Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Light Weight Sleevers With 125 Or Less To Loss

I started at 292 and reached my goal of about 190 (based upon being in the middle of the "normal" range of body fat % for men rather than BMI,) in about seven and a half months. No real stalls, even the dreaded "3 week stall" was just a kink in the loss curve when things predictably slowed a bit - I only had one week when I didn't lose anything. I never made any attempts at keeping "low carb" (wasn't in the plan) but kept the nutrition as balanced as possible beyond the basic Protein requirements - maybe this is why I never really stalled, by not totally going into glycogen depletion mode as Atkins would prefer. I am a moderately heavy exerciser, alternating swimming with strength training for an hour or so per day, 5 days a week.

Thanks Little Bits!!

241 highest weight no pre-op diet and no real loss pre-op. I have a goal of 120-140 depending on how I feel at that time. I was sleeved 4/19 and weighed 204 this a.m. going well so far. I think age and genetics have a lot to do with it to :-/

I am an August sleever. I started at 227, and am at 214 now. Would live to know more info about this same topic. Am praying that I don't have a skin flap on my tummy when I really start to lose as that is where most of my excess weight is.

My start weight was 261 and I am 8 weeks post op and weigh 226. I have been told since we have less to lose we will be slow losers. I have stuck to my 600 calorie in take and lots of Water. I would like to toss the scale into the freeway!!!! All of my clothes are huge and even my bra size went from a 42 DDD to a 38DD. My poor panties roll down when I walk, but the dang scale wont move.

I had a huge stall at week 3 and it lasted until about week 6....so I figure I will hit another stall soon not to mention my monthly will be here in a couple days.

I just wanted to add I think my problem skin areas will be the same areas where I have the worst stretch marks from gaining. Arms and tummy fit the bill, but luckily I don't carry that much extra weight in my tummy ("that much" being a relative term lol)

I originally wanted to lose 90 pounds but due to my 50 pound pre-op weight loss, I would like to lose 45. I am currently at a BMI of 33. A plastic surgeon said the closer you are to a BMI of 30 and under you will not have a problem with excess skin. I think I will have bat wings but will be able to hide my tummy. So far the weight loss has been steady but as I get closer to goal I sure I will slow down. My NUT said there is no reason why I cannot reach my goal between 6-12 months. Hope that helps

Barely squeezed in (pun intended!) into the criteria for this topic. ;) From surgery until final goal, I want to lose 123 pounds, from 273 to 150. Nice, neat number. As of now I've lost 72 pounds in the past 6.5 months, so about 10-12 pounds a month on average thus far. The past couple months it has drastically slowed down. The first month I lost something like 25 pounds and last month I only lost 8.

I was hoping that since I was young, that my skin would "bounce back" more nicely. Sadly, it hasn't. :( I now truly believe it when they say a lot of it is genetics. My mom was over 300 pounds and had the gastric bypass when she was 28, and they had to remove 11 pounds of excess skin on her stomach. My stomach area isn't that bad, just a little pooch. It's my thighs (both inner and outer) and arms that are horrible. I feel self-conscious wearing a tank top (I still do wear them, since it's so hot out) and am trying to do arm exercises to tone that area. I have a feeling board shorts are going to forever be my future swimsuit of choice when it comes to my thighs. :(

My ticker states my birthday goal of onederland, that is under 200 pounds, by my birthday which is in August. Now if only those last two stubborn pounds will come off to make that happen! I've been flucuating between 201 and 205 the past month. I wanted to be at my final goal by my one year surgiversary, but I don't think it'll happen unless my body decides that we're in this together and wants to cooperate!

I started at 240-ish, wanted to be 140-ish. I had surgery in Feb 2011 and was down 90 pounds by Jan 2012. I am not too fussed about the last 10, but hopefully those come off over time. I had a slow loss overall and a lot of stalls, including the current one -- but I'm also not bothered about those very much. For personal reasons, I didn't do any exercise apart from walking till 9 months post-op, and since November I go to the gym three times a week in addition to the walking. Good luck!

My start weight was 261 and I am 8 weeks post op and weigh 226. I have been told since we have less to lose we will be slow losers. I have stuck to my 600 calorie in take and lots of Water. I would like to toss the scale into the freeway!!!! All of my clothes are huge and even my bra size went from a 42 DDD to a 38DD. My poor panties roll down when I walk, but the dang scale wont move.

I had a huge stall at week 3 and it lasted until about week 6....so I figure I will hit another stall soon not to mention my monthly will be here in a couple days.

Thank you Bigkim! You give me hope for my journey that officially starts on July 18th!!

I started at 242 with goal at 135 pounds. It took me 17 months to get to goal. Rate of loss is absolutely an individual thing and you will not have any idea about what to expect until you're in it. I thought I'd be at goal in nine months but I was a slow and fairly steady loser (I had a pattern my body followed, anyway) with two nine week stalls along the way. I refused to do Atkins for life and consume 500 calories a day and 40 grams of carbs or less. I had surgery to break the diet mindset, not continue it. So I ate a more balanced diet and surprisingly, I found it didn't impact my weight loss either way.

I did not exercise and still hate to do it, though I'm working on my arms. I do move around way more than before surgery, though, and I aim for 12,000 steps a day even though I don't do an organized workout routine.

Skin is also completely individual. I had bad skin from the get-go - a growth spurt at eleven put stretch marks all over my body and my twin pregnancy in 2007 stretched me out like crazy. So even with a smaller amount of weight to lose, the loose skin is more than a nuisance. I have to wear Shapewear all the time. So you really can't know how the skin thing will work out for you. Some people say that strength training helps prevent some of the sagging.

I think we tend to lose a bit slower the closer we are to goal in any case, but again, rate of loss is up to your body. There are only a few things we can do to help things along and they may or may not work, anyway!

~Cheri

I was sleeved on April 24,2012

Starting weight:232

Current weight:190

I stalled at 2 weeks post op, but dropped major inches!

Seems like I might be in a stall again, 4 th day no pounds lost, but my clothes are getting baggy again!! I would like to weigh between 140-145.

Sent from my iPhone using VST