Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So my surgeons office is usually on point. My last appt was march 15th and I was told my paperwork would be submitted either that Friday latest Monday. Here it is Thursday, and no word so of course I called. The receptionst said they would call me back... That was 4 1/2 hours ago... They are open until 7pm but I'm just so anxious. I am having my sleeve performed by Dr Muhammad feteiha (he's super cool). As I said before I am tentatively scheduled for April 9th. My two week liquid diet is supposed to start Monday... Guess I'll start it just to get a feel and get a head start just in case I am approved!!!

Call your insurance company yourself. I got tired of waiting for my surgeon's cronies (I am not known for my patience, and at that point had already been delayed about 4 months) and had my insurance company on speed dial. Just tell them your surgeon's office was supposed to have submitted a surigcal preauthorization and you wanted to make sure it had arrived.

Did that this morning lol. They said they had nothing yet. It could take a week to show up in the system. So Monday I'll be calling both again unless I get some kind of response today... I'm hoping my surgeons office sent it off.

I'm sure you will, but stay on top of them & be your own advocate. I trusted my surgeon's people to get it done properly, and as a result my approval took over 4 months longer than it needed to.

Go on your liquid diet first, so you're grouchy when you call. ;)

(I ended up driving to my surgeon's office and surprise visiting the coordinator. She didn't appreciate it, and I didn't care. After that, she called me within 5 minutes each time she faxed something, and I always called to confirm they had received.)

That exact same thing happened to me. I was tentatively schedule for April 4 and my preop diet was about to start. I was calling the insurance company for a week and they said they haven't received anything. On Monday (of this week), I called my surgeon's office. Tuesday the surgery coordinator called back that morning telling me everything was in and they had it. She said that sometimes it's not noted in the system until it is up for review. On that same day, two hours later, I received a call that I was approved. The next day is when my preop diet started.

Good luck!! Hang in there!!

atkinsoncl ...I am hoping that is the case with me, they are working my case and everything pulls through asap

Wheetsin.. great advise I would hate to be swept by the wayside... I'm pushing until I get what I want without being rude of course!

atkinsoncl ...I am hoping that is the case with me' date=' they are working my case and everything pulls through asap

Wheetsin.. great advise I would hate to be swept by the wayside... I'm pushing until I get what I want without being rude of course![/quote']

I know! It sure is a tough waiting process, especially when it is preop diet time. Hoping things speed up quickly for you.

Did you ask them about your turnaround time for a response?

My first submission was with Cigna. Thir policy is at least 20 business days, up to 30, before they let you know. And sure enough they took 29 days.

Second submission was to BCBS. I asked them how long and they told me, "A few days." I thought she was kidding. Submitted on a Friday, had approval Tuesday (IIRC).

Best of luck to you. :)

No, I hadn't asked them because they were unable to see the file in their system so I was assuming it wasn't faxed by my surgeons office. Now that I know it has been that's my next question

Awesome!! Now just to hear the words you are waiting for :) . Good luck!

Update... My case has been opened a.d the turn around time is 5 days 15 if things are missing from the file (fingers crossed) thank you!!