Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Read At Your Own Risk...it's About Bms

So I have never been considered "regular" pre-op. I'm almost 6 weeks out. I was going pretty regularly until last Saturday I ate something that gave me diarrhea. I hadn't been since then (yesterday was a week). So I took a laxative last night and just went. My BMs had like white fatty stuff around them, kinda looks like raw chicken skin. WTF is it? Should I be worried? Help!

I would call your doctor and find out that is strange

Depends, what kind of laxative did you use? If you used milk of magnesia, that can cause a chalky white to appear. But it should disappear within a day. I would call your doctor since white and black are two of the worst colors for stool.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Which kind of laxative did you take? Some can draw fatty material into the bowel. You might have just been expelling some of it. Could it have been mucus? That's also fairly common to see with a laxative or odd bowel movement.

Like you, I've never been that regular. When they were telling me "no more than 3 days without a BM" I was like... I don't necessarily go every 3 days now pre-op... are you kidding? My first one post-op took about a week, then about 4 days, then another 4 days. Then nothing, and nothing, and it's been 2 weeks and nothing... I took Miralax and Benefiber, both with Splenda-based apple juice. On the 2nd day I had a large, hard BM. On the 3rd day I had what I would call "pudding" stool x2. After the second one I had a LOT of gas and a LOT of mucus. A LOT. I didn't look at what came out, so I don't know if it looked anything like what you had (I don't even know if it came out with, or just after). But I could imagine a mucusy stool might have a fatty look to it as well.

Aren't our bodies wonderful?? (sorry if the above is TMI, but sharing info doesn't help much if it's censored or euphamized).

Ok, thanks for that info. I suppose it was fat, it looked like a cross between fat and mucous. I took the stimulant laxitive with senna. I might look into taking other types if I get backed up again.

Well it had been a week and I've been eating solid foods. I was just concerned so I took the laxative. Pre-op I would at least go once a week or I could eat a big meal to get things moving. I can't do that anymore. My colon has always been weird. My pediatrician had me on laxative drinks and enemas when I was little.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Theweightisover2024🙌💪

Question for anyone, how did you get your mind right before surgery? Like as far as eating better foods and just doing better in general? I'm having a really hard time with this. Any help is appreciated 🙏❤️
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches