Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I got on my scale this morning and it said 396.8..I was a little confused because that would mean 10 pounds in a week...hard to believe..so I got off, let it reset and the got back on...then it said 398.0..still not trusting it I repeated the get off, reset, get back on...4 more times...never getting the same number twice. So I settled for the highest number that appeared of 400.8...but secretly I am hoping that the 396.8 is right! I so want to be below 400! I am scheduled for my 6 week followup tomorrow and his 6 week goal for me was 408 which I passed last week! My personal 6 week goal was 40-50 lbs lost which if my scale was right this morning means I met my goal! Any advice??

We must have the same scale... the same thing happens to me! It is very frustrating and yelling at it does not help much either! I feel my scale has a very cruel sense of humor.

RIGHT! I am so annoyed with it! I am going to replace the batteries...maybe that will help? lol. I don't want to wait to know what the doctor's scale says because it will be later in the morning, I will be fully clothed so I KNOW it will be more than my actual weight!

I should buy a scale right!? LOL...

I hate scales...i hate numbers! I am pre-op so that makes sense...

whatever you do stay consistent i guess...if you go with the higher number always go with the highest number and do the rest thing a set 4 times all the time. maybe that will help with better tracking?!

LOL... well, one AM, I jumped on the scale before it zeroed properly and I saw a 15 pound lose.. Then, I was like.. RIGHT... but I was down a few...

It's okay.. Inches are flying off... I'm 325 pounds and wearing a some 22s!! You're doing great and the pounds will be melting away before you know it!!!

I had the same thing happen recently. I weighed myself and thought I had lost 10 pounds in a week but I kept getting different numbers. I ended up replacing the batteries and had my bubble busted when I realized I had only lost 5 and the numbers were consistent.

I usually weigh 3 or 4 times in the morning and find that my first weight is higher, but only by a pound or two. Never several pounds. The other 3 times of getting off and allowing it to reset results in the same weight. Maybe I need to change my batteries too!

Ahhh, don't play that mental game with yourselves. It is so easy to weigh yourself 20 times a day, but what does that do? For me I start to feel worse and worse and begin to obsess. I told myself I can weigh myself once a week, but if I go to the doctor that's the weigh in for the week. I didn't weigh myself for 2 weeks after surgery, I waited for my doctor visit. Even though it was after work with clothes. Last week I weighed myself. This week, since my nut's office is at my doc's office I'm going to get weighed there. I know it's hard, but I can't allow myself to obsess over the scale. I want my clothes bigger, then I'll believe.

So the stupid scale is acting all retarded again! I have been weighing at night and in the morning just to see what the differences are and tonight the scale is saying I lost damn near 9 pounds....new batteries will be bought tommorrow!

My advice? Stay off that stupid, lying, cheating, icky, nasty, retarded scale!!! It does nothing for us except make us obsess about a number. :)

It actually pushes me to be better...it pisses me off sometimes but it makes me want to be better about what I eat...during my cycle I don't weigh at all..so I think it balances out.