Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am only 2 weeks out from surgery but I m thinking ahead and wad curious if crackers are off limits? My favorite snack s cheese and crackers and I know I can have the cheese so what about the crackers?? Anyone out there eatin crackers?

Not at 2 weeks out. They would be very dry for your stomach. I was on liquids for the first 3 weeks, pureed for 3 weeks, mushies for 3 weeks and then semi solids. Even at 5.5 months post op, I can basically tolerate moist meats. Don't push it, it will happen soon enough. Just play it safe. Your doing great so far. Keep it up! ;)

I tried crackers at about 4 weeks out. I ate two with some canned salmon. They went down no problem. Then that night I scarfed down 7 crackers without thinking about it...and the next night. I decided that crackers are a trigger. No more crackers for me whether they go down easy or not.

Sorrry. Not much of an answer.

I eat crackers ALL the time! They are great for a meal/bread replacement. I eat a lot of multigrain ones and Triscuits. With hard cheese, spreadable cheese, deli meat, chicken, etc. I can eat about six triscuits with some cheese. Four with meat and cheese. I put veggies on them, olives, cucumbers, pears with cheese. Mini pizzas on triscuits zapped in the microwave for a few. The possibilities are endless. I try to do low carb most of the time, but I think crackers are great, especially the higher Fiber ones.

But not at two weeks. Wait a few weeks till you can have solids. You'll be surprised how many (few) will fill you up ^_^

Forgot to mention...be careful of 'slider' crackers - those with no nutritional value, like saltines, goldfish, oyster crackers. You can eat a lot of those and they are a slider food, which means you can eat more than you think and they're a nutritional wasteland and bad for weight loss (like chips, popcorn, etc). Will drive up your glucose and insulin levels. Make the crackers you do eat 'worth it' if you know what I mean. Read labels for Fiber and Protein, there are so many good choices out there now!

I eat crackers ALL the time! They are great for a meal/bread replacement. I eat a lot of multigrain ones and Triscuits. With hard cheese, spreadable cheese, deli meat, chicken, etc. I can eat about six triscuits with some cheese. Four with meat and cheese. I put veggies on them, olives, cucumbers, pears with cheese. Mini pizzas on triscuits zapped in the microwave for a few. The possibilities are endless. I try to do low carb most of the time, but I think crackers are great, especially the higher fiber ones.

But not at two weeks. Wait a few weeks till you can have solids. You'll be surprised how many (few) will fill you up ^_^

I havent eaten much as far as carbs unless it is in vegies but I had some bimbo toast with egg salad on it...yum! I am sure crackers will be fine in a bit for you.

Even at two weeks out, I had a couple saltines with creamcheese. It worked because I chewed SUPER slowly. Try that, maybe!

I'm at 4 1/2 weeks post op and I get those tuna or chicken salad kits and make those an I have been able to eat the whole kit.. It's like 5 whole grain crackers and like 3 oz of tuna or chicken and its 18-22 gm of Protein. I've been enjoying them! No problem here with the crackers by themselves or with the meat! They are always right by the cans of tuna and it's an easy way to fit in a lot of protein in one meal!! (my slider is cheez-it.. Bad bad me) I'm gonna have to cut myself off!

Thanks guys! Yeah I am def. Going to wait until next week but I am looking forward to seeing how well I can tolerate them. I am having one of those I really mss eating days but then I think of how. Ave lost 14 pounds in 13 days and I am reminded if why I dd this!! Xoxoxo

I am just over 2 weeks out and I am allowed to eat crackers as long as a chew them well. They sit just fine with me, just gotta make sure I don't eat too many since they are more of a slider food.< /p>

crackers are a slider food for me. I need to stay away from them! Everyone is different. You'll know..'Did I really eat that many!"

good luck I love my sleeve!!!!!

I waited until 4 weeks out then ate melba toast, per my NUT. I can't eat more than 2 or 3 & I usually put some cream cheese & smoked salmon on them, or slice a babybel & a little ham so it's getting Protein in & melba toast has some protein too. Go easy at first & def chew it up realllly well! Good luck!

I love club whole wheat crackers 4-5 of them. They tend to break down easy when you chew them

I like the seasoned Rye Krisp, or Wasa crisp breads. But, I can usually just have one, maybe two of the Rye Krisp. At your stage I was still on liquids but at the three week mark I was able to add a cracker to my Soup. I still remember the joy of cracker day! Maybe try adding the cracker to soup for now?

Crackers REALLY fill me up. My sleeve us very restrictive--3 crackers with ANYTHING on them are a full meal for me. If they are supposed to be a slider, somebody forgot to tell Tiny Sleevie! Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using VST