Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Delaware Sleevers- Chrias-Christiana Hospital

Hey guys

I am from Delaware and I'm pre-op . I just did my 4th NUT class next month I do my life skills classes . I have done all my appts. Just waiting on my sleep test to get done . I am so anxious can't wait for surgery. ( oh my surgeon is Dr.peters) I wondering if I seen some of guys at the classes!!

Hi millierock! Congratulations to you! Dr. Peters is also my Doctor. I just had my second lifeskills class and I have my last one next Wednesday. I have 1 more NUT classe the 1st week in March. Where in Delaware do you live, I live in Bear. I am so excited to finally be getting this done:)

I too am working with Dr. Peters and I think he is awesome. I am currently waiting to hear if I am approved for surgery from my insurance company. It has been almost 2 weeks and I am on pins and needles.

@@millierock I guess that would all depend on the insurance company. I've heard of some people on this site who have had responses by the next day. When I spoke with CHRIAS they told me it should be another week or two.

@@redvet I'm doing great, thank you and I live in Townsend. How are you doing with your journey?

@@redvet I'm doing great, thank you and I live in Townsend. How are you doing with your journey?

I'm doing good, I just want to have the surgery and lose this weight. I have my last lifeskill class this week and I have 1 more nutrition class next month. I have to see the Nurse Practitioner and my surgeon next month, BCBS requires so much! I have done all my labs and the cardiologist and pulmonary Doctor cleared me already. It's the waiting that gets me. Let's keep in touch and cheer each other on, it's nice having someone to go through this journey with.

@@redvet I just found out that my insurance company has no record of my chart. I called CHRIAS and they said that it may be in review and possibly the agent couldn't see it yet. That's odd because it was submitted on the 3rd. Now I'm really nervous. A rep from CHRIAS is supposed to call me back after they check on the status with the insurance company and I hope it's a positive one.

@@redvet I just found out that my insurance company has no record of my chart. I called CHRIAS and they said that it may be in review and possibly the agent couldn't see it yet. That's odd because it was submitted on the 3rd. Now I'm really nervous. A rep from CHRIAS is supposed to call me back after they check on the status with the insurance company and I hope it's a positive one.

That's crazy! You know you have been through everything and the paperwork is somewhere, even so, they have copies thank God. Keep calling because it's their fault and you don't want your surgery held up because of someone else's mistake. I believe everything is going to work out for you.

Fingers crossed for u!!

Hey millierock how you doing?

Hi Jerseygirl0519.

Close enough lol. So you are preparing for surgery in March..Congrats on your decision. I had my sleeve in Aug. 15, I will be 5 months on the 21th. It has been life changing. I am sure you are excited and scared, I had so many mixed emotions. I am short also, so, my weight really pulled me down. At first, I lost 35lbs. Now it kind of slow but steady. As long as do what your surgeon and dietitian says, it is really amazing how the weight falls off. I messed up during the holidays and gained 4lbs. So, I had to go back to Protein shakes and lot of Protein (eggs most of the time). Back on track. Wishing you luck..Please let me know how you are doing.

Blessings from Delaware..

Hey Theresa 64 how you doing?

@@millierock Thanks. I have my toes crossed too. LOL.

I just a call from CHRIAS and I have been approved. My surgery date is March 1st. I am so excited I don't know what to do with myself. I have to start my Optifast tomorrow so wish me luck. Thank you all for you positivity. I know it helped me along this journey.