Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are There Any Single Sleevers Out There..

Yes single. Flirting is fun now that I understand who is flirting, that took a while.

That is an important safety tip. ????

Yes single. Flirting is fun now that I understand who is flirting, that took a while.

haha I'm in my 30s and newly single. I have no idea what flirting is. I was at the grocery store and a guy started chatting with me. When I left I was like wait, was that flirting?

i met my husband when I was 21 and was with him for 12 years. I have no idea how to flirt or how to recognize if someone is flirting with me

newly single as well. my divorce was finalized last month. I'm not looking for a committed relationship, just someone to talk to and hang out with. I would love something simple as a coffee date at a coffee shop, or just to have a drink. I've been out the dating game for over 7 years so I feel a bit awkward about dating lol. I'll get my bearings in due time lol.

I'm 31, always been single, and still can't detect flirting. Do women actually with guys or is this just something guys are supposed to do? I have to be honest, I would rather poke a hornets nest with a stick than approach strange women at a grocery store and flirt with them.

I'm 31, always been single, and still can't detect flirting. Do women actually with guys or is this just something guys are supposed to do? I have to be honest, I would rather poke a hornets nest with a stick than approach strange women at a grocery store and flirt with them.

Learning to flirt is a skill. It can be learned, honed and practiced. Once you demystify it can become fun. It get's creepy (IMHO for women in particular) when you take it too seriously (this is "all or nothing"). Practice just enjoying time with your fellow human's. (One guy suggested taking notes after each flirt attempt, with the idea that with better feedback, you get better).

I am introvert. But I have learned to be an outgoing introvert. I have learned to make it fun. It wasn't easy, but I now have a good time with it. Get comfortable with the idea that you can look like an idiot to a complete stranger and realize, "they don't really care and it will not effect my life at all." And that is reality.

I don't really know how to flirt or what constitutes as flirting. I was just hoping to find a woman that didn't need flirting or pickup lines. Then I'm not perceptive enough to know if she is interested or not or if she is even single. I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact I'm going to be single. Unfortunately there isn't a surgery for that.

I don't really know how to flirt or what constitutes as flirting. I was just hoping to find a woman that didn't need flirting or pickup lines. Then I'm not perceptive enough to know if she is interested or not or if she is even single. I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact I'm going to be single. Unfortunately there isn't a surgery for that.

Don't give up! You don't need to flirt or have a pick up line! Just relax - talk to people like they're a friend - and see what develops. Have a friend introduce you to a woman. No need to be someone else other than the true you!

I don't have many friends. I did approach girls when I was in high school. Back then I was much thinner and even somewhat athletic as I played baseball. I got ridiculed when I revealed I was interested in a girl and pretty much shut myself off from society hence why I gained so much weight. Most of the people I talk with at work are women but they are all married or in serious relationships. I really liked using eHarmony because they guide you through approaching women. I did meet someone through there and it was ok. Now every one of my matches are in Canada. Maybe that is a sign?

@@sgc get a coach. Your confidence will improve as you take control of one area of your life. Take advantage of it and expand into the other areas of your life

I'm not trying to flirt in the grocery store.......yet these random encounters seem to occur.

At 47 I have certain....shortcomings that are age related. The worst of them shows up all the time in grocery store.

I've had more than one occasion where a good looking woman saved me from my quandary.

The shortcoming is my vision. I'm still great to drive, shoot and otherwise live......but gotta wear reading glasses to read smaller print. I refuse to carry my reading glasses around with me.

I was struggling reading a label on some coffee creamer....trying my best to live on the edge with trying new stuff....yet wanting low carb. I hear a, "Wanna let me give you a hand with that ??" and I look over and it's an angel who has swooped in to save me. We had a nice conversation and I was made aware of some good options. Turns out we go to the same gym and know some of the same people.

My label reading angst has been noted a time or two since then. Funny stuff. Out of a weakness.....comes opportunity.

The grocery store.....from 3pm-5pm weekdays the gals come in after their gym trips. 5pm-7pm they come in from work in their cute scrubs or skirts & heels.........the grocery store is new singles club, lol.

Not that I know a damn thing about any of this.........

I'm not trying to flirt in the grocery store.......yet these random encounters seem to occur.

At 47 I have certain....shortcomings that are age related. The worst of them shows up all the time in grocery store.

I've had more than one occasion where a good looking woman saved me from my quandary.

The shortcoming is my vision. I'm still great to drive, shoot and otherwise live......but gotta wear reading glasses to read smaller print. I refuse to carry my reading glasses around with me.

I was struggling reading a label on some coffee creamer....trying my best to live on the edge with trying new stuff....yet wanting low carb. I hear a, "Wanna let me give you a hand with that ??" and I look over and it's an angel who has swooped in to save me. We had a nice conversation and I was made aware of some good options. Turns out we go to the same gym and know some of the same people.

My label reading angst has been noted a time or two since then. Funny stuff. Out of a weakness.....comes opportunity.

The grocery store.....from 3pm-5pm weekdays the gals come in after their gym trips. 5pm-7pm they come in from work in their cute scrubs or skirts & heels.........the grocery store is new singles club, lol.

First of all, I love your posts! Also, I thought you were married??

Anyways, I worked in grocery stores for 12 years - fat, skinny, slightly overweight, pregnant ... And I have flirted and been flirted with all along the way! (Boy it has gotten me in a lot of trouble!). Flirting has always come natural to me - just talk, be witty, smile, maybe a tilt of the head, a step in closer, a light brush on the arm. Truth is, flirting isn't about whether you are fat or skinny - it's about confidence. People are attracted to confident people. Be proud of who we all are - which happens to be that WE ARE ALL AMAXING!! Embrace your new confidence with the pounds you shed, and start flirting!!! Witty and a good smile is how I catch a guy's eye ... And if they are not receptive ... Their loss!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

First of all, I love your posts! Also, I thought you were married??

Anyways, I worked in grocery stores for 12 years - fat, skinny, slightly overweight, pregnant ... And I have flirted and been flirted with all along the way! (Boy it has gotten me in a lot of trouble!). Flirting has always come natural to me - just talk, be witty, smile, maybe a tilt of the head, a step in closer, a light brush on the arm. Truth is, flirting isn't about whether you are fat or skinny - it's about confidence. People are attracted to confident people. Be proud of who we all are - which happens to be that WE ARE ALL AMAXING!! Embrace your new confidence with the pounds you shed, and start flirting!!! Witty and a good smile is how I catch a guy's eye ... And if they are not receptive ... Their loss!

Yes, married.

But am alive and well.

Not the iniator.....just a dude buying groceries......

I'm not single but I do find a lot of men approach me at costco post surgery. I also find men in produce department and meat department at the grocery store.I have been told I'm flirtatious without even trying. I do find myself putting a ring on my wedding finger to ward off attention.

I make sure I don't talk to anyone at the gym. Because that's my regular hangout and I don't want any awkwardness.

What's everyone up too

Single , single and single......