Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yummy food from our get together...

Tomato/ Cucumber salad -

Chop up tomatoe's and Cucumbers along with some onion (I don't use a lot because I don't like raw onions.) Drench with FF Italian dressing.

**A change add Pasta and some italian seasoning and there you have a great Pasta salad.**

Squash/ Zuchinni -

Slice squash and zuchinni up along with some onion. Put some garlic salt and FF Italian dressing on it. Put on the grill or bake in the oven til tender.

2 super easy sides and great for summer get togethers. :scared:

I ddin't have rro for the tomato/cukes, but the squash was so yummy! And FF! Who knew!

Black Bean and Corn Salsa

2-3 cans of black Beans, rinsed and drained (I used 3)

1 can whole kernel corn (yellow or white, rinsed and drained)

1 block Feta cheese, cut into tiny chunks

1 bunch green onions, finely chopped

dressing:

1/4 cup Oil (I used Canola)

1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar

1/4 cup sugar

1 tsp salt

1 tsp pepper

1 tsp garlic powder

Whisk dressing ingredients well, then pour over salad and stir well. Chill and serve with (evil) Fritos or Tostitos.

Note: when my Dad makes this, he substitutes Rosemary for the garlic powder and it's wonderful!

Thanks so much Kim, Rachel and I had a great time! We really enjoyed the evening!!!

Cheesy Cauliflower

1 head of cauliflower or 1 pkg. frozen

1/4 c. butter

1 tsp. mayonaise

1 tsp. mustard

1/2 c. Parmesan cheese

Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.

Steam or boil fresh cauliflower to desired tenderness or prepare frozen per package directions, & drain. Put in pie dish or square baking pan.

Mix mustard and mayo, spoon over cauliflower, and mix to coat.

Drop butter in small chunks on top of the coated cauliflower.

Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top and bake uncovered for 30 minutes.

Although not part of the original recipe, I lightly sprinkled pepper, onion flakes, and garlic powder on top before baking.

I follow in everyone's footsteps when I too say "Thank You!"

Mushroom Moussaka

1 eggplant, cut into 1/2 inch slices ( I peeled mine too)

1 large potato cut into 1/2 inch slices (also peeled)

2 1/4 oz of butter

1 large onion chopped

2 cloves garlic finely chopped

1 lb mushrooms sliced

1 14 oz can of chopped tomatoes

1/2 teaspoon of sugar

1/3 cup of plain flour

2 cups milk

1 egg lightly beaten

1 1/2 oz grated parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a large baking tray with foil and brush with olive oil. Put the eggplant and potato in single layer on the tray and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes

Melt 1 oz of the butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring for 3-4 minutes, or until soft. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Increase the heat to high, add the mushrooms and stir continuously for 2-3 minutes, or until mushrooms are soft. Add the Tomato, reduce the heat and simmer rapidly for 8 minutes or until reduced. Stir in the sugar.

Melt the remaining butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Add the flour and cook for 1 minute , or until pale and foaming. Remove from the heat and gradually stir in the milk. Return to the heat and stir constantly until it boils and thickens. Reduce the heat and simmer for 2 minutes more. Remove from the heat and when the bubbles subside, stir in the egg and Parmesan.

Reduce the oven to 350 degrees. Spoon 1/3 of the mushrooom mixture into a oven proof dish. Cover with a layer of potatos and top with half of the remaining mushrooms, then a layer of eggplant. Finish with the remaining mushrooms and then pour the sauce on and smooth the top. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the edges bubble. To Brown the top put under the broiler for a few minutes. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.

Makes 6 servings

268 calories

16 g fat

18 g carbs

5 g Fiber

12 g Protein

OK NOW I"M crying!!! I missed not only all of you guys, but this wonderful food!

Kim did you ever get the txt message I sent you around 4:30?

I'm sure you guys had a great time.

OK Christmas party at my house with husbands! This way I can't go to the in-laws..lol... A Friday night in December, bring your favortie appitizer.

Oh I am sorry you are all so welcome. We had a great time also!!!

Dianne I am up for Christmas. Friday night will be pushing to get there unless I am off that friday. We will wait and see how it works out for us. :scared: I did get the message and read it to everyone that was there. I just forgot to take a picture with the phone.

Again thanks for the yummy food and the good time. I might make some of them for the the reunion this coming weekend.