Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

Wow, isn't it weird how every surgeon is different. I have no restrictions and from 4 weeks have been able to eat anything. So thankful that I have no interest in junk food anymore so just eat good quality food now and finally off the cokes which I could never break the habit no matter how hard I tried. No more soft drinks for this girl ever again :)

No I never had any lollies but everyone is different. During my OF I had 2 shakes and 1 meal of chicken /fish and steam vegs every night but I did break it on a couple of occasions on first week :(

I was on fluids and purée food for first two weeks' date=' then moved to soft foods for next 2 then week 4 I could eat anything. I can remember leading up to week 2 post op and couldn't wait to start on scrambled eggs and salmon which was so yummy especially after Soups, yoghurts for 2 weeks.[/quote']

I'm only allowed 2 shakes and non starch veggies and that's it. I got a stern talking to for having some kangaroo the other for dinner. It's very low in fat, high in Protein and Iron, cooked with no oil....so I thought if I'm going to eat something it should be this- but no, not allowed. I am hungry all the time! Post op ill be on fluids for 4 weeks then puréed for 2, then soft foods for 2. Then I can experiment from there to see what I can and can't tolerate. Hey, at least I'll be eating solids by Christmas! Not that I'll be able to eat much.

My sister bought the sugar free lollies today and whilst I didn't go over board I did have a few. I did not take into account that I cannot tolerate chewy (due to artificial sweetners) as it gives me unbelievable gas and diarrhoea. My body has since reminded me why I avoid it like the plague! No chewy for me in the hospital!

Oh and lemon and ginger tea is a godsend to settle my hungry tummy and my very unhappy body at the moment. I will be keepin it stocked post op for nausea! Twinnings band is the best.

I'm sure Lila is ok... Maybe she hasn't gone out to get credit for Internet use or something, I remember she was travelling so we might have to wait until she is well enough to drive :( but I too am missing her!!

Day 3 in hospital.. Was kind of hoping they'd send me home today but looks like it will be tomorrow at the earliest.

Quick question, what were you all drinking post op? I've been trying to get in the litre of Fluid each day but am finding it a bit of a struggle. The jelly is out of the question! Not sure if it's the "sweeter taste buds" or the hospital but it is sickeningly sweet! So am doing a quarter of a cup apple juice and the rest is Water. I like the taste but am scared of drinking too much. I've had three cups over the last three hours.

It's not a full feeling but I can definitely feel the Fluid in my stomach. How will I know when I've had enough?

Hi Everyone, I am almost 4 weeks post op and have moved onto soft foods. From next Tuesday i will be abe to try anything, but I am finding myself in pain/discomfort after most meals, especially dinner, when I am still trying to eat too muchtoo quickly. Any tips?? Sitting here now feeling reaaly uncomfortable after scrambled egg for dinner and waiting for t to go down really feels stuck and fighting the urge to throw up. Want to drink but that will just make it worse. Maybe I just can't eat egg or fish?

Sent from my iPad using VST

Maybe you are a little dehydrated? If you're trying more soft foods then maybe getting less liquid so maybe a tiny sip will do the "flushing" thing to the food in there?

Maybe you are a little dehydrated? If you're trying more soft foods then maybe getting less liquid so maybe a tiny sip will do the "flushing" thing to the food in there?

I am not getting as much Water as I should be but having Water when food stuck seems to make it worse. I finally had a green tea with honey after about an hour and that seemed to help. It's a horrible feeling. I am lamenting how little I can now eat, but know it's for the best. Just hard to get used to.

Hi Everyone' date=' I am almost 4 weeks post op and have moved onto soft foods. From next Tuesday i will be abe to try anything, but I am finding myself in pain/discomfort after most meals, especially dinner, when I am still trying to eat too muchtoo quickly. Any tips?? Sitting here now feeling reaaly uncomfortable after scrambled egg for dinner and waiting for t to go down really feels stuck and fighting the urge to throw up. Want to drink but that will just make it worse. Maybe I just can't eat egg or fish?

Sent from my iPad using VST[/quote']

Kelliv I know it's hard. I did the same thing tonight, just wasn't thinking. Only had a little on my ate but ate way too fast. Took over an hour before that horrible feeling subsided.

It's hard considering how many years we have eaten fast and large amounts. Hope everything else is going well.

Susie good to hear you are doing well.

Lila, hope you are doing well also. Can't wait to hear from you.

Have to share a wow moment with you all. Have any of you bought pants from a shop and you never tried them on just bought them, took them home and they never fit. Then you have great intentions of taken them but but never do. Well that's what I have done a few times but this morning was going through my clothes as all my normal weekend clothes are swimming on me. I thought why not give those 'omg really tight can't even do up pants on' and they fit perfectly without a struggle. Even though they are still a size 26, they are still not at huge as my other 26's.

I can't wait to start getting into all my smaller clothes.

Hi Susie, glad to hear you're going ok.

I was nil by mouth until my 5th day so I'm sorry, I can't help you with the Water, but I can say that I'm nearly 4 weeks out and I don't think there has been a single day since surgery that I have had more than 1L of Water. I've had Protein shakes and tea, but my dr says don't count them. I know how hard it is to get it down.

Are you still on a drip?

I am lamenting how little I can now eat' date=' but know it's for the best. Just hard to get used to.[/quote']

kelliv - I'm right there with you! I'm such a "see food and eat it" person, I know this is going to be tough (when I get there). But won't the world stop spinning if I can't eat ALL of it?? Re-training the brain won't be easy.

Good luck! I am sure you can do it :)

I now donate $30 a month to the red cross because I was feeling bad for all the starving kids in Africa as I was throwing all this extra food out. First step to relieving the guilt.

kelliv - I'm right there with you! I'm such a "see food and eat it" person' date=' I know this is going to be tough (when I get there). But won't the world stop spinning if I can't eat ALL of it?? Re-training the brain won't be easy.

Good luck! I am sure you can do it :)[/quote']

Thank you

Kelliv I know it's hard. I did the same thing tonight' date=' just wasn't thinking. Only had a little on my ate but ate way too fast. Took over an hour before that horrible feeling subsided.

It's hard considering how many years we have eaten fast and large amounts. Hope everything else is going well.

Susie good to hear you are doing well.

Lila, hope you are doing well also. Can't wait to hear from you.

Have to share a wow moment with you all. Have any of you bought pants from a shop and you never tried them on just bought them, took them home and they never fit. Then you have great intentions of taken them but but never do. Well that's what I have done a few times but this morning was going through my clothes as all my normal weekend clothes are swimming on me. I thought why not give those 'omg really tight can't even do up pants on' and they fit perfectly without a struggle. Even though they are still a size 26, they are still not at huge as my other 26's.

I can't wait to start getting into all my smaller clothes.[/quote']

Thank you, I am glad it's not just me. Somehow makes it feel better. Also my weight had really stagnated for the past week. I understand this is normal aroung week 3/4 but still frustrating.

Hi Susie' date=' glad to hear you're going ok.

I was nil by mouth until my 5th day so I'm sorry, I can't help you with the Water, but I can say that I'm nearly 4 weeks out and I don't think there has been a single day since surgery that I have had more than 1L of Water. I've had Protein shakes and tea, but my dr says don't count them. I know how hard it is to get it down.

Are you still on a drip?

[/quote']

I'm off the drip for the first time today. I've had four glasses of diluted apple juice and feel fine. Hoping they let me out of here today!! So bored!!

I gave the nutritionist a call yesterday and he told me to aim for a glass an hour which I'm managing fine. Still weird adjusting to the different feelings inside but I'm sure I'll get my head around them soon!