Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I The Only One That Is Never Sure If I Am Full?

I am a little over a month March 12th was my surgery. Some days I feel a fullness and others... nothing. I often wonder if my sleeve is even small enough, seriously. One day I will eat a little and think OHHHH boy thats enough and other meals, I eat 3 oz (chicken salad for example) and feel like I could eat more. I also find it odd that if I make a Protein smoothie (crushed with ice) I dont really feel it hit my empty stomach like I used to... I am wondering when that feeling will come back if ever... and if it will then maybe I will feel what the heck is going on in there as far as food goes. I dont want to stretch things but I also wonder if I am good a reading what is going on yet... any thoughts?? Thanks in advance.

I was sleeved on march 26th and I thought I was the only one having difficulty with this. Sometimes I feel full all the time and don't want to eat at all but force myself at mealtime. Then other times when I sit down and think I should only be able to eat 2 ounces of yogurt I can eat 4 or 5 ounces with no problem. I feel like I have not learned my new stomach yet and right now I am just playing a guessing game. So what I have been doing is just setting a schedule and measuring everything and staying under 4 ounces since that is supposed to be the capacity of my new tummy and keeping my fingers crossed that I will learn the new tummy in time.

Me too!! I'm one month out and for the past few days I've been hungry and eating what seems like way more than I used to, I don't feel the fullness anymore, I just stop eating because I'm scared of stretching/over eating. Glad I'm not the only one! I also just broke a 10 day stall today, lost a whopping half pound! ( insert sarcasm here) I'm really starting to get discouraged :(

Me too, I have even started to go to the gym and spend over an hour on the elliptical, I also joined myfittnesspal in order to keep track of what I eat seeing I am worried that these little bites I seem to take may be adding up. I have lost 20 pounds total (but 7 was for the week BEFORE surgery liquid diet). I see all of these people losing so much and I am wondering what I am going wrong. Jenn I think I will just do what you are doing with the measuring even if I dont feel full, only eat what I measure. Now 13 pounds in a month isbt bad BUT lets not forget we were on liquids for the week after surgery and I dont know about you guys but I ate NOTHING the almost 3 days I was in the hospital.

Sleeverella, I know what you mean. I was only in hospital a day but even when coming home I was on Clear Liquids almost a week and a half. The to full liquids and last week mushies. I have lost a total of 17 pounds since surgery (21 days) I think my expectations were a little too large. I have not been cleared for any exercise yet but I do walk daily. I use myfitnssspal as well buy not sure what to set my calories at yet. Going to discuss that with my nutritionist when I see her know the 24th. Seems like I stay around 600-700 with what I am eating now. How about you?

I am about 700 sometimes I can get to 800, what are you eating for each meal? I try to work at least 400 off I hope I am doing this right, I just am not sure somedays. I am stephnwright on myfittnesspal if you want to add me

Added u on MFP. Like today I had a boiled egg for breakfast. 1/4 cup homemade tuna salad made with Greek plain yogurt and I haven't had dinner yet. Then I usually throw in 1-2 Protein Shakes somewhere during the day depending on how much I am lacking on Protein grams. But then again, I'm still on soft stuff too.

Hey. It's a lot easier to eat yogurt and can get more in. The time u will feel ur restriction with more dense things like Protein. Mushies and stuff are easier to eat more. You all are doing just fine. Keep it up and enjoy ur new journey. ;)

This journey is quite amazing so far!!

I was just "promoted" to the next food level and since my info is rather lacking, I been 'researching' what's after full liquids...... so in my research, I just read this: "It takes 6-9 months (possibly longer) for your new stomach size to stabilize and allow you to determine your normal meal amount."

Yes I been ravenous lately and I thought wth? You aren't supposed to be hungry on a sleeve, they cut the gherlin out.... is this emotional eating? But per what I put in quotes above, no ladies (and gents) we aren't just emotional eaters, we haven't tummy-stabilized yet.

My reading included this tidbit: DO NOT OVEREAT.... your tummy can only hold 4-6 ozs at a time after surgery. Just saying..... hope that helps y'all. It made me feel like phew. Oh and I was stuffed tonight. Scrambled an egg with mozzerella (to increase the protein) and after 3 to 4 bites, I was done. Go figure.

I agree it has been amazing! Mayne I should try the boiled egg for Breakfast, some days I skip it or I do a Protein Shake. I am a lapband revision and getting to eat breakfast is new to me. :)

I was just "promoted" to the next food level and since my info is rather lacking, I been 'researching' what's after full liquids...... so in my research, I just read this: "It takes 6-9 months (possibly longer) for your new stomach size to stabilize and allow you to determine your normal meal amount."

Yes I been ravenous lately and I thought wth? You aren't supposed to be hungry on a sleeve, they cut the gherlin out.... is this emotional eating? But per what I put in quotes above, no ladies (and gents) we aren't just emotional eaters, we haven't tummy-stabilized yet.

My reading included this tidbit: DO NOT OVEREAT.... your tummy can only hold 4-6 ozs at a time after surgery. Just saying..... hope that helps y'all. It made me feel like phew. Oh and I was stuffed tonight. Scrambled an egg with mozzerella (to increase the protein) and after 3 to 4 bites, I was done. Go figure.

Thanks for the info!!! I am going to measure so I am SURE I am safe.

Don't be too hard on yourself, but yes, we all are learning to keep it in check. Best to you all .... I am rooting for each one of us to be successful!

I agree it's difficult to know. I'm trying to listen to my body. Sometimes I burp or hiccup. I do find the slower I eat the more I can eat. My burp comes even ten minutes after I stop, so slow is best. Today was the first time I angered it, I ate 2tbs chicken, 1 tbs veggies, and was going for mashed potatoes because my eyes wanted them. It was fine until the last two bites, I ate way too fast and it hurt. I thought I might throw up or get slimes, I didn't know what I had done. My esophugus hurt and I may have had reflux or heartburn so I laid down and got through it. It wasn't that bad, but lesson learned.

I agree that slower definitely helps. I just get frustrated at how my food gets dried out because I have to reheat the small portions because i take so long.