Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

***need Your Opinions Everyone***

After losing over 110lbs so far since last July (30lbs until goal), my passion for fitness and helping people has been a huge part of my life in these past couple months....

I'm officially getting my national personal training certification right now and want to know if you guys can give me your input on something....

I will be creating my niche and who my main clients will be and on top of obese and overweight individuals, I want to start training clients that are having a weight loss surgery or has had one....

Would someone (myself) that has had surgery and has lost a good amount of weight be in a great position and be a valuable asset to those types of clients??? Would you hire someone like that??

Thanks everyone

Would love I hear from you guys...

: )

Chris

Absolutely!!!!! MUCH more valuable than someone who has been skinny their whole life! Go for it!!! Market yourself!

Where are you located??

Awesome idea, experience sells. You having been heavy and going through what you have totally sells to someone still on the other side. Congrats to you and you should be very proud of your accomplishments!!! Even ones that arn't quite been met yet. Not only are you helping yourself but helping others is key!!!!

Your amazing!

Yes!!!! I would be much more comfortable having a trainer who knows what im going through. Someone whos been in my shoes. I wouldn't be embarrassed working out in front of a trainer like that. :)

I totally agree with the others. I would be much more inclined to work with you than some skinny minny who's been that way all their life...lol!! Your experience, history, and journey will be such as asset as a trainer. Wish you lived close to me sister!! Good luck, I bet you'll be the best of the best! :D

oops - I just saw your pic - so I meant brother not sister!! :P

Definitely go for it! I said it from the moment I saw your before and after picture that if you'd live closer to me I would definitely hire you to be my personal trainer. Congrats on your success and good luck with your new endeavors

yes you can be empathic to your clts i am a mental health therapist and i was thinking i would like to work with people who have either had or are thinking of having surgery. my dr thought it was a great idea since most of the nut and therapists you meet with prior to surgery have not gone through this experience.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using VST

i will be needing you - my surgery is on May 22nd, but i'm sure i'll need a trainer after. Do you have a plan about when to do this? I'm in Philly area.

I think you should go for it. This is a great thing that you can give to others to assist in their weight loss. I'm going to do some Life Coaching and bariatrics soon. ;)

I think it's very good.....so many trainers have no freaking clue what it's like to only be able to eat limited portions. On the other hand, so many nutritionists don't have any idea what a serious exerciser should eat (e.g. much higher Protein than your regular person). Also, a formerly overweight person would have a good idea of the limitations associated with excess weight - e.g. expecting an obese individual to do a pull-up is ridiculous, so you have to be creative and come up with variations on bodyweight exercises so that your clients get stronger in preparation for advancing to the next level.

Definitely helpful...it is good to emphasise with clients and be aware of the various stages that they will go through. I remember I started with a trainer and 4 weeks post op, and I explained to her my doctors restrictions on exercise and run through the surgery...my trainer was amazing about it but it would have been good to have some who just knew.

You are definitely a walking endorsement for your skills.

yes just as long as you remember where you started, where you have been and what it was like. I do feel that sometimes people forget.