Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

Shelley, have you been shopping for new clothes yet? I am looking forward to that.

I myself was holding off buying clothes but my size 24 pants just refused to stay up. Am now wearing size 18 and they should last me a few months. I just got a pair of stretchy pants from Target with the yoga folderover style waist band.

You have to learn to listen to your body. There are still times where I tend to OD on my meals and feel really full. Need to retrain the brain.

Yes I think this is the beginning of the mental challenge and retraining. I think this will be the hardest thing for me. Portion Control as always been my main issue

I myself was holding off buying clothes but my size 24 pants just refused to stay up. Am now wearing size 18 and they should last me a few months. I just got a pair of stretchy pants from Target with the yoga folderover style waist band.

LOL, I've bought some stretchy pants too which I hope last for a while.

No shopping yet. But after pulling up my work pants all day yesterday (size 22) and looking really baggy, decided l will pull my wardrobe apart over the weekend and see what I've got from when I lost weight during early days of graves disease (thyroid). I think this is why my weight loss is quite slow with this damn thyroid prob so not going to let it get to me.

Work friends are also starting to raid their cupboards and going to bring in clothes to get me through until I can really go and shop to my hearts content when close to my goal weight.

I cleaned out my wardrobe about 2 weeks ago and threw out sooo many clothes. I've kept some eveningish dresses, not sure why as they'll all be too big, but there's 2 I hope to fit into again by Christmas time, but they might end up swimming on me too by then.

I've been told that the op shop will become my friend whilst losing weight.

You have excellent friends there Shellz helping you out.

Booked my appt. with Dr Taylor today for 3rd September soooooooooooooooooooo excited. Its all happening. Gotta get on with sending off my early release of super bizzo. This is so much better than waiting till July next year. Doing a lil jig right now. Love my wife.

Was that Dr Craig Taylor in Sydney. The OClinic? I met him on Monday. He seems really nice and works with a great team from what I hear.

Don't stress about it all. If you have done your research and are comfortable in your decision there really isn't anything to stress about. If you still have questions to put your mind at rest' date=' now is the time to ask. I think I was unlucky to have drains, as it appears most people don't and the doc will do a leak test, but most types are nothing to worry about. Either way it was only a couple of days discomfort and now after three days I feel great and have no regrets. Take a few deep breaths. You will be fine.[/quote']

thanx kelliv, I have been researching non-stop for 12 months so I think Im as prepared as I can be. Its the nerves setting in :) I cant wait to have this op over & be on the losers bench xx save me a spot :)

Hi all. I am new to the site. I have just decided to have the sleeve surgery.

All your stories have been an inspiration and it seems like you are all happy with your decision.

I had my initial appointment at the OClinic in Sydney on Monday and now I am waiting for a reply from DHS about accessing my super.

Now I have made the decision to have the sleeve surgery it seems like it can't come quick enough. It took me about 3 years to make the decision and now I feel like I have waisted a lot of time.

I would like to know if anyone has had a change in medical conditions since surgery, particularly PCOS and diabetes?

Great to hear you are home kelliv. I have pain drinking and eating for at least the first 5 days. I can't remember when it disappeared. I can now take bigger sips of liquid but eating is still a chore.

I forget to eat, plus I use to have a huge issue with Portion Control, when you start to to eat food, you will actually see how little you can eat then it becomes normal.

I am in the same predicament with clothes, really need to go through my clothes too, trying to wear them as long ad I can. I also have some smaller sizes I have kept, hoping to fit those for a while until I run down to sizes I don't have. I am currently a size 26, but that loose. I have sizes down to 18. Some of those are pregnacy clothes though.

All your stories have been an inspiration and it seems like you are all happy with your decision.

I had my initial appointment at the OClinic in Sydney on Monday and now I am waiting for a reply from DHS about accessing my super.

Now I have made the decision to have the sleeve surgery it seems like it can't come quick enough. It took me about 3 years to make the decision and now I feel like I have waisted a lot of time.

I would like to know if anyone has had a change in medical conditions since surgery' date=' particularly PCOS and diabetes?[/quote']

Welcome Esta,

Congrats on your decision. Good luck on your op. DHS has been good to a few of us so far, me included.

Sorry cant help you with medical condition changes. The only problem I had was infertility. Hoping this fixes that. As was alot smaller when I fell preggers with my son.

Have you got a surgery date?

Kel

Hi Kelli - glad to hear that you are at home. Just take it easy with the fluids, just sip, sip sip. It does get easier in the second week - i think the swelling in side must subside and there is more room. I remember that it seemed like I had only just managed to finish one shake and it was time for the next one!

Hi weight_no_longer - I think all the feelings you are having are pretty normal pre surgery. I remember I was exactly the same, now a month later it is a distant memory and I am just excited to be losing the weight and working on adjusting to my new life.

As mentioned in a previous post, I am feeling a million times better than I was since I started having morning and afternoon tea (usually a petite Miam yogurt for morning tea and a V8 vegetable juice for arvo tea). Not much more but it has made all the difference to my energy levels and just feeling well. I am still having trouble with trying to drink the quantity of Water we are meant to drink but feeling ok. I am also not drinking Protein shakes - I have had enough of those to last me a life time!

I had to laugh because I just went to KMart today and bought some stretchy pants too - track suit pants really - only 15 bucks so they can go in the bin when I go down to the next size! Looks like everyone is in the same boat when it comes to clothes - I can't wait to buy trendy clothes!

I am so happy today as I weighed myself - trying only to do this once a week as I was becoming a bit obsessed and was jumping on the scales every second day - anyway I now have a Bmi of 29 so that has put me down to the overweight range rather than the Obese range. Not too many people would be happy with being overweight but I am delighted! Role on 'healthy' weight range!!!

Just for everyone's info - started my journey at 102kg, had surgery at 91kg, 4 and half weeks post surgery 82kg. Still a way to go but getting there. Now I feel like I have more energy, I can get back to walking regularly - just don't want my weight loss to stall.

thanx kelliv' date=' I have been researching non-stop for 12 months so I think Im as prepared as I can be. Its the nerves setting in :) I cant wait to have this op over & be on the losers bench xx save me a spot :)[/quote']

Good luck weight no longer. The time will fly by and be here before you know it.

Welcome Esta' date='

Congrats on your decision. Good luck on your op. DHS has been good to a few of us so far, me included.

Sorry cant help you with medical condition changes. The only problem I had was infertility. Hoping this fixes that. As was alot smaller when I fell preggers with my son.

Have you got a surgery date?

Kel[/quote']

No date yet. Probably close to Christmas.

Great to hear you are home kelliv. I have pain drinking and eating for at least the first 5 days. I can't remember when it disappeared. I can now take bigger sips of liquid but eating is still a chore.

I forget to eat' date=' plus I use to have a huge issue with Portion Control, when you start to to eat food, you will actually see how little you can eat then it becomes normal.

I am in the same predicament with clothes, really need to go through my clothes too, trying to wear them as long ad I can. I also have some smaller sizes I have kept, hoping to fit those for a while until I run down to sizes I don't have. I am currently a size 26, but that loose. I have sizes down to 18. Some of those are pregnacy clothes though.[/quote']

Thanks I know I will forget to eat and drink sometimes when I get busy. I think I will try and set an alarm on my phone to remind me.

I would like to know if anyone has had a change in medical conditions since surgery' date=' particularly PCOS and diabetes?[/quote']

Welcome to this forum Aussie Esta, we look forward to keep you company on your journey. You will learn so much on this site.