Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Much Are You Eating At One Year After Surgery?

my surgeon is strict and he allows (up to) 2 Protein drinks OUTSIDE of the 3 meals.... so you can count those as a "snack" 4th & 5th meal or just plain liquid- up to you.

All those "no snack" rules applied until I reached maintenance, also.

Olderbutwiser - I don't think it's a problem of being hungry, but more of getting all my Protein & nutrients through food eating so little. I guess I'll have to see once I'm on regular food again, but I can see myself having a Protein Drink between meals just to be healthy.

Massindex - that makes me feel somewhat better about things, especially if I don't want to rely on Protein drinks forever because it makes sense to have good Protein Snacks, especially in maintenance.

My surgeon has a nutrionist that maps out the food stages and what we can and should not eat. They want us eating five meals a day. They call the mid-morning and mid-afternoon meals Snacks, but want them to be high Protein like Greek yogurt or cotage chees, cheese sticks or a Protein Drink for now. I'm still in the early stages though so at each appt they will be Checking how I am doing and make adjustments accordingly. Right now they want me to get in 60 grams of protein. I get pretty close to that daily. In a couple of months though I know they will want me to get to 80 grams of protein. I know that I've seen a lot of posts on here from people that say protein with every single meal and eat it first. I'm really enjoying trying new foods that are high in protein (santino's feta, spinach & chicken patties for instance - 21 grams in one patty - get them at Costco) and knowing I'm eating healthy, even if it isn't that much food.

Well, I am 11 months out – what a journey.

My starting weight was 305, I am now 97 LBS. I find myself stuck, so… I wanted to see what others are eating.

7am:

Two egg white, sprinkle of low fat mozzarella cheese

8am:

Cup of black coffee, I have cut out the sugar, spender and milk

9am:

8oz of chocolate whey Isolate Protein and another cup of coffee

11am

6 to 7 oz of the following:

tuna and Cracker

Refried Beans, low fat mozzarella HOT Sauce

chicken and Brown rice

Low Fat Cottage cheese, with green olives and garlic

5pm:

Hand full of heart healthy wheat thins or Cookies

8pm:

Turkey meat loaf 6 to 7 oz

Grilled chicken and rice 6 to 7 oz

Pasta and Sausage 6 to 7 oz

Buba burger with salad 6 to 7oz

9:30pm:

This is not every night but I love ice cream now, my pallet has complete changes through this process. I was a loaf of bread and mayo guy and I am moving away from that completely

I do not drink 30 min before or after a meal, I do time to time have to take a sip of Water (no carbonated drinks for over a year).

Well' date=' I am 11 months out – what a journey.

My starting weight was 305, I am now 97 LBS. I find myself stuck, so… I wanted to see what others are eating.

7am:

Two egg white, sprinkle of low fat mozzarella cheese

8am:

Cup of black coffee, I have cut out the sugar, spender and milk

9am:

8oz of chocolate whey isolate Protein and another cup of coffee

11am

6 to 7 oz of the following:

tuna and Cracker

Refried Beans, low fat mozzarella HOT Sauce

chicken and Brown rice

Low Fat Cottage cheese, with green olives and garlic

5pm:

Hand full of heart healthy wheat thins or Cookies

8pm:

Turkey meat loaf 6 to 7 oz

Grilled chicken and rice 6 to 7 oz

Pasta and Sausage 6 to 7 oz

Buba burger with salad 6 to 7oz

9:30pm:

This is not every night but I love ice cream now, my pallet has complete changes through this process. I was a loaf of bread and mayo guy and I am moving away from that completely

I do not drink 30 min before or after a meal, I do time to time have to take a sip of Water (no carbonated drinks for over a year).[/quote']

97 pounds?

Hopefully that is 197...???

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Hopefully that is 197...???

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I was thinking "down 97" .... Funny how we all can see the same sentence and find different meanings. I didn't even think 197.

Here's a typical day's food for me. I've been eating pretty much this amount everyday since my 1 year surgerversary. :-)

Hello, I will be 1 year on Dec 15th 2017 .

My morning goes : 1 cup of oatmeal with a bit of butter

about a half hour later I will have yogurt with some type of fruit about 6 to 8 oz in total.

I always have my organic coffee with dark chocolate almond milk ( Everyday maybe, twice)

Today I had black bean chili ( Organic) that I made from scratch about 1 cup for lunch.

about half hour later I had another 1/2 cup

For dinner I made gluten free lasagna cupcake style so i will eat two each a half hour apart.

I always have blue bunny ice cream about a cup with two tablespoons of Peanut Butter ( every night faithfully)

Sometimes I eat potato chips or snack on cupcakes, but in moderation.

If I go out to eat , I order normal meals and then take home, it takes about three meals to finish that one.

I never say I can't have something, but I will think if it's the best choice and maybe rethink what is better.

I lost 110 pounds and I'm maintaining right now at about 164 pound my goal weight lose was 175 pounds so I'm 11 pounds under.

The hardest part for me is to eat, I no longer live to eat but eat to live, and the hardest part is to remember to eat because i'm hardly ever hungry.