Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Frequently Asked Questions

I didn't get a response but the watery stools stopped on day 7, I still have them some but not as much and as unexpectedly as before.

Thank you!

I didn't have watery stools..fortunately! I had my surgery Nov. 2nd and it seems some days I can eat more than I think I should be able to considering 90% of my stomach is gone...but other days its not as much. My biggest problem is forcing myself to drink the Protein shakes...even though I've found one that tastes really good (UNJURY) I'm just not he type that sits around and drinks liquid all the time...not even Water. So getting the protein in has been a struggle!

Thank you! Most of my questions were answered right here and I feel about 1000 times better and CALMER!

so very helpful! thanks!

Thank you gives me an Idea of what to expect.

I know that they warn of watery stool but I personally didn't experience it. It was the other end of the spectrum that bothered me. Today my dr. ofc wrote me rx for something to help me go! Oh an advised to let it run its course.

I do recall reading about this issue on this forum so check some of the other sections.

Thank You so much for answering questions I hadnt even thought of!

2-3 weeks before returning to work?! I was only planning to take off 5 days. My doctor made it seem like I'd be fine and dandy. Is this true? Will I need to plan for more time off?

2-3 weeks before returning to work?! I was only planning to take off 5 days. My doctor made it seem like I'd be fine and dandy. Is this true? Will I need to plan for more time off?

My doctor told me that he expects me to be back at school in a week. I hope its not much longer than that.

2-3 weeks before returning to work?!

bolivister

i see your DOS is 1/30/13 :)

as far as length of time off from work??? varies with all

sorry, but no one can give you a definitive answer, not even your doc

the one thing we have in common, is that we're all different. ;)

some people feel fine almost immediately - 3-5 days already back at work. others take one - two weeks, or more off

put in for your time off, maybe 2 weeks to be on the safe side :)

if you feel ready to go back earlier, go for it

if you are still exhausted after 2 weeks or so, take more time off

you need to re-cup after this major surgery. if you go back to work too early, you could relapse with your recovery

of course, these above situations need to be discussed with employer pre-WLS

good luck

speedy recovery

thank you answered some questions. Nice to hear from someone gone through it.

Hi everyone. I was wondering does everyone have a drain after the surgery? Cause I've read a couple of stories and some mention a drain some don't.