Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bariatric Cooking Classes

I am really excited, my surgeons NUT and a local hospital has banded together to give bariatric cooking classes! the classes are fairly inexpensive and will teach us how to cook all kinds of healthy yummy foods that taste good as well. We have a community kitchen that was shown on tv a few years ago (anyone heard of Jamie Olivers food revolution? I live in the unhealthiest city in America) Last night was our support group and they gave us a preview of what the classes will intail. We made roasted chicken with peppers and onions, mashed yams and a fruit parfait. I cant wait. Im not the greatest cook and not very creative in the kitchen i usually cook the same few dishes over and over, i want to get a lot more options in my cooking.

Although i got in trouble cause i kept asking, "and how many carbs are in that?" My NUT finally said "oh your one of the carb nazis huh?" HHAHA. SHe told me to up my carbs to 80-90 (GASP) and raise my calories atleast 100-200. I said sure ill eat more calories, dunno about carbs though. Im still on losing 20 pounds a month 3 months out.

I love that show, and the cooking classes are a great thing if you have access to them. It took me several years of low carb dieting and several years of having a lapband to build up a decent menu of bariatric/low carb friendly meals. I wish I would have had such an outlet (I LOVE cooking).

I have lechon asado in the crockpot as we speak, and my dinner will probably be hummus and ice chips. :)

This sounds so delicious! I don't really like cooking anymore because I can't eat that much and my family pretty much are into the fast food track! I keep telling them about needing to watch their diets but they don't listen. :( Anyhow, I love my sleeve and that my hubby and son eat all my left overs. ;)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches