Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Last time I see Surgeon before the big day!

Hi everyone,

I go see my surgeon today to talk about the "big day" . She mentioned a video, wonder what that's all about!

I have a few questions to ask her also!

Anyone else felt really, really nervous right about this time?

Baileym

June 14th EEEKKKKK!!!!!

Hi Michelle,

I think if you didn't feel nervous, I'd be worried!! I know that you are a single mom, like me, and anytime you go "under" there is a huge risk---but Dr. Deol made sure that you were healthy and ready for surgery, so it will be okay!!

Congrats and good luck. Let me know how everything turns out!!

Don't forget to walk, walk, walk, to get rid of the gas.

:cool:

I'll be thinking of you,

Greta

Yes, you have normal feelings! My surgery was 5/26. I thought I was on a roller coaster of emotions. Up one minute and down the next. But you'll do fine. Enjoy the pampering while you can. Best of luck!

Yes, I know I certainly felt very nervous. It's an exciting, but anxious time. Hang in there!

Nancy

The only thing I was scared of was that I ALMOST had a gastric bypass operation!!! The last thing running through my mind before my band surgery (while the anesthisiologist was standing over me) was a panic thought that, "OH MY GOD, I ALMOST ALLOWED MYSELF TO BE MUTILATED." I was awashed by relief over my choice to be banded.

The doctors and hospital staff made me feel very safe and cared for. No, this surgery isn't any fun, but it's also not the worst surgery in the world (by far.)

I'm still a newbie (less than one month post op) but I'd be devastated if my band goes wrong one day. I'm relieved that I have a band. I feel very special and fortunate.

Good luck, remember to smile in your heart and you'll be fine. We're all here for ya!

I saw a movie all about it and it totally freaked me out!

When I went in to speak with the surgeon she asked "did I scare you completely now"?? She was laughing when she said it too! So I felt better.. She then said that she had to show me everything and anything that could possibly go wrong.. The good thing is that the percentage of it going wrong is so low, with that I felt at ease!

I then went on and drilled her for about 1 hour on her (personal experience) and felt MUCH better... She is definitely good at what she does!

We then went to meet with the anesthesiacologist (sp) where we talked about my asthma, heart and muscle disorder. Felt mor comfortable after talking with them too!

So here I am 11 days to go, I am on this special no/low carb thing to help with the surgery, something about shrinking my liver or stuff around it.. Will be interesting finding out more of what I will be able to eat after! I have been cleaning like mad trying to get things in order so I won't have much to do after!!

I can't believe I have gotten to this point, it will be almost 3 months to the day of my first appointment! Been crazy, but worth it in the end!

Baileym

June 14th