Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

...like Beating A Dead Horse... I Know

But I have been at the same weight for approx 9 Weeks. I lasted 1 single entry in the Saturday Weigh in because the scale said I was up 1 lb. .. I am so frustrated I can't stop thinking about it...

I am exercising more than I did before the surgery. But I am snacking WAY too much.. How do I stop snacking?

9 Week stall cannot be normal. . . ..

Sounds like you have identified your problem.... snacking! Can you find an alternative thing to snack on? If you like sweets made some SF pudding and add protien powder to it. Taste is just the same but fills you up quicker and keeps you full longer. If you like salty, could you substitude for maybe some lean deli chicken or turkey or maybe some string cheese? Anything with high protien should help I would think.

If you are exercising more then you could possibly still be losing fat but building muscle which weighs more than fat. Maybe add in some weights to your exercise. good luck!!!!

I am snacking WAY too much.. How do I stop snacking?

Hi SicChl

I am/was amongst the world's greatest snackers - actually we probably all were.

After WLS - i just stopped snacking - simple as that, well not exactly simple. Kindof like a chain smoker - who needed to quit - goes cold tuirkey.

Many many years ago my father went to his PHP - dr. told him if he wanted to see his kids grow up etc. he had to stop smoking immediately, thats all there is.

Thats how i feel about being morbidly obese. After all these years - i just have to stop! No ifs and or buts.

Of course if it were easy, none of us would be obese - i know i could lose the weight, but i never kept it off. I finally came to the realazation (msp) with PHP's help/iinsistance - i must lose the weight.

Thats how i feel about snacking/getting off track. We must survive.

Maybe think of this when you are reaching for that piece of candy.< /span>

Now of course conflict in terms - you can take that piece of whatever - just try and plan ahead for it.

The above might sound a little lame - but this is how i am doing this with the guidance of the sleeve.

Good luck to all us

kathy

Thanks for the replies everyone.. The worst part about snacking and overeating is that I KNOW I'm doing it and I still proceed. It's like a roller coaster. So hard.

thanks again for reading my rant... I just don't know who else to rant to.

What are you snacking on? I was and still am a snacker, but what I snack on has changed. Turkey Jerkey from Trader Joes is a Protein snack that keeps me satiated for awhile. Perhaps some deli meats or a Protein Bar? I use these and I think they are a good alternative to my pre-sleeve go-to Snacks.< /p>

I was stuck on little square pretzels with Peanut Butter in the middle. Doritos, whatever is in the pantry...

I guess I just need to get my head straight and stop it! I hope I didn't stretch my Sleeve out too much already.

:(

I would suggest getting rid of the crap in your pantry. Remove temptation.

...and get it OUT of the pantry. If it's not available, it's not going to go in your mouth! Since I have entirely stopped buying prepackaged snack foods and sweets and now buy only fruits and veggies that's all that anyone in the household grabs in between meals. A favorite for the whole family is frozen fruit - I buy it in the bags in the freezer section, peaches, mixed berries, etc. You have to eat them slowly since they are frozen, they have no added sugar and are very satisfying when you're feeling "snacky". If someone comes over for a bbq or something like that and brings chips, Cookies, junk, I send leftovers back home with them or feed it to the chickens right away when they leave. If it's in the pantry I'll eat it. Dont give up, it's never too late to start over again! We're rooting for you and wishing you the best!!

I am a snacker too, but I am more careful of my Snacks now. I pretty much have to have a good Protein snack in the day to get my Protein goal. Deli meat and cheese is my go to when home. I am a huge Jerky fan and it is a great protein snack. Also love to have a few nuts to get that crunch satisfaction!

It is pretty hard to stretch your sleeve you should be fine.

OK.. 1 night down.. I had cheese Sticks and chicken Breast and a Hardboiled egg. That was dinner and a snack. I kept myself busy outside.. I hope I keep it up.

Thanks for the words of encouragement everyone.. I appreciate it.

Start plugging EVERY bite in to My Fitness Pal. Put it all out in black and white and you will be amazed at how much you're taking in. It's so easy to breathe 50 calories worth of particles out of the air!! HAHAHA. Bring your calories down and start logging. People who use a tracking system tend to stay on track better. (You may do this already, I don't know, but it sure helps me when I feel out of control.)

Wow! The perfect thread for me too! Lol. I did really well not snacking for about a year and a half. Then BAM! Fell back into easy slider snack routine. 10 lbs like that (over a few months). I have realized that at 2 years out I like thin MUCH better than I like cookies! (Well, I Tell Myself that!) lol. Have lost 4 and In the July 4th challenge to lose 10 by then. I agree, keep it away from you! My two grands moved in we and they are little. Yikes! Who knew I liked Scooby Doo Graham Sticks so much! Lol

So now I keep low salt nuts, slim Jim's, boiled eggs, string cheese and reward myself witha high protei, low carb bar once a day, We can and ARE doing this. Best to all

Start plugging EVERY bite in to My Fitness Pal. Put it all out in black and white and you will be amazed at how much you're taking in. It's so easy to breathe 50 calories worth of particles out of the air!! HAHAHA. Bring your calories down and start logging. People who use a tracking system tend to stay on track better. (You may do this already, I don't know, but it sure helps me when I feel out of control.)

Yeah what she said, - I read that people who keep a strict diary of all cals/carbs/proteins lost more weight in x amount of weeks than another group who didn't. The only main thing each group did was track or not track.

Just knowing every single statistic about your consumption can really help you pinpoint your trouble areas. Also - what everyone else said... eat more Protein less carbs.. cause you'll stop having those cravings, and if that fails -- go see your NUT or a Therapist to work out the 'mental' aspect of what is triggering the cravings.

I was stuck on little square pretzels with Peanut Butter in the middle. Doritos, whatever is in the pantry...

I guess I just need to get my head straight and stop it! I hope I didn't stretch my Sleeve out too much already.

:(

Sleeves don't really stretch. They will open up to maybe fit 8 fl. oz instead of 4 fl. oz. over time, but they do not stretch like gastric pouches.

Get rid of the unhealthy carbs and overly processed snack foods and replace with Proteins. How about a slice of deli meat around a dill spear or a small piece of cheese? You can even toast it a bit. I even spread a mixture of avocado and greek yogut or horseradish and greek yogurt on a slice of roast beef and roll it up. YUM! so much better than nasty Doritos.

Sleeves don't really stretch. They will open up to maybe fit 8 fl. oz instead of 4 fl. oz. over time' date=' but they do not stretch like gastric pouches.

Get rid of the unhealthy carbs and overly processed snack foods and replace with Proteins. How about a slice of deli meat around a dill spear or a small piece of cheese? You can even toast it a bit. I even spread a mixture of avocado and greek yogut or horseradish and greek yogurt on a slice of roast beef and roll it up. YUM! so much better than nasty Doritos.[/quote']