Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Send a friend request to april Davis gilley and I'll get u added

For those of you who've already been sleeved, as your incisions healed did anyone get a knot like thing under any of them? I was sleeved July 10th and my incisions have been doing great but I just noticed a knot under the skin right above the biggest incision where they took my stomach out. Its still the most tender of all my incisions...

For those of you who've already been sleeved, as your incisions healed did anyone get a knot like thing under any of them? I was sleeved July 10th and my incisions have been doing great but I just noticed a knot under the skin right above the biggest incision where they took my stomach out. Its still the most tender of all my incisions...

I have a weird "dent" right underneath the right-hand side incision. The doc said they do quite a bit of internal stitching when closing and you are obviously lying down when this is done. Depending on your musculature there may be a change with how the internal stitches pull everything together when you are upright (hence my dent and maybe your knot). It is something they can't really predict and can change from person to person. I don't care- I'd rather have a dent than all the blubber.

Update!

July sleevers surgery dates

July

Smoggy, Patrick Curl, Faganberry, sleevertobe, ChristineS NY, ladyarwenrose, emptynesterpam, Milca, Pattyhdz, Bigdogkc, BeatrizS1974, khernandez72, Nettle, justme360, deetaylor, kia, 4myfamily,

Nabird77 (Gena) , StarshineMama, letsdothis!!!, Christylove, z3djinn, gingersnap70, dar1983,

tonileebre,

Mishy, Beth-n-e,

mizzliz83,Sweetsusie, joyfuljoy,LzL1958,

Shangefan, Gisele3264, ~Donna~, mel2643, Argnewcan, Twhite, jason, vsgchichi, NuStyle,

lacie1221, tjloser, KSDallas, bmooney364, lizzybeth, LauraTarry, aranda510, k8tie1, mary101678,victoriatxgirl,

Mimismom, thinmomsoon, biggiesmallz, DelongH, lowe1961, SkinnySmurf, soontobe1/2ofmyself, JenniJune, stephyfly, JenniJune, canidothis?, Love1296, Tameka, Island Girl,

wyattgsmommy, GI283, Paulson1304, Danielle Beadle, phillygirl8133,vhoke1,

LizEac, juliewantstbthin,

lorijo67,

Mrslittle (Sharnae),

Amyl219, laragarza, Marty McSkinnystein, geno5150, lovelyladynhouston, want2bfit,

misschris, purplekt, lynnz, RainyGirl, evelynvsg,

aleach0003, momoffive, prisytomboy, ButterflyAngel, cindyintenn, juicyr3d, Rafter Jones, Sparky79

Minnie Me, Sleeva, Mommy2three,

fbelle29, MsE, ko22,

PhoenixFire, Texarkolina, Mamaof8, StrangelyNormal, dixienms,

kimbernada, Red597, skowronski777,Red597, mickey1, Trcyprkr70, thin soon, milkD, KS Fort Worth

Tinker, kilzanich, Butterfly7, Jlewis229, justchristy123, CBT

Jrabbit81, Purpleswirlie (& my BFF who isn't on here I don't think)

Ymabme, Vegassleeve,loveoften

newmrsL, Born 2BFree, JaciBear, slim lady, SmartyPants, KikivonMoonshine, luckylady131

Lovemeifyoucan, Carey,

PLEASE ADD/ CHANGE YOURSELF AT WILL

Just copy the list, paste into the reply box, add yourself to the appropriate date, and post. There is another list in the "Hey July sleevers!" thread and it would be great if you could add to that one too.

Thanks everyone!

Best of luck to fbelle29, MsE, ko22 for today's surgery!

For those of you who've already been sleeved' date=' as your incisions healed did anyone get a knot like thing under any of them? I was sleeved July 10th and my incisions have been doing great but I just noticed a knot under the skin right above the biggest incision where they took my stomach out. Its still the most tender of all my incisions...[/quote']

the only incision bothering me was the main one.i went to my post op appt yesterday with the dr after 10 days and it said it will be sore more than others since it ia the main one.it does look a little bumpy versus all the other ones r healing better

Where my port was removed has a huge indentation. And I thought same thing , man they really went to town stiching lol

Send a friend request to april Davis gilley and I'll get u added

Hello April, I sent you a friend request. Please add me to the FB page.

Hello April, I sent you a friend request. Please add me to the FB page.

I also sent a friend request a couple of days ago and havn't had it come back approved.....will you add me too :) thanks!

Hey everyone a question........I am having a really bad pre surgery diet day. I am very sad, mad, anxious and worried about the whole thing. I hate not being able to leave my house and be with friends and family.( We tend to eat to Celebrate things in my family) I did not have to do a straight liquid diet but my dr has me on supplements (protein bars, broth, nasty cookies) haha! anyway I am beginning to second guess myself because I am having such a terrible time with the pre op diet! I am afraid that I will have regrets after surgery because I will not be able to do what I am used to doing,which is not an all together bad thing! At the same time I am completely uncomfortable being the fattest person at every function......everyone else is like a size 2-8. I hate the way I feel fat, but I hope I don't hate being thin at the cost of eating the foods I love! Help! Any suggestions or words of wisdom??? Does everyone go through this? And I feel like poo! No energy whatsover!

Hey everyone a question........I am having a really bad pre surgery diet day. I am very sad, mad, anxious and worried about the whole thing. I hate not being able to leave my house and be with friends and family.( We tend to eat to Celebrate things in my family) I did not have to do a straight liquid diet but my dr has me on supplements (protein bars, broth, nasty cookies) haha! anyway I am beginning to second guess myself because I am having such a terrible time with the pre op diet! I am afraid that I will have regrets after surgery because I will not be able to do what I am used to doing,which is not an all together bad thing! At the same time I am completely uncomfortable being the fattest person at every function......everyone else is like a size 2-8. I hate the way I feel fat, but I hope I don't hate being thin at the cost of eating the foods I love! Help! Any suggestions or words of wisdom??? Does everyone go through this? And I feel like poo! No energy whatsover!

You are very likely to not feel real hunger post-surgery (I haven't yet) and this helps hugely. Being anxious is normal, but it will be FINE. Don't mourn what you won't be able to have- you WILL be able to eat the things others do at dinners and so on- just in a few months,and in small portions. Think about seeing someone to help you to talk through your food issues, and that will help too.Your energy will be likely low until you can get enough Protein in, and exercise, or perhaps it is a side-effect of the glums. Best way to get rid of the glums in my book is go for a walk..

Now think of it this way- this process is a small price to pay for your health isn't it?

Good luck with the surgery! You'll be on the losers bench in no time- rocking that sleeve!

Yes! I have the same thing, I had my one week post op on Tuesday and asked the PA to look at it. She said it was Fluid under that large incision and it would be absorbed. I find that incision is less sore if I use a pillow to avoid too much movement during the day.

Had surgery 7/12, no problems with incisions. Still hurts with every swallow. I think they sewed up my hiatal hernia pretty tight. Just trying to be patient with the process...