tummy exercises and have lost about 5 inches. The hang is starting to come up a bit. My legs, oh gosh! They were hanging behind my knees when I stood up, so shorts for me is a no-no. The stationary bike has become my best friend during this harsh winter. That will help build the core of my body along with building strenght in my knees. I had out grown my jeans and put weight back on this year, but they now fit comfy again and looking forward to getting into my other favorite jeans again. Jeans was a big moment for me. My arms, butt and back are not to bad and can be tightened up with work. I think it is all in how you are built. Either way, work out- work out- work out- work out. Working out is a benefit in so many ways.

This gift is wonderful for all of us. I hope you enjoy your journey and best wishes for your goals.

Edited by SilliDazi

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Some days I feel like an infiltrator... I'm participating in society as a "thin" person. They have no idea that I haven't always been one of them! 🤣
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches