Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did Anyone Self Pay In The Us?

Dallas Tx here...9550 included everything

PA...$14,125...but insurance paid $5000 of that for a hiatal hernia repair done at the same time....so my cost was only $9,125

Still pre op but having mine done in Conway sc the same place futureskinnypants is the cost $8000 all inclusive the price has since went up but mine is locked in not sure of the price now.

16k in Nebraska. Did not include pre-op but does include insurance if anything goes wrong. My health insurance policy does not cover bariatric surgery.

My insurance has a bariatric surgery exception. The employer is self-funded and does not cover WLS at all, no exceptions. I checked into appealing, but there was no point.

My insurance used to have it all listed out, what they covered, what you had to do to get it covered and now they've taken all that language out. It doesn't say they don't cover it, it just says "f your physician determines the surgery is medically necessary".

I go to my first seminar on Thursday so I will know more then. I have BCBS of IA and the place i'm going to is one of their "Blue Distinction Centers".. So I can't imaigne they would cerifty someone as that and then not cover weight loss surgery. And I definitely meet the BMI guidelines.

I'm just getting all my ducks in a row in case they do deny it and we have to pay for it ourselves.

My insurance has WLS exclusions - nothing is covered under that. We have a small company - and this is typical for smaller companies

My insurance has a bariatric surgery exception. The employer is self-funded and does not cover WLS at all, no exceptions. I checked into appealing, but there was no point.

Mine is the same way they did discuss it but our GM is on a Protein diet and excersice routine and thinks everyone should be the same as him so I'm paying for it myself.

South Louisiana, $14K which included surgeon, hospital, anesthesiologist, nutritionist, testing, and 1 year of follow-ups.

Like Lissa, insurance has a bariatric surgery exception. The employer is self-funded and does not cover WLS at all. Of course, Murphy's Law being what it is, on May 1 our new insurance went into effect which covers Lap Band only, but I was not interested in that option.

congrats

Congrats for having to pay more?? LOL

9,800 in New Iberia, LA

14200 in San Antonio Texas. Covered everything. My insurance covered the sleeve but only if your BMI was over 50. I was 40.2. I chose to just self pay and get this party started... So happy I did. My sister is not covered either and chose to go to Alvarez in MX for 8750. Her surgery is June 1!

$15,500 here in San Antonio. I have good insurance, but my employer didn't have bariatric surgery covered. So I had to self pay.

13,450 in south Louisiana! My Insurance has it written in the contract that weight loss procedures are not covered :(

I am paying 17700 for my revision from lapband to sleeve....it includes 1 year of follow-up care...he charges around 12000 for just the sleeve