Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone With Bcbs Fed?

My final bill from the hospital was $250 and the surgeons bill was $465.20.

I have the Basic (no surgery date yet), 3 Nut visit (total of 4, including 1st one) Nut visit 3 on May 24, 1 psych visit, Stress Test, Echo and a slu of lab work.

I got my final bill about 2-3 months after the surgery and it was $150 copay (I had switched to the Basic plan for the surgery). I did not have to pay for anything else (except my initial copays for my appointments with the surgeon and my copays for the nutrition visits).

I just had my surgical consult and told by the ins coordinator I am only required to have one NUT visit, one psych visit, and a pcp letter of medical necessity. I have FEPBLUE basic option. I should have all my requirements done by next week. I am confused bacause every one is saying 3 nut visits?

I have BCBS Fed. I only had to go 3 months. My surgery date is July 20. Mine was covered 100 %. I just had to cover copays.

I have BCBS Fed. I only had to go 3 months. My surgery date is July 20. Mine was covered 100 %. I just had to cover copays.

Only the first visit I had to meet with nutritionist. The other two I just met with the nurse practitioner.

I have FEP Basic and I just finished up all the requirements, which included 3 nut visits

Did you have to pay your copay at the hospital prior to surgery or did the hospital bill you?

Did you have to pay your copay at the hospital prior to surgery or did the hospital bill you?

I just had my surgical consult and told by the ins coordinator I am only required to have one NUT visit' date=' one psych visit, and a pcp letter of medical necessity. I have FEPBLUE basic option. I should have all my requirements done by next week. I am confused bacause every one is saying 3 nut visits?[/quote']

That's interesting. I had to do 3 nut visits. 1psych visit. Endoscopy. Exercise Physiology. And i did not need a letter from my PCP. I think you should check again on the 1 nut visit.

The endoscopy is required by the surgeon, not the ins. Never heard of excercise physiology visit. Letter of necessity is possibly required due to my BMI being under 40 And having hypertension. Had my psych visit. I asked my patient advocate and my surgeon's RN and they both told me one.We'll see next week. I was hoping to get this done by Labor day. I may have to wait until mid to late sept? I guess

The endoscopy is required by the surgeon' date=' not the ins. Never heard of excercise physiology visit. Letter of necessity is possibly required due to my BMI being under 40 And having hypertension. Had my psych visit. I asked my patient advocate and my surgeon's RN and they both told me one.We'll see next week. I was hoping to get this done by Labor day. I may have to wait until mid to late sept? I guess[/quote']

I was reading other threads and other people stated the requirements regarding nut visits vary by state. That could be why you only have to do 1 visit.

Just got off the phone with fepblue. Requirements are: BMI>35 with comorbidity, or > 40 no comorbidity, letter of medical necessity, one psych visit, one nut visit and evidence of 3 months of supervised weight loss, such as ww, jc, optfast, etc.

Tried to pin down the 3 month requirement, if it needed to be this year, and he said aslong as the provider documented the attempt. So thats it.

I just had my surgical consult and told by the ins coordinator I am only required to have one NUT visit' date=' one psych visit, and a pcp letter of medical necessity. I have FEPBLUE basic option. I should have all my requirements done by next week. I am confused bacause every one is saying 3 nut visits?[/quote']

If you don't have the three months supervised diet already then most drs offices offer three mos of nut visits as an allowed substitute.

Well there you have it. I called my patient advocate to triple check on the requirements, and oops...yes you need 3 nut visits. So deflated, but persistent, the surgery will likely take place mid to late sept. :(